It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaps in Melania Trump's immigration story raise questions

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Annee

Yes I know, I used to work for a lawyer that specialized in immigration.I was his interpreter.

When you get a visa, your picture, fingerprints and history is into the hands of immigration records, illegals do not have a record. so if you overstay your visa immigration will find you.

But, its not her Visa that was the illegal part.

Its her working on a Tourist Visa.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

Unless she came across the border she is not illegal

Anyone coming here has to cross a border..but I understand you mean ground vs. air.

to travel to the US you have to get a visa and when that visa is gone you just can not disappear that easy.

The vast majority of illegal aliens in the US are people who over-stayed their Visa...It is in fact that easy.

Considering she came from a relatively impoverished village in Slovenia and was being paid for "nude modeling"...it's possible in 1995 that she came here with false documents.

Even when asked how she came here in 1995...she still did not answer...she says 1996 again.

Why?

By specifying the year 1996, Trump’s statement conspicuously avoids addressing multiple reports and photographs that place her in the United States and working as a model in 1995, as well as a statement by Trump’s Slovenian biographer to POLITICO that she was performing modeling work in the United States that was not "technically" legal during her first trips there in 1995.

And Trump’s former roommate in New York, Matthew Atanian, told POLITICO’s Julia Ioffe in April that the two shared an apartment during a period that spanned 1995 to 1996.

www.politico.com...

edit on 4-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
[open question...she claims in interviews she came here first in 1996. The nude photo shoot in NYC and her roommate in NYC at the time put her here squarely in 1995. When questioned by Politico for the story, she ducked the 1995 status question altogether and said she followed the law since 1996]

None of which even touches on the legallity of her entrance into the US. Regardless of when she came, she would not have been allowed entrance without a visa. So, she entered legally.

[That would be working while on a tourist visa and lying on her green-card application about that as well as having a university degree]

SO, she broke the law while legally in the US.

Fair enough. Now, until somebody can provide a court order calling for her deportation, she would be just another person legally in the US that has broken a US law.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I respectfully disagree with you..Trumps message is " Make America Great Again" In order to that we must take care of our citizens first! To do that there has got to be regulations , laws, etc on how one becomes a citizen! Not just everybody and there brother freeloading off the US....

His greater message is GET THE TERRORISTS who want to kill Americans!!! If you don't know who is here how do you know the difference! When we are giving amnesty to countries that harbor and support terrorists, it seems to me to be pretty damn stupid to just let everyone nonchalantly walk on in!!! There has got to be a way to vet people that want the same rights as Americans BORN in this country!! If it is in place then someone MUST enforce it!!! Someone needs to be accountable for upholding the law!!!

In essence this is TRUMPS MESSAGE!!! Keep America SAFE by enforcing immigration laws and keeping terrorists, as much as possible OUT!!

What is so wrong and difficult with that??!! Please help me understand?

pax

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Skin color has nothing to do with it.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

In essence this is TRUMPS MESSAGE!!! Keep America SAFE by enforcing immigration laws and keeping terrorists, as much as possible OUT!!

Yet his wife appears to have not followed them

Another lie from Milania,

University degree. Lie
She wrote her speech. Lie
She didn't work on tourist visa. Lie

No please, go on.....

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

At least she did, illegals get jobs and still work and without a visa.

People that comes with visas to the US can change the status of their visas while here, the have many types of visas.

In the student category, is about 4 different types,

F Visa
M visa
J visa
Derivative visas

www.topuniversities.com...

In the non immigrant Tourist visas is about 40 different categories

in the immigrant category is about 14 different types

travel.state.gov...

In the working type visas is about 7 types for agricultural related and 4 for none agricultural related

So is plenty of visas to chose from

She could have gotten any of them

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You still can work on a tourist visa depending the status of the visa, once you are in the US and extend the visa Annee.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

[open question...she claims in interviews she came here first in 1996. The nude photo shoot in NYC and her roommate in NYC at the time put her here squarely in 1995. When questioned by Politico for the story, she ducked the 1995 status question altogether and said she followed the law since 1996]

Regardless of when she came, she would not have been allowed entrance without a visa. So, she entered legally.

That assumes a lot.

Passports are issued in country of origin.

Fake Passports in Europe are a huge trade right now, let alone when security features were near non-existent back in 1995.
Ditto for Visa's to travel to the USA in 1995.

Buying fake travel docs in Slovenia in 1995 was likely easy if not common.

If she entered legally in 1995, why has still not acknowledged being here in 1995?, even when questioned about this article? ..despite evidence from Pics to her roommate at the time putting her in NYC 1995?

Simply asking about how she first entered the country? She still hasn't answered that question...She hasn't even admitted it was 1995 when she first entered.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: LSU0408

So she gets the same treatment anyone else gets that came here 21 years ago and is here legally now. Trust me, it's not an issue.

HYPOCRISY:

1. the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do

2. behavior that does not agree with what someone claims to believe or feel

She's legal. His policies deal only with illegals. Not illegals that came here 21 years ago and are legal now. Same goes for Mexicans. That's not hypocrisy lol.

If she came here illegally you would be the hypocrite. But yea trump is da best

She didn't come here illegally. If you don't have a passport or meet certain government requirements, you can't fly to America. I would only be a hypocrite if I was wanting to deport people that came here illegally but are now legal.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You still can work on a tourist visa depending the status of the visa, once you are in the US and extend the visa Annee.

No...NOT AT ALL..

www.immihelp.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

At least she did, illegals get jobs and still work and without a visa.

Maybe. There seems to be questions if she had a Visa at all. She also lied on her paperwork for a green card.

People that comes with visas to the US can change the status of their visas while here, the have many types of visas.

Yes, my ex married a woman from Mexico, in Mexico. Friendly divorce. He texted me the process and all the different ways he could go about getting her here LEGALLY. It took more then a year doing everything the right legal way.

But, it sure was an education

I am not against anyone trying to have a better life. I lived on the AZ/MEX border.

TRUMPS HYPOCRISY - - - is the only thing I consider an issue.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
Look Anniee, I could give to spits about who you support!! But do yourself a favor and study the history of the Clinton's!! This woman is evil with a very nasty plan for Americans!! Don't blow off the truth when it is staring you in the face!!

The articles and links and facts exist throughout the boards on ATS! You just have to have the balls to read them! If you do not believe what you read then dissect until you find the truth!! But don't just support someone or something because of party lines or sex!!

I've read Annee's posts, I'm pretty sure she has researched Hillary. You tell her to go research and read up on facts but all indications are she has already done that. Why do you think there is only one possible conclusion to reach after reading up on the issue?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Back then was more difficult to get a password than now when you can get one in the interned for 99 dollars and ready in 24 hours.

www.rushmypassport.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Blah Blah Blah Blah

Trump is evil because he assists illegals in coming to this country by nefarious means to assist him in his nefarious deeds.

Trump is a hypocrite because he is against immigration.

According to some people, evidently Trump has some sort of indepth personal knowledge on human smuggling and is able to get illegals here with ease by exploiting loopholes in the laws.

Which also happens to make him sound like the most knowledgeable person on how to close some immigrant law loopholes by default.

SSDD... same crap, different day. both ways.
edit on R192016-08-04T15:19:45-05:00k198Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

For an illegal immigrant that already have children born in the US and has been here for 5 years, it takes not time if they have the money to pay the lawyer fee.

Now, they do have marriage visa when somebody marry somebody from another country.

Visas are not that difficult to get, is the fees what many people can not afford if they are poor like illegals coming across the border.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

For an illegal immigrant that already have children born in the US and has been here for 5 years, it takes not time if they have the money to pay the lawyer fee.

This is only about Melania.

Did she work illegally?

It appears she did. Unless she can provide legal paperwork.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Can I Work on a Tourist Visa? What If I Overstay?

If you've entered the U.S. on a tourist (B-1, B-2) visa, you may be able to apply for a work visa, but you'll need to maintain lawful status while waiting.

As long as you change the status of the visa once in the US yes you can, Indigo, now if she did or not I can not tell you.

www.alllaw.com...

edit on 4-8-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

That assumes a lot.

Not really.

Passports are issued in country of origin.

Yup, which nobody has questioned. She was born in Slovenia.

Fake Passports in Europe are a huge trade right now, let alone when security features were near non-existent back in 1995.
Ditto for Visa's to travel to the USA in 1995.

Buying fake travel docs in Slovenia in 1995 was likely easy if not common.

And you have some evidence of her garnering entrance on fraudulent documents?

In 1995, she was already a well experienced model, working in Paris. I doubt she needed fraudulent documents to travel anywhere in the western world.

I also highly doubt that she ever took care of her own travel arrangements.

If she entered legally in 1995, why has still not acknowledged being here in 1995?, even when questioned about this article? ..despite evidence from Pics to her roommate at the time putting her in NYC 1995?

Most likely? Because she did something that was par for the course, in the modelling world, and didn't even realize it would bite her in the ass until her husband started running for presidency.

Simply asking about how she first entered the country? She still hasn't answered that question...She hasn't even admitted it was 1995 when she first entered.

Nor does she have to unless instructed to by a valid US court. I don't even think a LEO would have the authority, at this point.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Can I Work on a Tourist Visa? What If I Overstay?

Have Melania provide her documents.

Simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join