It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond Reynolds raising money after Philandro Castiles death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I said it was what I understood. That does not mean I am not wrong.

Easy to judge when it's not you.

I am not judging. relax.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: onequestion

I would have tried to stop the bleeding.

When the police officer with a gun pointed in her general direction and who just shot her boyfriend tells her not to touch him?
yes. Just dont reach for the gun on his lap

Just don't reach for what gun in his lap, are you freaking kidding me right now?? that jumpy ass mfkr just blow away her boy friend after supposedly giving him confusing instruction to get is registration, you would trust him with the gun still pointing in your direction to be calm and not blow your ass away after he instructed you not to touch the driver..c'mon man you ppl are reaching.smh
edit on 11-7-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

She kept her cool in order to document that horrible thing properly.

I have a grip.

I've been robbed at gun point before and my girlfriend was standing next to me.

Recording a video and livestreaming it on Facebook was literally the furthest thing from my mind.

Staying calm after someone gets shot right next to you and then suddenly bursting into tears?

No. Sometimes a spade is a spade.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I am not judging. relax.

Sorry, that part wasn't aimed at you. I just included my frustration with the OP's attitude in my reply to you.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Spider879

Are we supposed to believe everything you heard someone say on TV?

I heard the cops say they were making a traffic stop on a robbery suspect. I heard his girlfriend say he told the officer he had a gun (which was apparently in his lap ... the frikkin' brilliance) and then (like almost immediately) began reaching for 'something'.

"Hey Coppah ... You dirty rat ... I've got a gun ... Wanna see it?"

No. There's something wrong with 'the story'. Think of what was going on. And this sociopathic beezatcher is manufacturing soundbites for a youtube video in mere seconds.

Still waiting for someone to say that his CCW was formally issued somewhere within the state of MN. Can you help me out there ... cause it's nowhere to be found on the Internetz?

Yes, the officers appear to have stopped him with the reasoning that he looked like a robbery suspect. That doesn't mean they told Castile and Reynolds that, now does it?

It was on his lap? According to...?

She alleged the officer asked him for license and registration, which being in his wallet, was apparently in his back pocket.

There's a lot wrong with the story, but your focus is on the wrong side. Did you know people react differently to stimulus? Fight or flight? Any bells?

Being that CCW in MN is private by law, good luck.

link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: introvert

I am not judging. relax.

Sorry, that part wasn't aimed at you. I just included my frustration with the OP's attitude in my reply to you.

I share in a bit of that frustration.

link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I have a grip.

Recording a video and livestreaming it on Facebook was literally the furthest thing from my mind.

Staying calm after someone gets shot right next to you and then suddenly bursting into tears?

Not every person acts the same way. It appears, in the beginning, he was shot in the arm. He bleeds out quickly. There would have been no help in trying to stop the bleeding. The cop is standing right there, and I can see the cop is freaking out, but he does nothing but stand there with his gun up.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

A few errors with your post:
-He does have a criminal record with over 30 convicted traffic violations.
-No absolute proof of his conceal permit.
-The recording started after he was shot, not much context to go off of.
-The officer was not white.
-More whites are killed by cops than blacks.

Oh so basically he double parked a lot.
I didn't say the cop was white.
But nice to see you guys digging for gold here continue.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Greven

Did I say that? Anywhere?

It certainly was reason enough to pull him over.

Traffic violations are technically part of one's criminal record if you want to be pedantic.

It doesn't mean you won't be laughed out of court for bringing them up as evidence of something actually, y'know, criminal.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

A few errors with your post:
-He does have a criminal record with over 30 convicted traffic violations.
-No absolute proof of his conceal permit.
-The recording started after he was shot, not much context to go off of.
-The officer was not white.
-More whites are killed by cops than blacks.

I have seen this trying to characterize the victim as a thug before....it's still surprising and disgusting no matter how many times it is done.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879 Come on. Be real. wake up already. When do cops ask the passenger for a registration and liscence. Come on man. Get real. You see the gun in the pictures. A concealed carry requires that you carry it concealed and not exposed on your lap.
Here lets expand: I was carrying. A ranger came into my camp. I was nervous and didnt announce that I had a 357 on my hip. I sat in a way that I thought that he wouldnt see it. I didnt want a confrontation, even though aI knew the law was on my side. He all of a sudden said, Its ok for you to carry a side arm, just dont conceal it." I asked how he knew I was carrying, and he said' I can see the butt sticking out"
the one in the middle

edit on 11-7-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I have a grip.

What would you do differently?

Here's a damn clue: people might react differently than you.

She had the option to capture this video, something that most people do not. It could still have been risky on her part, you know cops don't like being recorded and this one just shot her boyfriend for allegedly trying to follow instructions.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Just don't reach for what gun in his lap, are you freaking kidding me right now??

You mean "this gun in his lap?"

And ... I wonder what this one was about?

He doesn't look all that friendly in orange, does he?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: Spider879 Come on. Be real. wake up already. When do cops ask the passenger for a registration and liscence. Come on man. Get real. You see the gun in the pictures. A concealed carry requires that you carry it concealed and not exposed on your lap.
Here lets expand: I was carrying. A ranger came into my camp. I was nervous and didnt announce that I had a 357 on my hip. I sat in a way that I thought that he wouldnt see it. I didnt want a confrontation, even though aI knew the law was on my side. He all of a sudden said, Its ok for you to carry a side arm, just dont conceal it." I asked how he knew I was carrying, and he said' I can see the butt sticking out"

What are you talking about?

CASTILE WAS THE DRIVER.

Learn something about the damn case before you comment - Facebook's livestream app mirrored the footage

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Her behavior was odd. Although I think if I was near someone that just shot my boyfriend because he seemed threatening, I would try to be the LEAST threatening possible so I wouldn't get shot too. I would try to be as calm as possible. She had her kid in the backseat too.

However, she said in an interview that she filmed it because she wanted it to go viral. Here.

SIDE NOTE: Am I crazy or is the driving wheel on the wrong side? What kind of car is that?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Spider879

Just don't reach for what gun in his lap, are you freaking kidding me right now??

You mean "this gun in his lap?"

And ... I wonder what this one was about?

He doesn't look all that friendly in orange, does he?

# yeah a blurry photo showing something black and "arrest information" that says a 32 yr old man (2016) was 28 at the end of 2011.

Where's that one from?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I'm looking beyond the veil of appearance.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: primespickle

SIDE NOTE: Am I crazy or is the driving wheel on the wrong side? What kind of car is that?

The image was literally mirrored.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
Learn something about the damn case before you comment

I suggest you start taking a look at the full spectrum of reporting on this event. You've fallen into the trap of looking at only what you want to believe yourself.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Oh well. If people want to give their money to some ghetto fabulous hood rat, that's their business.

I just hope the Social Security Administration takes that into account when she applies for benefits.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join