It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald J. Trump Visiting African-American Communites To Offer A Better Way Forward!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Trump is the only candidate making an effective stand against the Clinton dilemma.

He must fight her on her own turf.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

The seats will be empty.

Kinda like a Hillary speech.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

"A yuge personal risk", how?

I'm referring to attempts on his life. It wouldn't be the first time someone in opposition to Clinton has woke up under the dirt.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Byrd

So for example, adding 3 or 4 (or more) million jobs won't help?

What kind of jobs and where?

You could add 3 or 4 million jobs in the tech sector, it won't help impoverished communities much.

How many people in those impoverished communities could land jobs in the tech sector? I've worked it - there's a lot of tests and other stuff to pass that require good reading skills and a lot of training.

Even if you said "Oh - they're all going to be bus drivers and janitors and not geeks and programmers" there's not millions of jobs there.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

For right now, the "Give me a try.. What the HELL DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE!?!?" is sufficient. Black Americans have no doubt that Trump knows HOW to get things done. Now, they just have the shake their "Stockholm Syndrome" attachment to the Democrat party that's held them captive and down for so long.

There's a lot to lose if the situation isn't fixed - and he hasn't said how he will fix it. Just "trust me! What do you have to lose?"

That's not something that appeals to an alienated voter. They've heard empty promises like that in every election cycle. They want to know what methods he's going to use to fix things.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

You could add 3 or 4 million jobs in the tech sector, it won't help impoverished communities much.

How many people in those impoverished communities could land jobs in the tech sector? I've worked it - there's a lot of tests and other stuff to pass that require good reading skills and a lot of training.

Even if you said "Oh - they're all going to be bus drivers and janitors and not geeks and programmers" there's not millions of jobs there.

You are thinking about an immediate fix, which is not going to happen.
For the tech sector, how about specific educational programmes including adult training colleges?

Education. retraining and job opportunity have to go hand in hand.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: intrepid

Yes but how? Just saying something doesn't make it happen.

I think he has mentioned the international corporations need to come back to the U.S.

That would add jobs and reduce poverty.

Again..... how? I believe that's Byrd's point.

The how can not be answered simply because it is (should be) multi - faceted.

And there's the problem in a nutshell. We're getting inspirational Simple Messages.

Education - new standards, more choice, better teacher skills assessment and training, more schools, smaller classes, increased scholarships (academic), cheaper (free) day care with pre-school learning, comprehensive transport.

...which needs to be thought out. How do you assess teachers (have you taught under the system lately? Teachers have a very high turnover rate - if you get "more assessment of teachers" (tests, evaluations, etc) this turns them into rats scurrying to meet a metric and not actually teaching.)
* More schools - where's the money coming from to operate them? States? local? Federal?
* Who's going to pay the salary of these teachers (for smaller classes)?
* Where does the money come from for scholarships - private sector? How do you get them to donate?
(and so forth - you get the point)

Infrastructure - investment in roads, public transport and social facilities (sports, clubs, academic, outdoor), retail incentives for chains and small businesses to open in inner cities

Same questions as above

Policing - more police, investment in training, community outreach (meaning every household should know who they can talk to), 100% body cams.

And again. (they also need to teach police how to handle situations non-aggressively and to work with the public instead of chasing down terrified 10 year olds while the perp gets away (as happened recently.))

Jobs - not just incentives for businesses to come back to the US, but specifically to commutable areas around inner cities. Zone areas for development and tax breaks for business. As above , incentives for small businesses outside the retail sector. Recruitment policies linked to incentives.

One factor that made those businesses move (just one, but not the only one) was the lack of security - break-ins, fires, etc. You might get them into the neighborhood but they'll leave after the 8th robbery in a year.

They'll come up with a plan, but the detail will have to be thrashed out and this should be done with representatives within the inner city community.

I agree.

I liked how Trump articulated his plan for the VA, talking about organisational structure and accountability.

I actually don't think that's Trump... I think that's one of his advisors. Historically, he hasn't shown that kind of forethought to detail.

The bottom line is that proportionally more (much more) investment will need to go to inner cities for the next decade.

Agreed. Now... who's going to pay for it?

Trump's plan so far is just "trust me." He needs a lot more than that.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

To all of the above posts...simple response...democrats have been making all of these promises and changes domestically. It seems to have failed. Time to try something different.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

a reply to: eNumbra

So your claim is that bringing new manufacturing to Detroit for example, wont lower their 39% poverty rate?

Is that what I said? If I recall, and I should since I only asked a few minutes ago; I asked what types of jobs and where he'd be bringing them to.

Manufacturing would definitely help Detroit, how does he plan on bringing it back and making it profitable for companies?

Well he is talking about bringing jobs back from over the borders. What jobs have we lost to other countries? The first one that comes to my mind is factory jobs what about you?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

For the tech sector, how about specific educational programmes including adult training colleges?

Actually, I know that (spent 30 years as a programmer/systems analyst/network administrator.) There's not 'millions' of that kind of job and it takes a lot of training and certification and once you're finished there's no guarantee of a job. Right now, the low level support jobs are easier to get - including phone support people who aren't that well trained.

But...who's going to hire these people? Where do the jobs come from? I have a dear friend (as I'm sure many of you do) who's well educated and has a lot of experience (oil fields, in my case) and who was downsized 8 months ago. Oil companies aren't doing a lot of drilling and exploration now, so although the market is flooded with qualified people, the jobs aren't there.

So once you train these people, where are the jobs coming from? Private sector? Many of them are kind of spoiled for choice right now.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I think he has mentioned the international corporations need to come back to the U.S.

The how can not be answered simply because it is (should be) multi - faceted.

And there's the problem in a nutshell. We're getting inspirational Simple Messages.

Education - new standards, more choice, better teacher skills assessment and training, more schools, smaller classes, increased scholarships (academic), cheaper (free) day care with pre-school learning, comprehensive transport.

...which needs to be thought out. How do you assess teachers (have you taught under the system lately? Teachers have a very high turnover rate - if you get "more assessment of teachers" (tests, evaluations, etc) this turns them into rats scurrying to meet a metric and not actually teaching.)
* More schools - where's the money coming from to operate them? States? local? Federal?
* Who's going to pay the salary of these teachers (for smaller classes)?
* Where does the money come from for scholarships - private sector? How do you get them to donate?
(and so forth - you get the point)

Infrastructure - investment in roads, public transport and social facilities (sports, clubs, academic, outdoor), retail incentives for chains and small businesses to open in inner cities

Same questions as above

Policing - more police, investment in training, community outreach (meaning every household should know who they can talk to), 100% body cams.

And again. (they also need to teach police how to handle situations non-aggressively and to work with the public instead of chasing down terrified 10 year olds while the perp gets away (as happened recently.))

Jobs - not just incentives for businesses to come back to the US, but specifically to commutable areas around inner cities. Zone areas for development and tax breaks for business. As above , incentives for small businesses outside the retail sector. Recruitment policies linked to incentives.

One factor that made those businesses move (just one, but not the only one) was the lack of security - break-ins, fires, etc. You might get them into the neighborhood but they'll leave after the 8th robbery in a year.

They'll come up with a plan, but the detail will have to be thrashed out and this should be done with representatives within the inner city community.

I agree.

I liked how Trump articulated his plan for the VA, talking about organisational structure and accountability.

I actually don't think that's Trump... I think that's one of his advisors. Historically, he hasn't shown that kind of forethought to detail.

The bottom line is that proportionally more (much more) investment will need to go to inner cities for the next decade.

Agreed. Now... who's going to pay for it?

Trump's plan so far is just "trust me." He needs a lot more than that.

Hey, I don't have all the answers, I just listed out a few thoughts. The point being that the detailed specifics need to be thrashed out with interested parties and it's not beyond the wit of man, considering it took me a few seconds to list out some thoughts. The broad issues are known.. I don't think it will work if Trump just dumps a plan on the table. You have to get people involved.

I am not sure it's a reasonable expectation to have the level of detail you are looking for here before one even starts a job. Is it not enough to say the focus will be on jobs, education, infrastructure and law and order with specific mention to inner city development? That's a genuine question - I don;t know the answer.

As for paying for it, that's the $1m question. It must be done, so someone else is going to have to take a back seat for a while. If America is serious about addressing racial and economic inequality then some will have to make sacrifices.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Actually, I know that (spent 30 years as a programmer/systems analyst/network administrator.) There's not 'millions' of that kind of job and it takes a lot of training and certification and once you're finished there's no guarantee of a job. Right now, the low level support jobs are easier to get - including phone support people who aren't that well trained.

But...who's going to hire these people? Where do the jobs come from? I have a dear friend (as I'm sure many of you do) who's well educated and has a lot of experience (oil fields, in my case) and who was downsized 8 months ago. Oil companies aren't doing a lot of drilling and exploration now, so although the market is flooded with qualified people, the jobs aren't there.

So once you train these people, where are the jobs coming from? Private sector? Many of them are kind of spoiled for choice right now.

They ain't coming from the democrats, that's for sure.

They have the choice of doing the same thing over and over and like the result or do something different for a change.

Let's see what he says to them.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

She's NOT going to NEED anymore pesky AUDIENCES.... SHE can GREEN SCREEN!

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

“Hillary Clinton-backed policies are responsible for the problems in the inner cities today, and a vote for her is a vote for another generation of poverty, high crime, and lost opportunities,” Trump said at an Aug. 17 rally in Wisconsin. Democratic lawmakers “have ruined the schools. They’ve driven out the jobs. They’ve tolerated a level of crime no American should consider acceptable. … I am asking for your vote so I can be your champion in the White House.”"

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Oh-so TRUE !!!

The Democrat policies in Democrat controlled areas over decades are 100% responsible for the dilemma Minorities are in today.

All Americans need to wake up to this.

Wait a second. If Democrats get the blame for the areas they control, then what about Republicans? Are we supposed to overlook that there are 31 Republican governors compared to only 18 Democratic and 1 independent governor nor? Governors control the executive branches of their respective states, which includes law enforcement and the other state "alphabet agencies". So why aren't Repubs held responsible for the crime in the states they control?

Oh yeah, and Republicans also control 31 State legislatures compared to only 11 Democratic controlled legislatures (with the other 8 being split). So why aren't these Republicans being held accountable? You're such a hypocrite.

Ironically, so many of you on the right who claim to hate govt have been living under Republican rule the entire time. And chances are, the local and state rules you hate were crafted by your own party. So why can't you admit that it's your own failed policies and officials that have created the mess we're in? When are you Repubs going to take responsibility for the crime in Republican controlled states?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

You make it sound like Republicans have never been in charge of anything in our country.

We've had Republican Presidents and we've had Republican-dominated congresses. Things didn't seem to get better for blacks then either.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Exactly why the growth in jobs and the training have to be coordinated effectively. It's a tough balancing act to minimise excess of skill sets and/or surplus of jobs.

I guess you could even partner with businesses to run academy's/apprenticeships - something like that.. i.e. tie the training directly to job opportunities embedded into growth plans. That way there is an immediate tax incentive.

Lots to think about, but the challenges will have to be met.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: UnBreakable

She's NOT going to NEED anymore pesky AUDIENCES.... SHE can GREEN SCREEN!

Blimey - interesting!

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I think the easiest way to learn how would be to go to his website and read his policies and the details outlining them. There is plenty detail there.

If you have any trouble with finding what you are looking for after reading it feel free to let me know here. I will gladly go to his website and find it for you and quote it here for you.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

“Hillary Clinton-backed policies are responsible for the problems in the inner cities today, and a vote for her is a vote for another generation of poverty, high crime, and lost opportunities,” Trump said at an Aug. 17 rally in Wisconsin. Democratic lawmakers “have ruined the schools. They’ve driven out the jobs. They’ve tolerated a level of crime no American should consider acceptable. … I am asking for your vote so I can be your champion in the White House.”"

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Oh-so TRUE !!!

The Democrat policies in Democrat controlled areas over decades are 100% responsible for the dilemma Minorities are in today.

All Americans need to wake up to this.

Wait a second. If Democrats get the blame for the areas they control, then what about Republicans? Are we supposed to overlook that there are 31 Republican governors compared to only 18 Democratic and 1 independent governor nor? Governors control the executive branches of their respective states, which includes law enforcement and the other state "alphabet agencies". So why aren't Repubs held responsible for the crime in the states they control?

Oh yeah, and Republicans also control 31 State legislatures compared to only 11 Democratic controlled legislatures (with the other 8 being split). So why aren't these Republicans being held accountable? You're such a hypocrite.

Ironically, so many of you on the right who claim to hate govt have been living under Republican rule the entire time. And chances are, the local and state rules you hate were crafted by your own party. So why can't you admit that it's your own failed policies and officials that have created the mess we're in? When are you Repubs going to take responsibility for the crime in Republican controlled states?

We take responsibility.

Do the dems and progressives?

Nah, "WWDJTD"!? Everyone wants to know so they can diss it as pandering, another mistake and unworkable.

Rules and laws are made by both sides, mostly.

Last I heard, Mayor's run the cities they are elected to. Not governors.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

There's a lot to lose if the situation isn't fixed

The situation will not be fixed unless someone fixes it. Thus far, the administration's we have had, from both parties, have failed to fix anything. Thus, it logically comes down to a possible lose with one compared to a definite, historically proven lose with the other. That's the message.

I want to see the inner cities rebound. I'm tired of hearing about crime running rampant and abuse of the poor because they can't do anything to stop it. I want some of those inner-city folks at my university, preparing to work alongside me.

I'm tired of hearing it can't be done. A man is standing up and offering to fix it. Where is the harm in letting him try? It's already broken...

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join