It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia sends message to NATO through their drills.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This is an excerpt from a Russian military exercise held in their own country.

The opposing force was not specified, but messages played over loudspeakers as the drills took place left little room for the imagination.

“NATO soldiers! You are being lied to! You are not peacekeepers! Lay down your arms,” a female voice warned the soldiers in a recording played on loudspeakers, according to RIA Novosti’s reporter on the scene.

“Your treacherous attack is disturbing a peaceful country. You will suffer retribution and the anger of a people who have never suffered defeat in any war. Drop your weapons and stop being pawns for your leaders,” the Russian message added. It was then played in several other languages.

RT

I just want to point a few things out before this gets taken to far out of context.

1. I know the source is Russia Today.

2. I understand the biased and propaganda that may be behind this.

3. I also am irritated by threads boasting the WWIII thread category, sometimes lacking substance.

That brings said this category only seemed fit. Whether this be more biased media from one sphere of influence or the other. The rhetoric is clear. The tension is here and it is worth addressing. Throw cold war alliance troops on an old enemies border decades later, the response may not be favorable to your narrative. Although I must say this is a very interesting response (those who have been following, this is one of many). I'm not going to sit here and say they are completely passive, but I will humored both sides on this one. I will also very empatheticly see the Russian side as well.
edit on 20-8-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The Russians have got every single right to be pissed with NATO, USA............. whatever you want to call it. NATO troops creeping up to Russia's borders is wrong so wrong. All the rest of the world had to do once the Cold War ended was let Russia have its own back yard of influence. The constant push against Russia is getting results in Russia fighting on two fronts Ukraine, Syria to fend off creep creep towards Moscow itself. We are probably going to see much more in the coming months with the US Presidential transition approaching and Moscow teasing and testing Obama right to the end.

Message to Obama.................. You pulled out of the Middle East to quick, you left a vacuum there once you pulled your troops out and the place is a mess right now with the world over feeling the blow back from pulling out too soon. Once you went in you should have stayed for at leat 50 years and re educate the masses, by pulling out a hell has been unleashed on the world. Give up pushing the Russians around and let them have their age old sphere of influence and use your energies/military to put right the cataclysmic mess you have created in the Middle East by pulling your troops out too soon. Once you went in you needed to do the job properly like you did with Germany and Japan who you still occupy to this day, instead you played the chicken and legged it too soon.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Been following this the last week. Didn't know they were using loud speakers. This could get nasty fast or it just more chest pounding.

www.smh.com.au...
May be Buk missiles back.
www.wsj.com...
Some links to share.

edit on 20-8-2016 by Tarzan the apeman. because: I spell badly and my english aint so great either

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Here we got the latest joke from NATO:
Pentagon Warns Assad Regime to Avoid Action Near U.S. and Allied Forces

So they sponsored a bunch of terrorist groups (AKA "moderate beheaders"), gave them weapons and stuff, assisted with air cover (through entering the sovereign country without invitation and bombing it into oblivion), and now they say something like, "Be careful, avoid your actions against us or our mercenaries!11"

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

You couldn't make it up if you tried

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
nato calles it "reversed truth "...wildely spread by western MSM....
just an bunch of scammers.... hihi
just as the latest pic of an poor syrian boy ...placed in wat it looks an brand new ambulance ...yes nice hartbreaking propaganda...
serious..! nice clean ambulance in an 6mounts warzone......lollll.a reply to: JedemDasSeine

edit on 20-8-2016 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
LEAVE THE RUSSIANS ALONE! They have been invaded 3 times and they have always won. They are not going to give up Crimea and their Black Sea port. They have had it since the days of Catherine The Great.
edit on 20-8-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The West (NATO////) wont make the first move in a war .They are there as a back up for any of the proxy //// types .Right now the /// proxies are moderate rebels and Kurds in Syria/Turkey but that might not last much longer . In Ukraine they have the Nazies .This Gladio B thing is making much more sense , but the gig might be up on that one .

For NATO to engage it will be with bombs . But only on a weakened target . Russia is anything but weak and the west knows it. In fact most of the world knows just how strong and reliable Russia is because of Syria .The west tried to isolate Putin and make him out to be something he and Russia is not .

Word is that Turkeys top intelligence guy made a trip to Damascus to talk to the Assad must go guy :>) ...Turkeys move back towards Russia and the announcement of the South stream pipeline is a message that 1 .no pipe line from Qatar and 2 no Kurdish state .

Looks like Russia is also sending another signal with its new location in western Iran . One can expect that they will have the S400's there as well . Hey China has finally decided to say publically what most were wondering when they would .I guess there is only so much you can be told or dictated to about what you do in your back yard .

So is it a matter of "if" or "when" ...? The western plan for a NWO had to included the monetary factor . That is a Big Duck they don't have in the line yet .Its quite busy sliding down that slippery slope they put it on .If the Duck hits the bottom of the hill ,it become over for the west . Its going to hit the bottom and so it becomes a matter of when and not a if . Looks like NATO's plan is to dupe as many as they can in the EU to double down with them and face the Bear . The Bear with the big teeth . Behind the scenes conversations go like this . OK , you go in first and they will be right behind you .We can do this . Don't pay any attention to the Russians . Their Growl is much worse then their bite .

If Turkey kicks NATO out then it will be a matter of who is going to be next . Hungary is looking like they will be the next to exit the EU and so will have to turn to some other place . Greece would if they could .But if Turkey turns away from the EU then maybe Greece might do the same . NATO would be foolish to start anything with out the Turkey position . This is all my own opinion of course .

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I bet Russia can't wait for a Trump presidency so he can try his best to pull the US out of NATO.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Looks like Russia is also sending another signal with its new location in western Iran . One can expect that they will have the S400's there as well .

According to Iran’s Defense Minister Hossein Dehqan, Iran has no plans to buy S-400 from Russia.

As for base(s), Dehqan ruled out any plans for permitting Russian jets to use Iranian bases other than the Nojeh airbase at the moment, but noted that they can keep using the Nojeh airbase as long as necessary.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Shhh, you aren't supposed to say NATO, you're suppose to use the term "Coalition Forces".

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I wish the U.S. and Russia could have a big "meet and greet", and not leave until we all got along. As a people, we are not that different. It's the stupid pissing contests of our 'rulers" that keeps one paranoid about the other.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I was assuming that Russia would deploy the S400's as part of their own defence while there . Iran I think has got the S300's but if Russia makes the stay a longer term one then the 400's would be in order .

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Its probably the covert element of the CIA/NATO=Gladio that is stopping the two sides from being in a open friendly relationship . Remember it was the US that created and armed the forces in Afghanistan to give Russia their Vietnam War .
edit on 20-8-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Well maybe if Russian Forces would not have invaded & started massacring the population the Mujaheddin would not have been needed.

For the OP, more Putin blather to satisfy the nationalist urge at home since their economy sucks so bad with the last round of sanctions.
K~

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Is accurate. Putin for the last year has been asking for peace. That they don't want confrontation but the U.S./NATO is my giving them any other choice.

Putin said that he's been trying to tell the public (by trying to get to the media), but it hasent been working. That they don't know any other way to get it through to us.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

it would seem we are living in a still very dangerous age.

with the fall of the soviet union and communism, nato needed a new purpose to justify it's existence.

the creation of failed states and an attempt to force a worldwide arms race became it's new mission.
Iraq, Ukraine, libya, Syria, afganistan, etc.
and these people pretend to know what they are doing, so sad.

they have killed more people and destroyed more lives than isis ever could.
nato would seem to have become the world's #1 problem maker.
anything to keep one's career going, I guess.

so sad to see how our tax dollars are being spent by the trillions to terrorize the planet.
and Hillary represents continuity, the last thing the human race needs.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JedemDasSeine

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Looks like Russia is also sending another signal with its new location in western Iran . One can expect that they will have the S400's there as well .

According to Iran’s Defense Minister Hossein Dehqan, Iran has no plans to buy S-400 from Russia.

As for base(s), Dehqan ruled out any plans for permitting Russian jets to use Iranian bases other than the Nojeh airbase at the moment, but noted that they can keep using the Nojeh airbase as long as necessary.

Really?
Iran isn't interested in nukes either.
Have some more Kool-aide.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Syria ‘OK’ with U.S. airstrikes

UNITED NATIONS — Syria’s foreign minister said Monday that his government is satisfied with the U.S.-led bombing campaign against the Islamic State group, adding that the airstrikes should be expanded to include all other militant groups in Syria.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Walid al-Moallem said the fight against terrorism has aligned Damascus with Western and Arab opponents in fighting the same enemy.

Al-Moallem said the U.S. does not inform Syria of every strike before it happens, “but it’s OK.”

“We are fighting ISIS, they are fighting ISIS,” he said, referring to the group by one of its acronyms.

He spoke as U.S.-led coalition airstrikes targeted towns in northern and eastern Syria controlled by the Islamic State group, including one strike that Syrian activists said hit a grain silo and reportedly killed civilians.

click link for article..

I dont know why you guys keep trying to push the false narrative that the US led coalition is operating illegally in Syria when Syria approved it back in 2014.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Good article, but I think it's worth noting that it's a new battlefield now. I would be hard pressed to here that Assad is supportive of our effort to remove him from power.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join