It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaps in Melania Trump's immigration story raise questions

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Former Modeling Agent Says He Got Melania Trump's Visa

Melania Trump obtained a work visa before she modelled professionally in the United States in the mid-1990s, her former modeling agent told The Associated Press. That appeared to back up her statements as recently as Thursday that she adhered to U.S. immigration laws as she went from a Slovenian model years later to an American citizen.
On Thursday, Zampolli said he personally secured a work visa for Mrs. Trump, who in the mid-1990s was named Melania Knauss, while he was a partner at modeling agency Metropolitan Models.

"She qualified. We got her the H-1B as soon as she came," Zampolli said, referring to the type of work visa that U.S. companies can obtain for "fashion models of distinguished merit and ability." H-1B visas generally allow a person to work and live in the U.S. for three years with the opportunity to renew them for another three years.

Zampolli said he based the H-1B application on Trump's previous modeling work in Paris and Milan. "We used whatever she did before to get her a visa," he said. "She had enough tear sheets to qualify."

In interviews earlier this year with MSNBC and for a profile in Harper's Bazaar, Trump said she periodically traveled back to Slovenia to make sure she was adhering to the terms of her visa, though U.S. immigration law did not require such trips for work-visa holders at the time.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

are you saying that in 1995 trump knew that melania was in the country illegally?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

+ this part from your link

Zampolli said he was not aware whether Trump ever held a different visa. He said it was possible she came to the U.S. on a visitor visa to check out the modeling agency, a practice he said was common when foreign models were considering making the jump to New York.

No doubt she did get an H1-B visa at some point...that is not the question.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Are we really calling for a potential first ladies VISA records?

She injected herself into this campaign so why shouldn't she be called out? I forgot immigration only matters if they are brown or Muslim but it's ok for good looking bimbos from commieland to overstay their welcome.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Ok if they are gona knit pick her, tell em to get on the other few million also.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

Ok if they are gona knit pick her, tell em to get on the other few million also.

The other few million are wives of Trump who is running for president of the USA?

Its not about Melania.

Its about Trump's immigration platform.

edit on 4-8-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Gin

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

My sides are in orbit, can't stop laughing. So much spinning and clutching on straws done today. Dear god.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

are you saying that in 1995 trump knew that melania was in the country illegally?

What difference does that make?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gin

My sides are in orbit, can't stop laughing. So much spinning and clutching on straws done today. Dear god.

So, simple.

Melania can just produce her documentation papers.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The hilarious part for me here is that the conservatives are basically admitting they have no integrity. Instead of holding their guy to a higher standard, or any standard at all, they just come in with "But Hillary..."

Donald and Melanie Trump are the topic here, not Hillary, and if he doesn't abide by what he says, they why should I take anything else he says seriously?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

On Thursday, Zampolli said he personally secured a work visa for Mrs. Trump, who in the mid-1990s was named Melania Knauss, while he was a partner at modeling agency Metropolitan Models.

Great.

I stated earlier employers often provide the necessary work Visas.

Why didn't she just say so?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I don't have a problem with it, round em up and ship em out. All of em!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Alright, alright, point made. If Melania ever decides to run for office on an immigration platform, these are certainly questions that must be addressed. Afterall, how outrageous would it be of any would-be candidate for office to break the law and lie about it.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

I don't have a problem with it, round em up and ship em out. All of em!

Great! We can use the life size Noah's Ark, in Kentucky.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Now that's thinking!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy
The hilarious part for me, a non-US citizen, is watching all of those that cried murder when Obama was asked about his birth certificate, now demanding to see Melania's work visa from 1995.

It's like watching a two headed dog try to chase one tail, but both heads keep going in the opposite direction. A little bit terrifying, a lot ugly, but hugely entertaining.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't believe in immigrant shaming or slut shaming but she is a plagiarist. Our immigration laws are ridiculous and unfair so I really don't care if she broke the law or not however the back flips Trumplerinas are doing should place them quite well down in Rio.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
If this is the best the Dem's can do... Trump by a landslide.

Great times dead ahead.

That's exactly what I was thinking. There have been a slew of threads in the past few days regarding little pointless things about Trump.

Trumps kids kill animals

His wife was here illegally for a year

Right wing media posts picture of football fans as trump supporters

I mean is this really all the Hillary camp has? If so they're in trouble.

Hell, wikileaks is killing Hillary alone

edit on 4-8-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Look at it this way, what If Obama’s wife was a foreigner from, for example, an African Muslim country. Imagine how the right wing squad( Alex Jones types) that loves Trump would bask in trying to prove: she’s a jihadist illegal, a Muslim brotherhood zombie, a Boko Haram follower and all kinds of crazy stuff.

What goes around comes around

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The hypocrisy in this thread is truly amazing. Thank you OP for the laugh...

I love you,

Harry

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join