It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaps in Melania Trump's immigration story raise questions

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Unless she came across the border she is not illegal, Indigo, to travel to the US you have to get a visa and when that visa is gone you just can not disappear that easy.

But if you come across the border well that is another story, is not accountability for that.

So good try but no is not going to work.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Unless she came across the border she is not illegal, Indigo, to travel to the US you have to get a visa and when that visa is gone you just can not disappear that easy.

But if you come across the border well that is another story, is not accountability for that.

Fact is most illegals in the usa are people who came in legally, but they never left when it was time to leave the country, arent facts fun.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
Just for clarity, is the claim:

A) Melania came to the US illegally?

[open question...she claims in interviews she came here first in 1996. The nude photo shoot in NYC and her roommate in NYC at the time put her here squarely in 1995. When questioned by Politico for the story, she ducked the 1995 status question altogether and said she followed the law since 1996]

or, is the claim:

B) Melania did something illegal while legally in the US?

[That would be working while on a tourist visa and lying on her green-card application about that as well as having a university degree]

There is a substantial difference between the two.

Answers in Brackets.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: Annee
Aren't both illegal?

Of course.

However, only one option pertains to Trump's stance on illegal immigration.

NO.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You do know that almost half of the illegals in this country came here legally and overstayed their visa once it expired, right?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
Melania's status has no effect on Trump's qualifications.

If it is confirmed that Melania is (or was, I guess) an illegal immigrant, it most certainly does.

I would not call someone qualified to run a country, when said country has very specific equality terms enshrined, if they play favourites with who is legal/illegal based on the colour of their skin.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The fact that you are so blind that you would sell out to a proven criminal!!

Look Anniee, I could give to spits about who you support!! But do yourself a favor and study the history of the Clinton's!! This woman is evil with a very nasty plan for Americans!! Don't blow off the truth when it is staring you in the face!!

The articles and links and facts exist throughout the boards on ATS! You just have to have the balls to read them! If you do not believe what you read then dissect until you find the truth!! But don't just support someone or something because of party lines or sex!!

Take a stand for something!!! Then tell us why you are taking that stand! Not based on emotional opinion but find the facts to support why you feel so strongly about something...

Melenia isn't running for office so the entire point of this thread is moot!

Pax

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

She had a Tourist Visa.

You can't work on a Tourist Visa.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

You do know that almost half of the illegals in this country came here legally and overstayed their visa once it expired, right?

I did not know that. Got a link so I can read up on the subject?
Thanks in advance.

link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

You and indigo act like I brought up one of Hillary's many scandals to attempt to balance or tip the scales on whatever is going on inside this thread.

The word you were looking for was "derail"..

See ...agree/disagree, support/oppose..I don't enter the gazillion "Hillary is Criminal" threads on here by immediately shouting about Trump's frauds...I discuss the actual topic..cuz that is the topic...and whether Trump scammed University students is not relevant to a thread about Hillarys email scandal..

So when folks immediately start shouting about Hillary on a thread asking questions about Melania's immigration status...it makes no sense beyond desperate derail.

All I said is vote for Hillary instead of Trump, followed by an entire paragraph of on-topic conversation which was conveniently overlooked to attack me for saying the name Hillary and claim I'm derailing. It's all good, this thread is a non story and won't be talked about in two days.

link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

Look Anniee, I could give to spits about who you support!! But do yourself a favor and study the history of the Clinton's!! This woman is evil with a very nasty plan for Americans!! Don't blow off the truth when it is staring you in the face!!

The articles and links and facts exist throughout the boards on ATS! You just have to have the balls to read them! If you do not believe what you read then dissect until you find the truth!! But don't just support someone or something because of party lines or sex!!

Take a stand for something!!! Then tell us why you are taking that stand! Not based on emotional opinion but find the facts to support why you feel so strongly about something...

Melenia isn't running for office so the entire point of this thread is moot!

Pax

Yes hillary is evil we get it, but illegal immigration is the platform that yuge hands donald is going for.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: introvert

I did not know that. Got a link so I can read up on the subject?
Thanks in advance.

Its posted all over ats, in all the oh those evil immigrants threads.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Yes most people with visas tend to extend them to stay, but illegals is different they just come across and blend into the population, visas have records and when the time is up and you don't show up to renew them the immigration will come and get you.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

Provide proven. You got any proof of convictions?

Melania had a Tourist Visa. It is/was illegal for her to work on a Tourist Visa.

TRUMP - - HYPOCRISY.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

NO.

So, every single immigrant in the US, regardless of how they got to the US, is an illegal immigrant the second they break any law?

Going to take you folks a very long time to clear out everybody with a speeding infraction (a broken law).

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

So she gets the same treatment anyone else gets that came here 21 years ago and is here legally now. Trust me, it's not an issue.

HYPOCRISY:

1. the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do

2. behavior that does not agree with what someone claims to believe or feel

She's legal. His policies deal only with illegals. Not illegals that came here 21 years ago and are legal now. Same goes for Mexicans. That's not hypocrisy lol.

link   

Yes most people with visas tend to extend them to stay, but illegals is different they just come across and blend into the population, visas have records and when the time is up and you don't show up to renew them the immigration will come and get you.

There both there illegally. No difference really.

link   

Yes I know, I used to work for a lawyer that specialized in immigration.I was his interpreter.

When you get a visa, your picture, fingerprints and history is into the hands of immigration records, illegals do not have a record. so if you overstay your visa immigration will find you.

link   

Melania talks about how she had to go back to her country every few months to get her Visa stamped. Then come back to the USA.

Work Visa's are generally for 3 years.

There would be no reason for her to have to go back to her country to get her Visa stamped if she had a Work Visa.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

So she gets the same treatment anyone else gets that came here 21 years ago and is here legally now. Trust me, it's not an issue.

HYPOCRISY:

1. the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do

2. behavior that does not agree with what someone claims to believe or feel

She's legal. His policies deal only with illegals. Not illegals that came here 21 years ago and are legal now. Same goes for Mexicans. That's not hypocrisy lol.

If she came here illegally you would be the hypocrite. But yea trump is da best

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join