It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia sends message to NATO through their drills.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: spy66

So you think American spooks a trying a "Russian" spring?

No. The US failed the initial cop. Russia wont invade past the front line.

Kiev might try to instigate a confrontation past the front line. Ukraine are building missiles to do the job, and have already tested one. This might force Russia to ingage targets further inside western Ukraine if these missiles become a threat.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

THAT would be a HORRIBLE idea ...no doubt with thermobarics.
You are saying Russia DOES NOT want Ukraine as a whole country they are ONLY cutting off their piece?
edit on 29-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

THAT would be a HORRIBLE idea ...no doubt with thermobarics.
You are saying Russia DOES NOT want Ukraine as a whole country they are ONLY cutting off their piece?

If Russia wanted Ukraine to them selves, why would they wait until Kiev can dress up and muster 240 000 trops?
that doesnt make any sense.

Russia didnt want to split Ukraine, Russia had Ukraine before the cop. This is a winn winn argument Victoria Nuland would use to argue the cop they instigated. If it didnt work out 100%,.... they would at least end up With some and a government to push their will on the People on their side of the frontline.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

COUP not cop,I 'm not insulting you I just want to clarify.
People get PISSED sometimes if you fix their words.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

COUP not cop,I 'm not insulting you I just want to clarify.
People get PISSED sometimes if you fix their words.

I am fron Norway so sometimes the two get mixed up

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Turkey says Assad may have future in Syria. Russia started chartered flights back to Turkey. Turkey surrounds USA base in Turkey. Turkey attacks USA assets in Syria ie Kurds. No real complaints from Syria or Russia when Turkey rolled into Syria however USA is complaining. Looks to me Russia and Turkey are BFF. I am just worried USA may ally with Iran in return. Iran wants Kurdistan i think. And now Iran runs good chunk of Iraq. Interesting to say the least

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: REalBEL

No complaints? Syria is pissed and has been very vocal about Turkish troops in Syrian territory. The US does not have an airbase in Turkey. We use Turkeys Incirlik airbase in addition to other NATO members / nations involved in Syria.

Erdogan is playing the Russians against the Europeans / Americans. By giving the impression of becoming closer with Russia they are hoping to win concessions with regards to admission to the EU.

As for the coup nonsense I still think Erdogan was tipped off / involved in it to give reason to clear his opposition. He wants a strong Presidential system and has been consistent in rewriting the Constitution / enacting laws to that effect.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

MAN, that will piss off the American Think tanks...We F##KED Iran in the 60s with a hellish dictator,they seem to be holding a grudge ,I wouldn't count on that.
edit on 30-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

ah you just went full troll. everytime i come back to ats you sound dumber and dumber.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
USA just ousted Pro Russian Brazil president in political coup. Riots in Street as the battle for Brazil heats up. Russia and USA really going toe to toe now.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

This will continue as long as America continues their (our) campaign not to recognize Russia as a affluent nation in this world. They have much to offer in many different areas, and if we stopped at rhetoric that would be one thing, but blatant jabs are another. So far I think Russia has been mature, but everyone has their limits.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

ah you just went full troll. everytime i come back to ats you sound dumber and dumber.

www.youtube.com...

Except for the fact Russia did in Georgia what they have done in Crimea, east Ukraine and Transnistria in Moldova. The provinces tried to break away from Georgia and it was done in the same manner Russia used in Ukraine / Moldova. When S. Ossetia didn't get recognized as an autonomous region by the Georgian government, the conflict started.

So what you are saying is a former SSR is not allowed to run their own internal affairs? Ironic that Russia would make the argument of the 2 provinces wanting to be separate from Georgia and supporting that position while the Russia / Soviet government invaded Chechnya to prevent the very action Russia supported in Georgia.

Also knock the personal attack crap off. If you can't refute facts just say so. There is no need to distract by launching a personal attack.

Protecting ethnic Russia's is no more valid of an excuse than Hitler protecting ethnic Germans.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: REalBEL
USA just ousted Pro Russian Brazil president in political coup. Riots in Street as the battle for Brazil heats up. Russia and USA really going toe to toe now.

No the Brazilian government, using the Brazilian constitution, removed her from office via impeachment.

But by all means please link us to the sources that support your claim so we all can read about it.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
This will continue as long as America continues their (our) campaign not to recognize Russia as a affluent nation in this world.

Why should the US recognize Russia in that manner? Why cant Iran / Syria recognize Israel? Why cant Russia recognize Chechnya as its own nation?

It's a 2way road.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

south ossetia has been asking to become a part of Russia for a long time, Russia says no. the conflict started when the Georgian army attacked peaceful people. there is evidence of this and you refuse to recognize it.

I did refute the facts. i posted the video, you can go ahead and watch it. there are plenty of videos on the Georgian war none of them back up the fantasy you've built up and about Russia attacking unprovoked and all of them backing that Georgia slaughtered peaceful civilians.

if you weren't so easily manipulated and reliant on your beliefs then maybe you'd be able to discern factual information. sadly you can not.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Chechnya is its own nation..

but please. regale us with your take on how Russia impedes on its sovereignty. im dying to hear this.
edit on 3-9-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

Chechnya is its own nation..

but please. regail us with your take on how Russia impedes on its sovereignty. im dying to hear this.

Why did Russia invade them twice and appoints its ruler?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

and yet Russia invaded Georgia and occupies 2 provinces.

The Russo-Georgian War was a war between Georgia, Russia and the Russian-backed self-proclaimed republics of South Ossetia and Abkhazia - source

Like I said.. Russia did the same in Moldova and Ukraine.
edit on 3-9-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
This will continue as long as America continues their (our) campaign not to recognize Russia as a affluent nation in this world.

Why should the US recognize Russia in that manner? Why cant Iran / Syria recognize Israel? Why cant Russia recognize Chechnya as its own nation?

It's a 2way road.

Yea, I get the traffic laws, we built the road. The difference between Russia and the US is we invade any country and they stick close to their border with countries containing ethnic Russians. Manifest destiny wasn't to long ago. So we can do it to land that wasn't ours, but when they do it they're out of line? Cool narrative, sounds entitled and bad a**. I'm with you.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

um they invaded them because the previous war had created a dangerous threat on their border. and they appointed khadyrov? you realize he hated russia for the longest time right?

none of that answers my question tho. so yeah back to it. how does russia impede on its sovereignty?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join