It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Censors the Right Again: Milo Permanently Banned

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You have a point, but the problem is that the door should swing both ways which clearly isn't the case.

#hypocrisy

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

You have a point, but the problem is that the door should swing both ways which clearly isn't the case.

#hypocrisy

You only want to see it one way.

Again, "One Flag" vs a consistent multitude of "flags".

Consistent multitude of "flags" points a direct arrow at the instigator.

No matter who he gets to do his "dirty work" - - it all points back to Milo.

Milo is responsible for his actions. No one else.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

The examples you provided are of services provided to the general public and laws exist to curb discriminatory practices.

The free speech aspect, we went over yesterday.

Twitter is a service provided to the general public too, but I think I get your point...
the difference is a law vs a constitutional amendment, right?

Twitter is a private entity that offers a service to the public as long as you abide by terms and conditions. Much like ATS. They can pull your account at any time for any reason in regards to "speech".

A barber, restaurant and such can also have you removed from their property if they do not like your "speech", but they cannot on the basis of sex, age, race, etc, which were part of your example.
edit on 21-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Are we playing pass the trash again? Because apparently everyone is responsible for what anonymous trolls say on twitter.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Someone using logic concerning this liberal witch hunt.

Excellent video, explains things perfectly. Not even progressives and other extremists could disagree, but their training will not allow them to admit it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Not even progressives and other extremists could disagree, but their training will not allow them to admit it.

Its always "nice" when someone thinks they can think for other people.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The examples you provided are of services provided to the general public and laws exist to curb discriminatory practices.

The free speech aspect, we went over yesterday.

Twitter is a service provided to the general public too, but I think I get your point...
the difference is a law vs a constitutional amendment, right?

Twitter is a private entity that offers a service to the public as long as you abide by terms and conditions. Much like ATS. They can pull your account at any time for any reason in regards to "speech".

A barber, restaurant and such can also have you removed from their property if they do not like your "speech", but they cannot on the basis of sex, age, race, etc, which were part of your example.

I get that. I still find it odd why race, sex, religion is protected but speech is not.
Personally I find it more of an issue to suppress speech than to protect against racism, but 'them's the laws' I guess.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Not even progressives and other extremists could disagree, but their training will not allow them to admit it.

It's a service I offer as clearly progressives can't think for themselves

:

edit on 21/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Video from a conservative writer in Canada.

No bias there.

Again - - - Milo was not banned from just this exchange.

He is an instigator.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Love your smile.

Let's have a beer

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Love your smile.

Let's have a beer

I added another and a stick out tongue just to make SURE you knew i was joking lol

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Speech is protected. The government cannot control your speech and you can speak freely all you want, until you step on the rights of others. In this case, private property rights.

In the case of businesses, you still have private property rights and can toss someone if their speech poses an issue, but since you offer a service or goods to the public, you cannot discriminate based on sex, race, etc.

It's very simple.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Love your smile.

Let's have a beer

I added another and a stick out tongue just to make SURE you knew i was joking lol

Ahhhhh, I know

We've had our rounds. That's what forums are for. Don't need to always agree.

In my experience I've found Conservatives to be followers, and Progressives to be the thinkers.

edit on 21-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Twitter's CEO @Jack has no problem with ISIS recruiting on his platform, instead focusing his attention on banning gay conservatives because of anonymous internet trolls.

edit on 21-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This will make Milo more popular than ever before. Why does the left keep shooting themselves in the foot?

Milo's Revenge: Yiannopoulos "In Talks" for Reality TV, Movie After Twitter Ban

edit on 21-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I get that. I still find it odd why race, sex, religion is protected but speech is not.
Personally I find it more of an issue to suppress speech than to protect against racism, but 'them's the laws' I guess.

Agreed, but it's not only odd, it is also stupid and dangerous.

There are folks of a double-standard who hold speech to be free only when it comes to the government, but never to anyone else, including themselves. Of course, the reasons why a government should not engage in censorship applies to every human (human rights usually do), but I doubt very few but the government and free speech advocates know those reasons.

Yes, it is twitter's choice, but that choice is wrong, unethical and immoral, for the exact same reasons that freedom of expression is a human right.

edit on 21-7-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

This will make Milo more popular than ever before. Why does the left keep shooting themselves in the foot?

Milo's Revenge: Yiannopoulos "In Talks" for Reality TV, Movie After Twitter Ban

Great news

I've been looking to see if he has any radio shows or paid content as his ban has made me far more interested in what he has to say.
edit on 21/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Twitter's CEO @Jack has no problem with ISIS recruiting on his platform, instead focusing his attention on banning gay conservatives because of anonymous internet trolls.

Oh, come on.

He did not ban Milo because he's a gay conservative.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Love your smile.

Let's have a beer

Ahhhhh, I know

We've had our rounds. That's what forums are for. Don't need to always agree.

In my experience I've found Conservatives to be followers, and Progressives to be the thinkers.

Lol, I don't disagree as a generalisation on the last point... conservatives act like sheep (but seems to be changing). As for progressives thinking, well yes they do. The problem with the world is WHAT they think about. haha.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Makes complete sense since this billionaire Saudi Prince is now Twitter's second largest shareholder

And we all know how Saudi Arabia deals with gays. Hint: They cut off their heads.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join