It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sin against the Holy Ghost?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I got it from intuition.

God is above Jesus, knowing times that Jesus doesn't.

The Spirit has the lone honor of being unblasphemable. Blaspheme anyone else and you can be forgiven. Not the Holy Spirit.

It is the First and the Last Mystery.

Book of the Savior

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
quote]originally posted by: Wombocracy
a reply to: breakingbs

I'm not sure what you mean but if you are thinking Simon Magus blasphemed you are wrong.

He did incorrectly seek by paying but he did not accuse the Holy Spirit of Evil (blaspheme the Spirit).

He immediately sought repentance though.

He was a disciple, being with John. He is the only male disciple to witness the crucifixion so he didn't run away and actually carried Jesus' cross.

There is deep meaning to that, and deep meaning to Simon of Cyrene. He essentially took one for the team is how I would put it.

No never said that. Simon weakened the meaning of the acts by saying in essence "good show, good show." It's kind of worldly and an issue in itself but he did not blaspheme, this is true.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Wombocracy

Hey...

Wasn't Simon Magnus killed... from a fall i believe?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

That fails on one point, if he were a disciple of Christ from the crucifixion onward he would have been in the upper room at Pentecost and wouldn't be trying to buy the dunmis power of the Holy Spirit, he would already be baptised with Him.

Simon is a common name, Simon Magus was a sorcerer, Simon of Cyrene was a quiet follower of Yeshua. Two different men.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

By the way I quoted you, not sure why it doesn't show on the board.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

That is a story that tells a story with a message. There are about 6 different stories about Simon's death. But it's a good story.

Many times he is used as a pseudonym for Paul in those tales.

My favorite is the one where he switched bodies with Jesus and crucified in his place. Not the Muslim version the Gnostic version.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

No offense, but I don't think you can tell me anything about Simon that I don't know already.

He is a subject of great interest to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

It's cool I was able to see your message.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
I've read accounts of 1st and 2nd Century Rabbis casting out or exorcising demons. Here's something a Rabbi wrote...

Indeed, and in Acts ch19 there is the story of the seven sons of Sceva, which shows them doing the same thing and willling to learn new techniques.

"If I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your children cast them out? Therefore they will be your judges."
If the Rabbinic orders which existed at the time the gospel was written, are seen as the next step of, (children of) Pharisees, then I don't think they judged the Pharisees very harshly. I certainly don't think they were considered to have committed an unforgiveable sin by the Rabbis.

This is the supplementary argument that Jesus offers. "If your own children do it, it's absurd to criticise me for doing the same thing" The remark "They will be your judges" is really another way of saying "Their very existence has the effect of refuting and judging what you say about me".

And if a Pharisee or Rabbi who rejects Jesus as "Son of David" casts out demons, then what?

I don't know. I will leave that question in God's hands.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Simon of Cyrene is Simon Magus.

Anyone writing at that time knew that. If it was another Simon they would have gone out of their way to make that clear. Simon bar so and so.

If you know the world of scripture you know Simon of Cyrene is ALWAYS Simon Magus. No reason exists to think it was someone else.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
In John 14 it can be discerned that the Holy Spirit is both the Father and Son working in unison…IMO

My reading of John ch14 is that the Spirit is sent by the Father and Son working in unison. I accept the Trinitarian formula, that the Spirit is the third aspect of God.
Either way, of course, the Spirit is God present in person, which is the point.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wombocracy

I got it from intuition.

God is above Jesus, knowing times that Jesus doesn't.

The Spirit has the lone honor of being unblasphemable. Blaspheme anyone else and you can be forgiven. Not the Holy Spirit.

It is the First and the Last Mystery.

Book of the Savior

lol hold on... I've read Pistis Sophia...

You best bust out a quote where the "holy spirit" is Higher then the Father...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I would counsel you not to get wound up about anything Wombocracy might be saying.
That account is simply the latest incarnation of a familiar troll with multiple accounts;
www.youtube.com...
(Yes, buenos dias, Tommy)
Once we learn to recognise him, we disregard his contributions and treat them as having no value.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thats a little harsh...

This guy is pretty smart...

Just not ATS style... More like That other site... GLP?

edit on 2-7-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
Once in faith, other beliefs are disolved and not much can be explained logicaly to the faithless.

The duty of the faithful is to lay it out, anyway, and leave it to God to help others towards understanding.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Im starting to think you're actually in seminary my friend, are these threads your project? Just wondering...

I've been doing these threads since 2010. You think I've been in seminary all that time?
No, this project is one which God and I have cooked up between us. That is, he allows me to think that I'm deciding where to go next.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Well I did think something was up with the "intuition" quote.

edit on 2-7-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: Akragon
Im starting to think you're actually in seminary my friend, are these threads your project? Just wondering...

I've been doing these threads since 2010. You think I've been in seminary all that time?
No, this project is one which God and I have cooked up between us. That is, he allows me to think that I'm deciding where to go next.

I don't know... how many years does a masters in divinity take?

Oh and what does it cost?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: chr0naut

I do agree with you that taking the Lord'said name in vain has nothing to do with vocabulary, but it's about ambassadors hip, however that can't be the unpardonable sin.

Nobody could be saved, nobody is perfect. Even after conversion. Example, Peter received the Holy Ghost in John chapter 10, but denied Christ to 3 people the night of Jesus' arrest.

All the NT epistles exhorting believers to press on to maturity would be irrelevant. See? I think it's simple, seeing the Holy Spirit work and doing things only God can do and attributing it to demons.

But surely knowing that the gift is free, that the Spirit grants a power beyond anything and that there is love and acceptance in God and in fellowship, to remain in a position of apostasy requires a hardness and psychopathy that would never allow them to be repentant.

... and God looks on the heart.

edit on 2/7/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

That was my quote why. But I will try harder.

Right in the beginning.

Chapter 6 the beginning of Truth (the Holy Spirit, Spirit of Truth) unto it's completion;..." For authority has been given me through the Ineffable and through the First Mystery of all mysteries to speak with you,...

Study it out.

You know it is a very open to interpretation book. But in my study of this book I have found that the First Mystery is the Holy Spirit and so is the last.

If you want me to dig in any further you got to give me some time. I spend an hour on one page trying to piece this, what I equate to the Christian Zohar, together sometimes. It is even more mysterious than the Zohar and I am determined to master it. Not there yet but I am making progress.

Five helpers, three triple powers. I am not going to deny it is not easy to piece together the meaning. But I enjoy trying.

But my reason for placing the Holy Spirit above the Father is more based on the Bible. And the unpardonable sin, the actual impregnation of Mary was the Spirit not the Father.

Who else can you commit an unforgettable sin towards? Not the Father.

What more reason do I need?
edit on 2-7-2016 by Wombocracy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join