It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald J. Trump Visiting African-American Communites To Offer A Better Way Forward!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Your post confused me.

I am making an assumption that you are a black man who is not poor or facing a failing socio-economic situation. In other words, you are one of that 75% you speak of. So why would you think that a message obviously intended for the 25% who are in that situation is intended for you?

I know it wasn't intended for me. I like it because I want to see the people who it was intended for prosper, not because it will help me personally.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Now, a couple months before the election, he's moving to establish his electability. He knows his opponent and he knows her weaknesses. He may look crazy, but I think he's crazy like a fox.

He doesn't look crazy. He looks stupid.

He should have started "moving to establish his electability" as soon as he had the nomination wrapped up; certainly during his convention and the weeks after that.

It's probably too late now. And going by what Kellyanne Conway said this weekend he's not even prepping for the debates.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You are arguing out of both sides of your mouth. On the one hand, we are constantly told how by those on the left how bad things are for black folks whether it is a social justice warrior, celebrity, or politician. Then on the other hand, when a conservative tries to address it, you claim thing aren't that bad...

How am I talking out of both sides of my mouth? I'm not responsible for when others talk about how bad some of us have it in specific scenarios. You're literally trying to hold me responsible for words I didn't speak. In fact, I'm usually one of the posters here who encourages others to focus on the things they love in life & stop focusing on the negatives. So quit putting words in my mouth.

2nd, my post was talking about poverty. Most African Americans are not statistically poor. But people can have problems, concerns, and priorities that have nothing to do with economics. Surely you can understand that, right?

Which one is it?

I do agree with you that the blacks are not all the same. However, it is a denial of reality to say what we are not monolithic when it comes to politics. Yes, we don't all vote 100% democrat, but 95% is pretty damn close.

Personally, I find most of us don't even know why we vote Democrat because when I talk to my fellow brothers and sisters, about policy issues, I find that many tend to have views diametrically opposed to the Democrat platform. School choice. Illegal immigration. Church issues.

I didn't even mention African Americans voting overwhelmingly Democratic. So you're arguing against a point I didn't even make. But if you looked at my previous post, I stated this:

So maybe, just maybe, if non-African Americans (like yourself) saw us as individual Americans with individual perspectives, you'd understand that there are a multitude of reasons why our communities & families overwhelmingly reject Trump and his policy proposals. (TLDR: There are a lot of reasons why most African Americans reject Trump; not just economic reasons.)

So what part of "a multitude of reasons" don't you understand? Obviously it's not just a fluke because Trump's getting less support than other recent Republican presidential nominees. But Trump supporters will apparently never understand this, seeing as they/you completely ignore and reject every issue we raise with Trump.
edit on 29-8-2016 by enlightenedservant because: formatting snafu

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I still say HE isn't capable of rendering such an idea it's HIS people he's hired.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

How did my post confuse you? Trump was clearly talking to all of us, seeing as his campaign & supporters made it clear that they were making an appeal to African American voters (not just poor African American voters). He was just too uninformed to know the economic or social breakdown of our demographics. Hence, the widespread backlash to his speech. You'd know that this is how his words were taken if you took the time to look at our community's responses to it.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Byrd

I still say HE isn't capable of rendering such an idea it's HIS people he's hired.

And the people he's hired are third-stringers from the same old cast of usual suspects who've been running things all along.

What gives anyone any confidence they will really change things?

LINK.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: eNumbra

So your claim is that bringing new manufacturing to Detroit for example, wont lower their 39% poverty rate?

Is that what I said? If I recall, and I should since I only asked a few minutes ago; I asked what types of jobs and where he'd be bringing them to.

Manufacturing would definitely help Detroit, how does he plan on bringing it back and making it profitable for companies?

Well he is talking about bringing jobs back from over the borders. What jobs have we lost to other countries? The first one that comes to my mind is factory jobs what about you?

And again, how's he going to incentivize it?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

That is exactly what confuses me. I'm not trying to attack you here; I honestly want to understand.

When someone says something about "rich white guys," for instance, that doesn't include me. I'm white (well, sorta reddish-beige depending on the season), but I'm not rich. I know there are white folk who are rich; I'm just not one of them. The same thing if I hear the term "white trash." It doesn't include me.

But, based on your answer to me, any segment of the black population must by definition include all of the black population?

I guess it's the "community" thing I have never quite figured out. I'm part of a community where I live. We have white folk and black folk in it. I get along with most of them. But even a community based on living next to each other doesn't mean we're all the same. How can a "community" exist when the only thing holding it together is something as trivial as skin color? How can such a community be united on anything substantial? It makes no sense to me, and I can't seem to wrap my head around it.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It would be nice if Trump simply went out to minority communities on his own initiative instead of having his campaign manager announce that he eventually will because she was put on the defensive by a softball question on Fox.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

REALLY?
all the GOP clowns bailed for the Oligarchs,so what are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: eNumbra

So your claim is that bringing new manufacturing to Detroit for example, wont lower their 39% poverty rate?

Is that what I said? If I recall, and I should since I only asked a few minutes ago; I asked what types of jobs and where he'd be bringing them to.

Manufacturing would definitely help Detroit, how does he plan on bringing it back and making it profitable for companies?

Well he is talking about bringing jobs back from over the borders. What jobs have we lost to other countries? The first one that comes to my mind is factory jobs what about you?

There's no way he can bring back factory jobs.

Or, rather, there's no way to even attempt to do it without massively disrupting and almost certainly crashing the world economy.

Not to mention that many factory jobs are gone forever due to automation.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
HE'S out there WITH the people NOT cloistered and sick.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

YEAH supporting moneybags, so?
Business as usual because IT IS business men and not LAWYERS.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

REALLY?
all the GOP clowns bailed for the Oligarchs,so what are you talking about?

Not sure what you're talking about either.

What I'm talking about is (for example) Trump appointing to his council of economic advisors hedge fund managers like John Paulson who made a fortune speculating on the sub-prime mortgage collapse and Steven Mnuchin who made his fortune with Goldman Sachs and as the chair of OneWest Bank was in charge of disproportionate foreclosures against communities of color.

I don't see how that encourages the African-America community or anyone else to believe that Trump will change bipartisan business as usual in DC.

Edit for link: LINK.
edit on 29-8-2016 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

GRANTED .I accept this.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Willtell
HE'S out there WITH the people NOT cloistered and sick.

He lives and eats in Trump Tower. When he travels, he flies in his private plane. He wouldn't understand an honest workingman if he ever met one.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Puppylove

Pretty telling.
His rally in Iowa the other day was a little on the spare side.
He can get a certain group of Americans in certain areas. That's not adding to his base and he's so far in the hole with the voters who could put him over. Women and minorities.
He's not getting any new supporters. Not with this latest attempt.

Maybe you didn't watch infowars video of his Akron Ohio visit. Plenty of women and minorities who support Trump. People support TRUMP not the RepublicAn party.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
I think he has employed MANY so MY guess is YOU are mistaken..again...
And ..did you expect him to WALK?
Ride a BUS across country?

Naive.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Naive.

Yes, he hires people to hire immigrants who work for less than American workers:

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Naive.

Yes, he hires people to hire immigrants who work for less than American workers:

www.nationalreview.com...

I wouldn't take the National Review too seriously - they are no better than the National Enquirer these days.
So trumps contractors MAY have hired some illegals. When Trump hires them directly then you (and the ever alert for a Trump hit piece National Review) will have a story.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join