It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sin against the Holy Ghost?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: TzarChasm

so did you guys clear up exactly what it means to "blaspheme against the holy spirit"?

Yes, watching Jesus perform miracles that God does and attributing the miracles to Satan.

or vice versa. so if one were to say that the god of abraham is (or was) evil, would this equate to the same thing?

Jesus said He came in His Father's name. Yeshua means "YHWH Saves". (Yah is Salvation)

doesnt answer my question. lets put it another way: if one were to call the god of abraham the father of lies, would that be considered blaspheming against the holy spirit? or is that still a forgivable sin?

Oh, no it would not. In the gospels the unforgivable sin is defined, the Pharisees witnessed Jesus cast out demons which they knew was the power of God and they said it was done by Satan.

did they then give credit to the god of abraham for those demons existing to begin with?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Demons are the dead spirits of the Nephilim. The offspring of fallen angels who took woman brides in Genesis 6.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

originally posted by: Wombocracy

You are assuming that you know the story of the Pharisees as a whole sect.

You don't. They were not evil.

Actually I do, read Matthew chapter 23 they were condemned as a group by Jesus himself, doesn't mean some actual individual members didn't convert and were saved. Saul to Paul is the most well known example.

John 18:3 actually ties the Pharisees to Judas and Jesus arrest

So Judas brought the detachment of soldiers and officers of the chief priests and of the Pharisees and came there with torches and lamps and weapons.

And after his death they were still at it

Matthew 27:62&63

The next day, which was after the Preparation, the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered together before Pilate, 63 saying: “Sir, we recall what that impostor said while he was still alive, ‘After three days I am to be raised up.’

How is that the history of the Pharisees?

You said you know their whole history?

But nobody does. They were evil just because they stayed loyal to their religion?

Because the Romans and Sadducees killed Jesus?

You DEFINITELY don't know the history of the Pharisees (Rabbinical Judaism), and I don't even think the definition of the words "entire" and "history."

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I never could understand how some define the term
Holy Ghost as a 3rd person, when the term simply
means The Spirit of God.

My name is Juno, if someone addresses
me as the Spirit of Juno how does that
produce a new person?

The oldest and most reliable Bible manuscripts do not include
the words within the brackets in the below scripture and most
recognized Bible scholars do not recognize them as part of the
original text. For there are three that bear record [in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth], the spirit, and the water, and the blood; and these three agree in one." (1 John 5:7-8, KJV)

The Revised Standard Version states:

"And the Spirit is the witness, because the Spirit is the truth.
There are three witnesses, the Spirit, the water, and the
blood; and these three agree"

Another Bible verse states "Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son"

People are actively denying the Father and the Son when they ADD another person.

HOW COME THIS VERSE DOES NOT STATE "that denieth the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost?

HOW COME the Holy Ghost is not added?

Because the Holy Ghost is simply The Spirit of God, or The Spirit of the Father.

When Christ spoke of blaspheming the Holy Ghost he was referring
to people denigrating the work of the Spirit of God, which is the Spirit
of his Father.

I think the Trinity is a man-made concept. People will continue
to confuse God as three until they study this nonsense was started
via Catholicism.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Demons are the dead spirits of the Nephilim. The offspring of fallen angels who took woman brides in Genesis 6.

but everything, both good and evil, holy and unholy, is (hypothetically) all the creation of one entity. ALL of it. hence the father of all of existence is also the father of the father of lies, aka the grandfather of lies. apple doesnt fall far from the tree if you shake it hard enough.

is that considered blasphemy against the holy spirit? oops.

edit on 11-7-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This topic has come up before. I like this response:

"in order to commit this sin, a person must have a first-hand knowledge of "God the Father", and knowingly deny his glory.

knowledge of this kind is not merely a confirmation by the spirit, or an act of faith. but rather, a literal and direct knowledge. to my understanding, very few (if any) of god's mortal children are given this type of direct knowledge. thus, it is nearly impossible in this lifetime to commit this type of sin. "

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity
Thank you for adding that link.
That looks like a very good answer.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

No, God didn't create Nephilim. He didn't give them a redeemable spirit. They're the "seed of the serpent". God forms man in the womb, not offspring of fallen angels.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

No, God didn't create Nephilim. He didn't give them a redeemable spirit. They're the "seed of the serpent". God forms man in the womb, not offspring of fallen angels.

legend goes that god made something that made something else that turned into something else and spawned nephilim. follow that all back and you get to "god made" and there is the first mistake. god made something he should not have, but he wont admit it and insists its our fault. even though there is nothing we can do about it except wait for him to suck it up and fix his own mess, which wont happen because he is too busy blaming us.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

No, people are too busy trying to blame God for their own choices to rebel and sin. That's a failed game plan for judgment day.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

No, people are too busy trying to blame God for their own choices to rebel and sin. That's a failed game plan for judgment day.

I would let these people produce the ropes they will hang themselves with on judgement day and mush on. At some point, you have to shake the dust, the crud from your feet, and move on in life. Life is too short to be wasting time with those who have ears, yet will not hear you, who have eyes, yet cannot see. Part of salvation is personal responsibility, but if they will not acknowledge it, if they would rather blame God for there own actions, then you are preaching to nothing but a wall.

(Matthew 10:14) "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet."

edit on 15-7-2016 by Dcopymope because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2016 by Dcopymope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Dcopymope

I believe that, but not every person who reads these dialogues here in these threads posts something. There is a silent audience as well.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Forgive them Father for they know not what they do. (Luke 23:34)

We, humans, are idiots and I think God may have a clue about that.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

You're right, he knows this. That's why He sent His Son to redeem us, to reconcile us back to Himself. With love and joy unspeakable the Son put on flesh and died for us, and while we were still His enemies.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

No, many are called and few are chosen or in other words, few accept the call. The call is open to everyone, "whosoever will". See what Jesus said in John chapter 3.

How do you know if you've been taught of the Father?

The scripture below makes it plain that Chirst disciples are TAUGHT of God, if
any man or woman fails to understand the Father's purpose, it's ample witness
such a person has not been TAUGHT of God..It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all TAUGHT of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath LEARNED of the Father, cometh unto me. John 6:45

That being the case would he not have taught you that the use of graven images is forbidden?

Exod 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Unless you are taught of God, your understanding is but based upon teachings from men which espouse for doctrines the commandments of men, which always leads many to wrest the scriptures in confusion.

Many in Christiandom follow blatant idolatry and rebellion against God in using a cross.

edit on 7/26/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

A "pachel" in Hebrew that is translated as a "graven image", is a carved or cast idol. An example would be the golden calf at Mt. Sinai. Or statues to Mary, or of angels et cetra.

A cross is a reminder of the redemption brought at Calvary, I suppose it could be an idol for someone if they bowed to it in worship, used it to replace God, or prayed to it thinking it heard and answered prayers. But I've not seen anyone do such things.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join