It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond Reynolds raising money after Philandro Castiles death

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Greven
Learn something about the damn case before you comment

I suggest you start taking a look at the full spectrum of reporting on this event. You've fallen into the trap of looking at only what you want to believe yourself.

Hi person who won't post links to where information is.

Do you think that makes you credible or are you just acting obstinate?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Castile had permit to carry

He has been stopped 50 times for minor traffic infractions, some that didn't even exist. That would be profiling, definitely. Reminds me of the fact that more instances of stop and frisk of black men occurred in NY city than black men live in the city.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I find her reaction to her boyfriend being killed right next to her completely outrageous. Any normal person would be hysterical trying to console their boyfriend! Instead she's video recording her boyfriend fighting for his life and than she says "the police killed her boyfriend" when he's still gasping for air! Really, how do you explain this kind of cold reaction to someone you care about? She's reporting the shooting as if her boyfriend was just punched instead of being shot!

Some people have tried to explain her calm reaction and video recording was due to her being in shock. If she was in shock, she would be unable to think and be totally incoherent. Any normal person with any kind of compassion would be hysterical even if it was just a stranger sitting beside them!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

..yea...he double parked....I guess you know nothing about what's going on. Just throwing your uneducated opinions out eh? When you inform yourself as to the topic of what your replying come on back.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Just don't reach for what gun in his lap, are you freaking kidding me right now??

You mean "this gun in his lap?"

And ... I wonder what this one was about?

He doesn't look all that friendly in orange, does he?

# yeah a blurry photo showing something black and "arrest information" that says a 32 yr old man (2016) was 28 at the end of 2011.

Where's that one from?

And unless other unknowns became known, that's the reason he died, because he was a scary looking Black guy with locs' then again he could have been a black guy with bald head or cornrows, a perm waddever... man these ppl are something else.
Btw while I never had a mug shot, my passport pics do me no justice.
edit on 11-7-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Greven

Did I say that? Anywhere?

It certainly was reason enough to pull him over.

Traffic violations are technically part of one's criminal record if you want to be pedantic.

My point. That's reason to pull him over. The rest is unclear to me, but I do await more info.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Easy there! I'm establishing a valid reason for WHY he was pulled over.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Any normal person with any kind of compassion would be hysterical even if it was just a stranger sitting beside them!

Right, because there's a normal way to act in a situation like this. GEEEZ, man, this isn't TV or a movie where the script has be prewritten and rehearsed. This is real life, and real life isn't normal.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Did I say that? Anywhere?

It certainly was reason enough to pull him over.

Traffic violations are technically part of one's criminal record if you want to be pedantic.

My point. That's reason to pull him over. The rest is unclear to me, but I do await more info.

Yet the current information is that he was pulled over because he allegedly looked like an armed robber.

How is prior traffic violations relevant?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Or was it a tail light?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Castile had permit to carry

He has been stopped 50 times for minor traffic infractions, some that didn't even exist. That would be profiling, definitely. Reminds me of the fact that more instances of stop and frisk of black men occurred in NY city than black men live in the city.

Although the names of gun permit holders are not public under state law, a source confirmed Castile was issued the permit when he lived in Robbinsdale.

That would fall under the category of Hearsay. LOL

The guy is dead. His privacy no longer matters. Either he had a permit and the police are withholding ... or he didn't. Why hasn't ANYONE taken his CCW permit and made a copy available on-line. I'm willing to BET it's because he did NOT have a valid permit at all. That said ... I don't trust the cops to have not removed it from his wallet ... and there probably wouldn't be any copies accessible to anyone other than Castile himself.

Time's gonna tell on this one.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Oh well. If people want to give their money to some ghetto fabulous hood rat, that's their business.

I just hope the Social Security Administration takes that into account when she applies for benefits.

Ghetto fabulous hood rat , not a working class mom with a kid, and suspicion that she might be a welfare queen, wonderful..keep it coming make my opening post stronger.
Maan I have nuffin but lov for u guys.

edit on 11-7-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Or was it a tail light?

Again, from the scanner traffic, he was pulled over because he was alleged to look like an armed robber.

What they told Reynolds and Castile as to why they pulled them over doesn't necessarily have to be the same thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Time's gonna tell on this one.

I'm waiting for time to tell me where that orange jumpsuit photo is from, given the closest the man was ever charged with anything more than a driving infraction was two dismissed drug charges.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The guy is dead. His privacy no longer matters.

Really? Wow.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
So am I to take it that the officer has been proven guilty?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Many moons ago, my neighbor was shot while he was in his yard. I heard the shots, heard my neighbor's screams, and I went running... barefoot... over gravel... and never felt it. My neighbor was lying in a pool of blood, his leg looked like hamburger meat, his wife was hysterical and kept screaming that they were coming back, and the kids were in shock -- motionless, white as ghosts, and just staring at their dad. It was totally surreal to me, and it felt like I was literally thinking in slow motion. It was so bizarre. But I knew I had to be calm. And by the grace of God I was. I fell apart when it was all over -- after the family had been taken care of and the officer was interviewing me. She pointed out that my feet were bleeding, and I started laughing which turned into crying and that was it for me.

I expect this lady went through something similar. She had just seen her boyfriend shot by a trigger happy cop for allegedly "not complying," the cop is obviously stressed and scared as hell, her little girl is in the back seat -- someone had to be calm and in control, and it sure wasn't going to be the cop... or her dying boyfriend... or her baby girl... it had to be her. Survival instinct took over. And I thank God it did -- that she had the presence of mind and strength and inner resources to do what she did. I thank God we're not discussing the death of not just her boyfriend, but her death as well. I thank God that we're not discussing the death of that child. I am also very thankful that she was prepared and able to take that video, because that may be all that kept her alive... his fear of being busted in the act. And perhaps it will bring just a little bit of justice in a grossly unjust world.

And I am so thankful to read these many comments that would dare criticize her for complying with an officer's orders, even while condemning her boyfriend to execution by cop for not complying. I have no doubt that if she had not complied and been likewise shot, that her death would likewise be justified for... yeah... not complying. She's damned if she did and damned if she didn't.

Good to know.

But wow. Just freaking wow.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Non sequitur much?

link   

I'm waiting for time to tell me where that orange jumpsuit photo is from

Why don't you just accuse me of photoshopping that one up real quick just for ATS.

Like I told you before, if you're only looking at one aspect/side of the story, you're only gonna see facts that represent what YOU want to hear.

Do you know how many sides there are on a coin? nvm

edit on 1172016 by Snarl because: added the word 'many' into the last line.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Is there any doubt that he took a life and violated this man's inalienable right to life? No?

He's already guilty.

Fortunately, our justice system provides him the opportunity to present an affirmative defense to justify the death.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join