It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sin against the Holy Ghost?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

... and God looks on the heart.

This part is true..

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Wombocracy

But my reason for placing the Holy Spirit above the Father is more based on the Bible.

You are incorrect...

Said holy spirit isn't equal let alone greater then "The Father"...

Ever... anywhere...

period...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
I don't know... how many years does a masters in divinity take? Oh and what does it cost?

I can only tell you what it used to take, as regards London University.
I did "Bachelor of Divinity" as an external degree, working as a barman over the long weekends and making full use of my access to the Bodleian Library during the week. The process spread over four years (1980-84), including one for a qualifying examination.
When I did the MTh., the British government was still providing grants to graduate students. This took one year, with an extra year allowed for completing the dissertation.

As for becoming a master of divinity in God's eyes, the answer to both questions is that it takes a lifetime.
edit on 2-7-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Open to interpretation not at all, brother. In fact towards the end of the new testament it says "nothing should be added or changed.." Are you bein' cheeky?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

But my reason for placing the Holy Spirit above the Father is more based on the Bible.

You are incorrect...

Said holy spirit isn't equal let alone greater then "The Father"...

Ever... anywhere...

period...

I believe that he is the only entity who you can not be forgiven for blaspheming.

That makes the Holy Spirit greater than God the Father. Jesus holds the Holy Spirit in a higher esteem by saying that. I agree with him.

Show me how that DOESN'T make the Holy Spirit greater.

Anywhere. Everywhere . Period. (Not to be a *ick but...)

Other than that I appreciate the conversation.

And your compliment.
edit on 2-7-2016 by Wombocracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

Open to interpretation not at all, brother. In fact towards the end of the new testament it says "nothing should be added or changed.." Are you bein' cheeky?

I don't think we are on the same page. Possibly not even the same book.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wombocracy

Probs not, if you're reading pistis Sophia into the bible and talking about the zohar.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

I don't know... how many years does a masters in divinity take? Oh and what does it cost?

I can only tell you what it used to take, as regards London University.
I did "Bachelor of Divinity" as an external degree, working as a barman over the long weekends and making full use of my access to the Bodlean Library during the week. The process spread over four years (1980-84), including one for a qualifying examination.
When I did the MTh., the British government was still providing grants to graduate students. This took one year, with an extra year allowed for completing the dissertation.

As for becoming a master of divinity in God's eyes, the answer to both questions is that it takes a lifetime.

LMAO!!

Brother...

YOU are a Master already... and need no one to tell you so...

But get those papers...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wombocracy

Probs not, if you're reading pistis Sophia into the bible and talking about the zohar.

I'm a weird guy what can I say?

I am not a Bible only guy. I like rare books about Jesus and if the Jews can have a Zohar I can have my versions of it.

I can't say it is not worth it.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

That's cool. I wasn't arguing about whose version "of the zohar" is correct because I'm not a Jew. Just saying, tho. It's not the bible. The bible is the bible. I think you're being cheeky

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

I don't even have a clue what you mean by cheeky.

But I read the Bible. Great book. It is not history and if you saw my personal collection of Christian Apocrypha you would see that I take my spirituality very seriously.

I have my own Faith complete with ancient scriptures. The Bible is just the cornerstone of my beliefs.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

You're trollin dude. Fess up.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

I don't exist in your little world of trolls if that's what you think I am then ignore me.

Anyone who is not a fundamental Christian is a troll now? I am no more of a troll than I am a 747 and Chinese.

You are the troll for calling people trolls. That is the epitome of a troll. You would be the cause of thread derailment if I was stupid enough to play ball.

My first comment to my last has been a natural course of conversation and I have not bothered anyone.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
-
edit on 2-7-2016 by breakingbs because: welp back to square 1

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The 'wages' of sinning is an early or untimely death. Like the wages of a job, that kind of sinning requires work.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Added or changed? That has been done many times already.

I was talking about interpreting a different book, off topic so I will drop that.

But the Bible having multiple interpretations doesn't require a change of the words.

Just eyes to see and ears to hear.

Gifts of the Holy Spirit and the reason that blaspheming is so terrible.

The Holy Spirit is the source of all that is Good and True.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

spin spin spin.

We are to trust that we are doing all we can to be saved and live our lives that way.

What way?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

If fear confuses you then use the term reverence.

Thats not the same thing.

Fear of hell is the main stay of man made religion.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Remember God told Adam "the day you eat therof you shall surely die"? Did Adam physically die the day he at the forbidden fruit? No, he did not.

Thats the day he became mortal, subject to mortal death.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

I feel the sin lies not as much in the mistakes of someone's past, but rather an ongoing rejection of the spirit in the present...

More like a evaluation over a life time, all choices and acts added up. Whether or not we admit theres a spirit is less relevant than how we behave toward others, over our lifetime.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join