It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media in full spin mode: "British regret voting BREXIT".

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It appears that ENOUGH people aren't happy....

Enough people in fact to get a possible NEW vote....

Rock, paper, scissors? If you don't LIKE the results....

You can play...AGAIN?!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have noticed a few of these videos and stories about people "accidentally" voting to exit the EU. It is strange how in less than 24 hours one finds people who are willing to say they had no idea what would occur as the anti-Brexit people inundated the British people with all sorts of predictions of gloom and doom if the vote was positive.

I suppose it is possible to find such people who really do regret a vote on any issue or candidate but when has the media made it such a priority to find such people and make it appear that most people just had no idea what or who they just voted on?

Media manipulation...that is all it is.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: gladtobehere

Paint anyone that promotes freedom in a negative light.

Easy-peasy for the leftists here and abroad.

Exceptionally well said!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight
really i kinda thought the brits had manurfacturing power, naval power and vast north sea oil reserves. what did some of the lesser eu countries bring to the plate let me see i think it was there hands out asking brits to spread the wealth.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Just think for a moment.....it could mean......
Re-opening of coal mines once we are no longer bound to import coal from Europe
Resurgence of British Steel
Maybe even re-opening of Leyland/Ford/Rover (we were after all the 2nd largest car manufacturer in the 1960's-70's)
Perhaps ship/boat building will recover with the prospect of less complicated fishing rights
Jobs for all nurses once qualified instead of importing them from Spain
Tourism gets a boost as more people holiday in the UK due to the euro conversion rate
More jobs in industry and manufacturing if we import less not hamstrung by quotas
Generally more jobs if foreign workers leave as many have said they will now (or if we adopt the rule of fill the jobs by a Brit first as many other countries do)

If its handled correctly sensibly and with foresight there's no reason why these things couldn't happen in time....just imagine...you never know!

edit on 26-6-2016 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This has been an eye opener for me, I always seen the left as peace loving, tree hugging hippies....now? I have seen more nastiness and hate come from that side than I have ever seen, even from the far right.

I have seen friends, close friends, whom I love and hold dear, call me racist, bigot, idiot, amongst others.

It's really heartbreaking.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Well, there's left and there's LEFT.
Like right and wrong RIGHT.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

To be honest, who knows if the people saying that they voted "leave in error" actually did so?

Anyway, on one side you have the pseudo intellectuals saying that uneducated people have voted to "leave" and only the educated were able to grasp the complexities and vote "remain". Now you have that potentially millions of otherwise considered thickies are in fact intelligent and have realised they put a cross in the wrong box. A sort of late-awakening intelligence.

This seems like an experiment in silliness.

People voted. A result has been reached. Live with it. It'll all turn out well in the end.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

The question is will they allow the UK to wallow long enough in a state of distortion before they offer them a thinly veiled deal to appease the SJW leftist.

No , they want us out before we can spread our infection of clarity to other EU countries , we will be beaten with sticks and made an example of to deter other countries who may see an open door and want to do the same as us.

You really think this is over? you have no idea.
this second referendum can be allowed by the house with no problems.
www.abc.net.au...
Brexit: Petition for second EU referendum attracts millions of signatures

implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60 per cent based [on] a turnout of less than 75 per cent, there should be another referendum".

If i were you i would strap my self in for a serious tsunami of bull# that is coming the UK's way.

Petition EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum

We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.
Sign this petition

2,941,120 signatures
petition.parliament.uk...
edit on 26-6-2016 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
What niggles my conspiracy brain is the possiblity that this was actually wanted and hoped for or even conspired for.

The Government give the people their referendum, they vote exit....this causes Juncker et al to reform the EU which is what Cameron had been asking for and had promised which Juncker had rejected....Government doesn't trigger Article 50 decide not to ratify the referendum and the EU get's a much needed overhaul and we are back in after a nice little show to push through the reforms

Winner
edit on 26-6-2016 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

It would be wonderful if that was true
We could stay in a fantastic economic trading area free of tariffs, but with the ability to make most of our own laws and get a grip on all this migration which seems to be what got people to vote us out of the EU.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey

I think the young have heard enough from the blue rinse brigade, who seem to dominate politics in the uk with their right wing reactionary views. Trying to drag youngsters back to " the good old days of war rations and a time that never existed, except for the tv shows your grand parents still watch

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

The experience of the blitz is not to be disregarded, I think.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01

originally posted by: gortex

The question is will they allow the UK to wallow long enough in a state of distortion before they offer them a thinly veiled deal to appease the SJW leftist.

No , they want us out before we can spread our infection of clarity to other EU countries , we will be beaten with sticks and made an example of to deter other countries who may see an open door and want to do the same as us.

this second referendum can be allowed by the house with no problems.
www.abc.net.au...
Brexit: Petition for second EU referendum attracts millions of signatures

implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60 per cent based [on] a turnout of less than 75 per cent, there should be another referendum".

If i were you i would strap my self in for a serious tsunami of bull# that is coming the UK's way.

Petition EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum

We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.
Sign this petition

2,941,120 signatures
petition.parliament.uk...

Dont forget the fact that this was also only an ADVISORY vote. Not a legally binding vote.

As there is absolutely nothing requiring the UK government to act on this they can completely ignore this vote if they want.

It would be quite hilarious.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: luciferslight
really i kinda thought the brits had manurfacturing power, naval power and vast north sea oil reserves. what did some of the lesser eu countries bring to the plate let me see i think it was there hands out asking brits to spread the wealth.

The UK did. But in the mid 1990's to early 2000's, there was an investor craze to buy up British manufacturing companies, asset strip their pension schemes, sell off the high tech manufacturing equipment to the Chinese, leave the retired workers with absolutely no private pensions, then accuse anyone who objected as living in the past and unwilling to accept the reality of Globalisation.
Country ended with a massive national debt as the Chinese kept buying out scrap metal and converting it into hardware that doesn't last two years and repeating the process.

North Sea oil is getting more expensive to extract as oil prices have fallen due to the various trade wars. There's currently a recession in that industry.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Something like 18.5% of 18-25 year old voted to leave according to a link from the telegraph or times on twitter (I think it was) .

Hardly a seismic event.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
From what I have seen and read of history, kings and queens are better at holding a nation to-gether than dictators and presidents, just look at the differences between each nation that has a king/queen, and those with dictators and presidents, such as south Africa and Venezuela, for instance, north Korea, USSR, (although it was just as bad under the tsars, I must admit. Argentina, stated a war with a kingdon to take the minds of the population off of its own wretched state.

I like watching the British 'trooping the colour' particularly like the comment of that American tourist stating that he thought it was great, and that they did not have anything like that in America, and there is some competition among foreign embassy staff for tickets in the stands.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

I love a parade. Who doesn't?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I find it funny that whenever a news story supports some people's point of view it is cited as a "Credible Source", but if it differs from their perspective it is "MSM Spin".

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I have no idea ? , we will see won't we.

We the undersigned call upon HM Government to move the goal post because we don't like the result of the democratic process.

Cameron accepted the result and resigned , he cant trigger a rerun and neither can his government which is some disarray.
The wheels are in motion , there will be a meeting of EU leaders to discuss the outcome of the UK Brexit referendum.

It isn't over but the result will stand , that's democracy like it or not.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join