It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sin against the Holy Ghost?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

Is there a website or book or something that has the decoding of this for the masses, or must one join a secret society?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wombocracy

You are assuming that you know the story of the Pharisees as a whole sect.

You don't. They were not evil.

Actually I do, read Matthew chapter 23 they were condemned as a group by Jesus himself, doesn't mean some actual individual members didn't convert and were saved. Saul to Paul is the most well known example.

John 18:3 actually ties the Pharisees to Judas and Jesus arrest

So Judas brought the detachment of soldiers and officers of the chief priests and of the Pharisees and came there with torches and lamps and weapons.

And after his death they were still at it

Matthew 27:62&63

The next day, which was after the Preparation, the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered together before Pilate, 63 saying: “Sir, we recall what that impostor said while he was still alive, ‘After three days I am to be raised up.’

edit on 2-7-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Wow, there are some crazy people out there who still believe in this god crap..

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Buzzlighthead
Wow, there are some crazy people out there who still believe in this god crap..

What we're you planning on finding when you clicked the Religion, Faith, and Theology forum?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wombocracy

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: NOTurTypical

So nobody since is allowed to see god because this one guy ate some forbidden fruit?

You can try to convince me of the veracity of that, but to me that part is misinterpreted, too.

What did Jesus say?

How many people had ever seen Father?

Jacob touched God, not only that he prevailed over him in a wrestling match.

Pillar of smoke or fire, that was God too.

Moses. Spoke with God, to his back but he saw him.

No, they all saw a pre-incarnate Son of God. Jesus only said no man had seen the Father at any time, He never said no man had ever seen God at any time.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

I have a good version of Sepher Raziel. Awesome esoteric book, Raziel is the angel of the secrets of God.

Highly recommend it.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
“If we sin deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth”

That pretty much sums it up. The ultimate sin is indeed the betrayal of the Holy Spirit and this can come in two forms: in spite that one knows of its divine miracles and blessings, they either denounce it outright or perpetually sin without repentance. Which leads to this...

“Such people are knowingly turning away from God, and not even intending to return”

If somebody is cunning enough to subjugate or impoverish an innocent and without any care for their suffering, then they ought also be able to understand the definitions of sin and repentance. For if one neither cares to know God and nor would they care if a sin is forgiveable or not, then they are probably well on the way to damnation.

a reply to: Wombocracy

I think it might come from Hebrew for “spirit, “ghost”, “soul” and “wind”, which are all the exact same word. As it happens, the Native American concept for the Holy Spirit is essentially “The Great Wind”. In any case, intention is what really counts.

a reply to: chr0naut

It depends on the context. Sometimes people say God’s name in vain in a moment of distress, as if it is more of a call to God is anything. Say for example somebody breaks a bone and they shriek with curse words, the name of God and Jesus Christ all in the same breath - that is completely different.

Let’s just say that if somebody doesn’t believe in God or Jesus but they swear rather a lot whilst taking their names in vain at the same time. If that’s how they roll then I really do have sincere doubts that they have any care or understanding of the Holy Spirit either.

As for this talk about the Holy Spirit being above God, that is blaspheming! The Holy Spirit is every one of us and it is the Earth itself, but it is not the universe. God made the universe.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
How absurd people are mixing Gnostic heretical nonsense of the Kabbalah
with the Christian faith established by the Son of God.

To avoid the delusions of a horrible Anti-biblical religion of deceit I
recommend Michael Hoffman's expert scholarly research books
Judaism Discovered and Judaism Strange God's.
edit on 7/3/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

ללכת עם הרוח לא נגדה

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Beresh ith to Lekh Lekha is the only public domain available portion of Zohar and covers Genesis up to a point.

Zohar

Even though it is only a rather small portion of Genesis that is covered it is a long and insightful commentary from a Hebrew perspective that I go to often when discussing relevant topics.

You can get many insights that you would not unless you grew up in a Hebrew culture.

I

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Nobody could be saved, nobody is perfect. Even after conversion. Example, Peter received the Holy Ghost in John chapter 10, but denied Christ to 3 people the night of Jesus' arrest.
I have one problem with your explanation and that is that the HS (pentacost) had not yet been given .

Not true. Jesus gave the disciples the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in John chapter 10. What came at Pentecost was the baptism of fire, they were endued with power for their ministry. The baptism of fire is a secondary experience after water baptism. The apostles were refilled again in Acts 4.

I am genuinely shocked that you are so correct about the baptism of fire. I mean that as a compliment, I hardly ever agree with your comments but credit is due where it is. Is ATS making you smarter? That is a good thing.

What do you make of the forked tongues of fire?

A forked tongue or cloven tongue is a snake tongue. The symbols of Wisdom are combined in one, the serpent and fire, in the shape of a tongue. The tongue is that which must be mastered to be Holy and wise and can be deadly, as deadly as the serpent itself.

But the fire of Wisdom purifies the soul. The tongue of the pure and wise is the opposite of deadly.
edit on 3-7-2016 by Wombocracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Speaking of words that should be looked up (genius being from genii djinn is what I imagine you mean):

EL ect (El=God)

EL ite

Son/sun, coincidence? Not likely.

There is more. I have come to realize that the english language was designed with some occult (hidden) features. Look at the days of the week, the names we gave planets, etc.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft

Originally posted by Wombocracy
a reply to: Akragon

That was my quote why. But I will try harder.

Right in the beginning.

Chapter 6 the beginning of Truth (the Holy Spirit, Spirit of Truth) unto it's completion;..." For authority has been given me through the Ineffable and through the First Mystery of all mysteries to speak with you,...

Study it out.

You know it is a very open to interpretation book. But in my study of this book I have found that the First Mystery is the Holy Spirit and so is the last.

If you want me to dig in any further you got to give me some time. I spend an hour on one page trying to piece this, what I equate to the Christian Zohar, together sometimes. It is even more mysterious than the Zohar and I am determined to master it. Not there yet but I am making progress.

The Zohar expands on the allegorical and metaphorical interpretations of the five Books of Moses. And spiritually speaking they are both all tied together with the Kabbalistic Tree of life. I was looking into the Zohar about a year ago but got side tracked in my study…Some Jewish Sholar is still working on translating them all into English…it’s not complete yet, as far as I’m aware…

Originally posted by Wombocracy
Five helpers, three triple powers. I am not going to deny it is not easy to piece together the meaning. But I enjoy trying.

I believe the 5 helpers has a connection to the 5 trees in paradise, which is possibly the 5 senses, of sight and hearing etc…

The “Triple Powers” though is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Except IMO it’s just 2 forces put together (Father + Son)… This is why, as you rightly stated, that the “Holy Spirit “ is above the Father…this is true when He (The Father) is working along side the Son, as One…

You could say it’s a triple, but it depends on how you view it. For example, if you fuse 2 elements together, you could just say there are still just 2 elements present. But you could also say, that you’ve created a unique individual Third element out of the two.

Once you begin to understand what the Holy Spirit is, the Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit becomes self evident. Both understandings go hand and hand with each other…IMO

- JC

Good stuff. I never thought to ponder the Holy Spirit as a union of Father and Son but I will give it some thought for sure.

I tend to view the Holy Spirit as the Mother to the Son of God and Mother of humanity. Sophia's Spirit, though not Sophia in the spiritual physical sense but her Spirit in the projected sense. After the drama of the multiple repentance she goes through in the P.S. and a Spirit capable of no error.

The Spirit of Perfection. But I will give your interpretation some thought because I don't believe one has to rule out any others.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

wiki-Genius_(mythology)
In Roman religion, the genius (Latin: [ˈɡɛ.nɪ.ʊs]; plural geniī) is the individual instance of a general divine nature that is present in every individual person, place, or thing.[1] Much like a guardian angel, the genius would follow each man from the hour of his birth until the day he died.[2] For women it was the Juno spirit that would accompany each of them. The Greeks called their genii, daemons, and believed in them long before the Romans.

The Greek word daemon (English demon) is conceptually the same as the Latin genius, the Greek includes more meanings however.

I don't try to make an English Gematria, or assign value to coincidental spelling.

See also Numen

Numen, pl. numina, is a Latin term for "divinity", or a "divine presence", "divine will." The Latin authors defined it as follows.[1] Cicero writes of a "divine mind" (divina mens), a god "whose numen everything obeys," and a "divine power" (vim divinam) "which pervades the lives of men."

edit on 3-7-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Often a metaphor for the Holy Spirit is fire, or water, oil, wine, etc. And He does purify. Jesus said He will convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. There is a "strange fire" too, and there is a fake baptism of fire from the enemy. In Christianity it's a Kundalini spirit. It is a false baptism of fire, even comes with tongues too.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Often a metaphor for the Holy Spirit is fire, or water, oil, wine, etc. And He does purify. Jesus said He will convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. There is a "strange fire" too, and there is a fake baptism of fire from the enemy. In Christianity it's a Kundalini spirit. It is a false baptism of fire, even comes with tongues too.

No such thing exists as false baptism. If you are baptized it can't be fake.

Unless you have a clear quote from Jesus, you have invented something that is an insult to the rite of baptism by implying that it could associate with the word false.

Notice Jesus says to Ephesus, "Those who thought they were Apostles and are not..." instead of false Apostles?

Because that would be insulting to the word Apostle to associate it with the word false.

You can get baptized ritualistically with an impure heart and it would not be a baptism. But it wouldn't be false, it would just not be.

It would be something else entirely. A bath.

So there is no such thing as a false baptism.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

wiki-Genius_(mythology)
In Roman religion, the genius (Latin: [ˈɡɛ.nɪ.ʊs]; plural geniī) is the individual instance of a general divine nature that is present in every individual person, place, or thing.[1] Much like a guardian angel, the genius would follow each man from the hour of his birth until the day he died.[2] For women it was the Juno spirit that would accompany each of them. The Greeks called their genii, daemons, and believed in them long before the Romans.

The Greek word daemon (English demon) is conceptually the same as the Latin genius, the Greek includes more meanings however.

I don't try to make an English Gematria, or assign value to coincidental spelling.

See also Numen

Numen, pl. numina, is a Latin term for "divinity", or a "divine presence", "divine will." The Latin authors defined it as follows.[1] Cicero writes of a "divine mind" (divina mens), a god "whose numen everything obeys," and a "divine power" (vim divinam) "which pervades the lives of men."

Who said anything about coincidence? Such things are no coincidence.

Gematria is assigning numbers to Hebrew letters to give value to words and what not.

So how did you come to the idea of English Gematria in the first place? When did I talk about numbers?

And daemon is likely derived from Sanskrit and daeva, but to call them demons would be incorrect. Unless you were a Parsee (Zoroastrian) then the word means demon. Or it did a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I think you mean symbol, metaphor is a little different.

Oil is a symbol of anointment, wine a symbol of blood.

Kundalini is not false either.

Jesus "ascended" at the age of 33.

That is a metaphor. 33 is symbolic also of the point of enlightenment in kundalini.

Jesus had no issues with the Hindus. He apparently was aware of their teachings and taught them.

The third eye is taught in the gospel and in Hinduism.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Double.

But fake and baptism do not appear side by side in the Bible NoT.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: IllegalName
a reply to: MrBlaq

ללכת עם הרוח לא נגדה

But the road that leads to life is narrow...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join