It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond Reynolds raising money after Philandro Castiles death

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Whatever gets their name in the headlines.....

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Ok Serious here now:

A person will lay down their life to save someone they really love. They will always put them first. I think we all know that, but can we all admit it? Love conquers all. Love is fearless. Love is a mother bear protecting her cubs. We didnt see that here. We saw something else, didnt we

How is she supposed to "lay down their life" against a police officer?

I agree that she took the drama queen route, but how in the hell is she supposed to take the role of mother bear against the police officers?

Drama Queen route?? because she didn't immediately freaked out after all her initial reaction was he was shot in the arm, when he took his last breathe she knew then, it took sometime before it really sunk in what just happen..and btw when I first received news at the death of a family member there was that moment between disbelief and a now what attitude before extreme sadness over came me, knowing that Mom was gone and there is nothing I could do about it, but if someone had filmed at the time I received the news, I would have appeared calm for a moment.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think it is awful to demonize this woman.

So she had the mind to do many things in this horrible moment for her:

Save her own life AND her little child. Be vigilant enough to call for help, tape the scene to get justice, and remind the cop of the vicious and horrible act he did.

I wouldn’t judge this person

JUDGE NOT AND YOU WILL NOT BE JUDGED

I HOPE AND PRAY PEOPLE HERE NEVER HAVE TO EXPERIENCE THE HORROR THIS LADY WENT THROUGH

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: introvert

Ok Serious here now:

A person will lay down their life to save someone they really love. They will always put them first. I think we all know that, but can we all admit it? Love conquers all. Love is fearless. Love is a mother bear protecting her cubs. We didnt see that here. We saw something else, didnt we

How is she supposed to "lay down their life" against a police officer?

I agree that she took the drama queen route, but how in the hell is she supposed to take the role of mother bear against the police officers?

Drama Queen route?? because she didn't immediately freaked out after all her initial reaction was he was shot in the arm, when he took his last breathe she knew then, it took sometime before it really sunk in what just happen..and btw when I first received news at the death of a family member there was that moment between disbelief and a now what attitude before extreme sadness over came me, knowing that Mom was gone and there is nothing I could do about it, but if someone had filmed at the time I received the news, I would have appeared calm for a moment.

Yes, drama queen.

This women may have spread a lot of disinformation as she streamed the video on FB.

Context is key.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Oh my god we are doomed as a species, we are so greedy that as soon as we see someone try to profit from a tragedy we attack them.....way to further the divide....

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

The relevant part of his license ... will come from his local Sheriff's Dept.

However, the county people first believed to have issued Castile’s concealed carry permit did confirm their office did not issue his CCP:

And much to gun-grabbers chagrin, the NRA did issue a statement on Philando Castile, stating the reports ‘must be thoroughly investigated’ and that they would ‘have more to say once all the facts are known’. Source

We may not get to see that for a while. Until we do, what we have above is a demonstration of being ... let me give him the full benefit of the doubt ... less than properly licensed. If you move ... you're required to update you CCW within 30 days.

Do I need to notify the sheriff’s office when I move?
Yes, a permit holder is required to notify the issuing sheriff’s office within 30 days of a permanent address change. Failure to do so is a petty misdemeanor.

Source

If he was complying fully with the State requirements to Conceal and Carry ... his local Sheriff's office would NOT have said his license wasn't on file with their offices ... unless there was an administrative error (or they were blatantly lying).

Why are you alluding to this being a race-based issue with me?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: onequestion

I would have tried to stop the bleeding.

When the police officer with a gun pointed in her general direction and who just shot her boyfriend tells her not to touch him?
edit on 20Mon, 11 Jul 2016 20:19:46 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

When the police officer with a gun pointed in her general direction and who just shot her boyfriend tells her not to touch him?
yes. Just dont reach for the gun on his lap

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Honestly I think that jumping right into racism and everyone hates black people over any and every comment is going to be like the boy who cries wolf eventually.

But that's where we are heading with this, with all the unsaid bull sht , we came across a guy that was nothing like the interesting stereotypes a lot of ppl here love to fall back on, imagine that no criminal record..a licences gun carrier( hello NRA where are u??) so you guys looked around..ah the girl friend she is recording, giving a play by play because she knew a pay day was about to come through.
This has been done time and time again when the vic is dead and black..
edit on 11-7-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

A few errors with your post:
-He does have a criminal record with over 30 convicted traffic violations.
-No absolute proof of his conceal permit.
-The recording started after he was shot, not much context to go off of.
-The officer was not white.
-More whites are killed by cops than blacks.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

So you are suggesting disobeying the officer ?...

I ask because how many times do we have to see people getting shot by police for moving their hands in the general direction of where a firearm may possibly be ....

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

From what I understand, the girl was not in the car at the time of the shooting. She was removed before the incident took place. I cannot confirm that.

How do you understand that?

Officer who killed Minnesota man in front of woman and child identified

Minn. Man Fatally Shot By Police While Inside A Car With A Woman And Child

A Minnesota police officer fatally shot a man in a car with a woman and a child, an official said....

Police Officer Guns Down Black Driver In Front Of His Girlfriend And Her Child

n a graphic video broadcast live on Facebook after the shooting, Reynolds calmly explains that Castile was following the officers’ orders, as her boyfriend bleeds out in the passenger seat. Her 4-year-old daughter watches from the back seat as the shooting officer yells and keeps his gun pointed at the car.

Let's look at what happened. Philando Castile gets pulled over and an officer approaches his window and asks for ID. Castile, while reaching for it tells the officer he is carrying a weapon and gets shot.

When was the girl removed by officers? After the shooting. How long did it take for Diamond Reynolds to pull it together enough to calm down and allow the police to take her daughter? How long did it take Reynolds to decide to record the rest of the event. What kind of shock was she in, with her dead, so she thought, boyfriend right next to her and his killer pointing a gun at her and telling her to keep her hands in sight.

Easy to judge when it's not you.
edit on 11-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
If he was complying fully with the State requirements to Conceal and Carry ... his local Sheriff's office would NOT have said his license wasn't on file with their offices ... unless there was an administrative error (or they were blatantly lying).

Why are you alluding to this being a race-based issue with me?

That's not what they said, now was it?

I believe it was the following:

@cameron_dehart Mr. Castile never applied for a permit to carry with our office. Therefore we did not issue his permit.
— Ramsey Sheriff (MN) (@RamseySheriff) July 7, 2016

Note a few things here:
-Castile didn't apply with the Ramsey office
-They did not issue his permit

Unless elsewhere I missed they claim it isn't on file, because I haven't seen that. Seems like legalese to me. They're not saying it isn't on file here, they're saying they didn't issue his permit.

Interesting phrasing, too... they aren't saying there wasn't a permit but specifically say "issue his permit" - does that imply he did indeed have one?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

A few errors with your post:
-He does have a criminal record with over 30 convicted traffic violations

HAHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Yea the truth is the often the most hilarious!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Are we supposed to believe everything you heard someone say on TV?

I heard the cops say they were making a traffic stop on a robbery suspect. I heard his girlfriend say he told the officer he had a gun (which was apparently in his lap ... the frikkin' brilliance) and then (like almost immediately) began reaching for 'something'.

"Hey Coppah ... You dirty rat ... I've got a gun ... Wanna see it?"

No. There's something wrong with 'the story'. Think of what was going on. And this sociopathic beezatcher is manufacturing soundbites for a youtube video in mere seconds.

Still waiting for someone to say that his CCW was formally issued somewhere within the state of MN. Can you help me out there ... cause it's nowhere to be found on the Internetz?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Yea the truth is the often the most hilarious!

No, it's the depths that you're willing to sink to that is humorous.

HE DESERVED TO GET SHOT! LOOK AT ALL THE MINOR TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS!

My God...
edit on 20Mon, 11 Jul 2016 20:35:15 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Let me start by saying I totally understand the family wanting to raise money for this however I find some of this repulsive.

Source

Some may not know her name directly, but chances are most people know of the awful situation she lived through earlier this week. Diamond "Lavish" Reynolds streamed a live video to Facebook on Wednesday

Lavish?????????

Do you see her reaction?

The police officer was in more distress it's almost like she didn't even notice what was going on.

She was way more interested in streaming on Facebook and doing what looks like an interview.

Holy crap.

This is disgusting people.

We have big problems in this country.

She kept her cool in order to document that horrible thing properly. Philandro's parents were on CNN saying 'thank God' she was able to do that and keep her wits about her.

She was his significant other. Of course she can raise money.

It would be like going over to my dead mother's apartment that is in her name, that she paid for and kicking out her grieving fiance.

Really, get a grip.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So you are suggesting disobeying the officer ?...

I ask because how many times do we have to see people getting shot by police for moving their hands in the general direction of where a firearm may possibly be ....

I used to date a cop, and I can tell you that they are all scared for their lives. She sure as hell was. She slept with two guns under her pillow. I partyed with police, sherrif and district attornyes. They are just like all of us. For my girlfriend, it was just a good paying job, and nothing more. She made that clear to me from the start.

edit on 11-7-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Did I say that? Anywhere?

It certainly was reason enough to pull him over.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join