It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond Reynolds raising money after Philandro Castiles death

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Greven

Or was it a tail light?

Again, from the scanner traffic, he was pulled over because he was alleged to look like an armed robber.

Any member or reader of this site is well aware of that fact. Some just keep repeating the same BS over and over again because they are paid shills and its an effective strategy.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Let me start by saying I totally understand the family wanting to raise money for this however I find some of this repulsive.

Source

Some may not know her name directly, but chances are most people know of the awful situation she lived through earlier this week. Diamond "Lavish" Reynolds streamed a live video to Facebook on Wednesday

Lavish?????????

Do you see her reaction?

The police officer was in more distress it's almost like she didn't even notice what was going on.

She was way more interested in streaming on Facebook and doing what looks like an interview.

Holy crap.

This is disgusting people.

We have big problems in this country.

Yeah, problems like you seeing what you want to see. It's a psychological thing, I know, but you could show some restraint.

There are other explanations:

While she maintains that Castile informed Yanez of the fact that he was armed and licensed to carry a concealed weapon, Reynold’s said that the gun her boyfriend carried with him “everywhere” was “not visible to anyone” at the time of the shooting.

“It was concealed and the officer took matters into his own hands,” Reynolds said.

It’s exactly this kind of dispute over the details of what happened that Reynolds said motivated her to use the last 10 percent of battery life left on her phone and start livestreaming from the passenger seat, despite being terrified that Yanez might shoot her next.

“I knew with this police officer it was going to be his word against my word,” she said. “Had I not started livestreaming that video, who is to say I wouldn’t have been executed the way my boyfriend was?”

Rogers further suggested that if Reynolds had chosen to simply record a video of the incident rather than stream it directly to Facebook, Castile’s death might never have even made the news, as Reynolds’ phone was eventually confiscated by the police.

So, there you go, her own reasons for videoing.

Oh, and the whole police frequently being accused of grabbing cell phones and erasing the footage, which was negated by the fact that she livestreamed it.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Or was it a tail light?

Again, from the scanner traffic, he was pulled over because he was alleged to look like an armed robber.

Any member or reader of this site is well aware of that fact. Some just keep repeating the same BS over and over again because they are paid shills and its an effective strategy.

Are you saying the broken light story from Reynolds is BS?

Do cops always tell the truth?

I reckon they could have pulled them over for looking like suspects, but also may have told them that it was for a broken light.

A casual encounter on the civilian side, a dangerous encounter on the law enforcement side, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven Looks like he is on the right side of the car. Maybe its an old brittish car and Im mistaken. Why would he even have a liscence after all the infractions, or a concealed carry permit. Here in Cali, I would have to jump through hoops to have one and he wouldnt have a chance. I have a clean record, and no tickets either

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I'm waiting for time to tell me where that orange jumpsuit photo is from

Why don't you just accuse me of photoshopping that one up real quick just for ATS.

Like I told you before, if you're only looking at one aspect/side of the story, you're only gonna see facts that represent what YOU want to hear.

Do you know how many sides there are on a coin? nvm

Enlighten me as to this alleged other information.

Posting photos without sources (or even text links to them) is annoying.

Here's some other information for you:

"Saint Paul Public Schools and its staff grieve the tragic death of a former student and current employee, Philando Castile.

"He graduated from Central High School in 2001 and had worked for Saint Paul Public Schools (SPPS) since he was 19 years old, beginning in 2002, in the Nutrition Services Department.

"Mr. Castile was promoted to a supervisory position two years ago and was currently working in one of our schools during the summer term.

"Colleagues describe him as a team player who maintained great relationships with staff and students alike. He had a cheerful disposition and his colleagues enjoyed working with him. He was quick to greet former coworkers with a smile and hug.

"One coworker said, 'Kids loved him. He was smart, over-qualified. He was quiet, respectful, and kind. I knew him as warm and funny; he called me his 'wing man.' He wore a shirt and tie to his supervisor interview and said his goal was to one day 'sit on the other side of this table.'

Hardly sounds like a gang banger... hence, knowing where information like that comes from would be nice.

I am not accusing you of photoshop, but might your source have engaged in it?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: Greven Looks like he is on the right side of the car. Maybe its an old brittish car and Im mistaken. Why would he even have a liscence after all the infractions, or a concealed carry permit. Here in Cali, I would have to jump through hoops to have one and he wouldnt have a chance. I have a clean record, and no tickets either

It's neither, it's a video that was mirrored by Facebook's software. Look on this page for photos of the vehicle, but I would say not safe for work given it's the Daily Mail.
edit on 21Mon, 11 Jul 2016 21:51:54 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I don't see why we need courts.

Apparently we have enough judges, juries and executioners here.

If the cop is guilty, he should be punished.

If he isn't guilty, he shouldn't be.

But like so many other issues, truth and rational thought will probably take a back seat to sensationalism and emotions.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

In a situation where people are not normally shot and killed next to you on a daily basis is not only alarming, but if you had any kind of normal human reaction, you wouldn't be video recording and documenting your boyfriend dying in front of you!

There's a reason detectives will always analyze a person's reaction in crime cases. Human emotions are pretty consistent unless you're mentally ill.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The facts are that a man is dead.

His girlfriend is making money off of it.

No evidence has been released yet.

Did I miss anything?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The facts are that a man is dead.

His girlfriend is making money off of it.

No evidence has been released yet.

Did I miss anything?

You have not answered my question:

a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm not contributing because I'm not being emotional?

I'm not contributing because I'm trying to bring some rational thought into this?

Apologies for not wanting to try and convict the cop on an internet page.

Who's convicting anyone about anything?

Are you purposely not reading the thread and trolling?

edit on 22Mon, 11 Jul 2016 22:08:32 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Some may not know her name directly, but chances are most people know of the awful situation she lived through earlier this week. Diamond "Lavish" Reynolds streamed a live video to Facebook on Wednesday

Lavish?????

Ok I knew you were poking fun at her name to associate her with greed, but I looked it up, the Lavishes are Europeans based mostly in the north and Canada, and as far west as Hawaii, so Diamond may have one of their male members as an ancestor, they didn't seemed to been slave holders that passed their name to their slaves as their civil war records them as fighting for the North.
edit on 11-7-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Apologies.

I was under the impression that you and others thought the cop guilty and the dead man innocent.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Apologies.

I was under the impression that you and others thought the cop guilty and the dead man innocent.

I am surprised you came to that conclusion given that there has been a stream of posts condemning the dead man and his girlfriend.

I would say yours treads dangerously close to that, what with the money-making comment.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Or was it a tail light?

I reckon they could have pulled them over for looking like suspects, but also may have told them that it was for a broken light.

Well to be perfectly honest, I'm curious as to why he didn't conduct a felony stop if he thought this guy was an armed robbery suspect.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I cannot comment on the guilt or innocence of the police officer or the guilt or innocence of the dead man. The evidence has not been presented and it is still under investigation.

The only thing I can say for certain is that the girlfriend is making a lot of money from this.

That is the truth.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Or was it a tail light?

Well to be perfectly honest, I'm curious as to why he didn't conduct a felony stop if he thought this guy was an armed robbery suspect.

It's possible the officers did. We do not have the facts on that yet. What we have evidence of is the police scanner, plus the claim by the girlfriend.

My point is simply that they aren't mutually-exclusive claims based on what we currently know.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Or was it a tail light?

Apparently, he did.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join