It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media in full spin mode: "British regret voting BREXIT".

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Since Obama's approval rating is sky high right now I'd say no.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I am friends with someone who is a member of a political party and he shook his head when I told him the news. The pound drops to it's lowest value in 31 years in a matter of hours-that is no coincidence.

The rest of the world warned of the economical and financial ramifications but the voters didn't listen and now others will have to suffer.

Mondays ftse 100 was 6000 and change.
Fridays was 6200 ish.

Some crash.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

You are absolutely right that we have no unified bill of rights.

We have instead, many documents pertaining to and detailing our rights and freedoms. They amount to the exact same thing, and if you bother to read them all, you will find that they provide a stalwart aegis against the sort of injustice that you falsely claim we will have to face without EU legislation to protect us.

More to the point, those who voted to leave over the immigration issue may have been unwise, but there again, the immigration issue is hardly the prime reason to be concerned about the EU and what it means for our nation.

If you think we need better protection than we have from the combined might of the myriad documents which made us free before we illegally joined, then let's address that in parliament?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Get a spoon

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Regretted it until I saw a protester with a plaqaurd reading "I'm not British, I'm European!"

No more doubt in my mind.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

The Major Media tries to play the populations like a fiddle but many are catching on and doing the exact opposite of what they wish for. The same Media against democracy and the will of the people and in favor instead of the elites

“We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost 40 years......It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supernational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodetermination practiced in past centuries.”
― David Rockefeller

Translation: We elites should have total control and say over you and not allow you to have a voice

Brexit was Citizens giving the finger to the elites

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach
a reply to: gladtobehere

They are now asking for a 2nd referendum.
What a joke.
Take a look here.

A parliamentary petition calling for a second referendum has attracted more than half a million signatures, even as unprecedented demand temporarily crashed the website. On Friday a government website saw an “exceptionally high” number of visits as hundreds of thousands of signatures were added to a second referendum e-petition in the wake of Britain’s leave vote

Pure sour Grapes on behalf of those that lost.
Expect more fear mongering and i would expect everything to be blamed on the Brexit.
Great to see Cameron have his arse handed to him on a plate but he just come out and said he has resigned as he will have to do all the hard work just for someone else to step in......totally spineless gutless display,since when was the job about him and not in the benefit of the country?

How about the "Remain" crowd start having a pop at the 30% of the population who could not be bothered to get off their arses to vote, I voted out, for a reason. Nothing was going to STOP me from voting

Its probably the 30% who are whinging now ...... guess what? its a democracy, the MAJORITY won, deal with it ....... or get off your arse and vote next time

See you on the other side of this crazy YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAA decision

Woop

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: YarlanZey

Maybe this was deliberate to make us think they are lying and against it and do what they wanted and vote leave.

Bit like reverse psychology. Because we have been trained to "know" that MPs lie and experts can be bought, this is what might be assumed. Who would know for sure if they were actually telling the truth until after it happened?

I thought about that as well but it does not pass the litmus test of, do the Globalists benefit from Brexit?
I do not see how
edit on 25-6-2016 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

The reason you cannot see it, is because they cannot benefit in the least.

They will all have to negotiate separately now with us, and with Europe, which will make doing deals more difficult. The power of the EU state, and the markets which have grown up around it, will be diminished somewhat by the exit of Britain, and as it says in your own signature, this will prevent the powers which seek dominion over person and pocket alike, from being able to capture both with the same fist, in both places.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

The UK has been independent for 2,000 years without a problem. But now that they were part of the EU for 15 years, everything is going to collapse?

15 years? Well I'm 39 next month and the last EU Referendum vote was 2 years before I was born, 2 years after we joined the EU.

I also don't know anyone who voted to leave, I have 1580 or so people I actually know in my network across Britain.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

and i know 2 who voted to "Remain", this after the result. My social network was completely "Leave" with the exception of these two who never made a comment anyway.

Hard Cheese, LOL
edit on 2016-06-25T14:57:35-05:002016Sat, 25 Jun 2016 14:57:35 -0500bSaturday5706America/Chicago162 by corblimeyguvnor because: quoted Leave as well

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

Now that the UK can pass their own laws it's going to be easy to just say "let's allow anyone with an EU passport to work in the UK. Then a reciprocal deal could be made with the EU".

This is the part I don't get, not only have the UK always been able to make their own laws but they've been leading the way in a lot of respects in the EU, why don't people see that?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

and i know 2 who voted to "Remain", this after the result. My social network was completely "Leave" with the exception of these two who never made a comment anyway.

Hard Cheese, LOL

Wow, thank you for your well thought out and intelligent response, did you have to use both brain cells to string that together?

And what was the point in mangling my quote, are you drunk?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It's a sad state of affairs when you come onto a site like ATS and your comments are derided by neanderthals who's only purpose appears to be taunting people of a certain nationality, isn't that racist? I've seen a lot of my fellow Scots be called out by certain English members of these pages who contribute very little in the way of intelligent conversation and seem to repeat the same insults over and over.

I believe "troll" is the only appropriate label for these sad individuals, as.well.as racist...
edit on 25/6/16 by djz3ro because: Double post

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

This is the part I don't get, not only have the UK always been able to make their own laws but they've been leading the way in a lot of respects in the EU, why don't people see that?

Data please? since when has the UK Supreme Court won against the European Courts of Justice? since when has The European Court of Human Rights lost a case here in the UK ....... lets talk terrorism, Islamic ........... Yes, Islamic fundamentalists, who's family remain and cost the UK on a weekly basis. Why are they still here ......... because the boy was born in England does not cut it for me

That is not racist, purely common sense.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Well here's the thing djz3ro,

A person can only be held responsible for his or her own conduct. For my part, I love Scotland, and the Scots, regardless of how the majority of Scots voted this week. It's a beautiful place, the people are great, and that says nothing of the historic sites and respect for heritage that exists there.

I am British, and proud of it, and I love Scotland anyway. I find it troubling that so many comments have been negative toward Scotland, even given the fact that I was passionately against the break up of the U.K. that would have resulted from your last big vote going a different way. I want Westminster to treat the Scots with respect, understanding, and with honesty about how much your lot contribute to the whole, and therefore how much you should get out of it.

I want the whole of the people of these isles to stand as one before our government, and demand that ALL of us get a proper voice, that our will be manifest and the highest motivating factor when parliament considers matters. I want Scotland to not just feel, but BE front and centre of affairs in the UK. I want a better deal for all of us.

So let's make it happen!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
My thoughts.... Everyone should have known there would be a monetary price to pay in the immediate future, and it would take time to stabilize, but in the not to distant future, likely two or three years, they would be isolated from the failing EU, and have safeguarded their sovereignty. The British Pound regain it's strength and perhaps even prosper.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I want the whole of the people of these isles to stand as one before our government, and demand that ALL of us get a proper voice

No disrespect TrueBrit, i would love that to happen too, you really believe it will happen, i don't

CbG
edit on 2016-06-25T15:41:17-05:002016Sat, 25 Jun 2016 15:41:17 -0500bSaturday4106America/Chicago163 by corblimeyguvnor because: added Brit for clarification who it was directed at

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well, I see the petition for new a referendum is already well over the 2million mark..including my own mark I am glad to say, and I have no qualms about it.
It seems too that A leading 'leaver' Nigel Farage would have had no qualms about that either

UKIP leader Nigel Farage, who has campaigned for the UK to leave the EU throughout his political career, said in May that a narrow win for Remain could cause unstoppable demand for a rerun of the referendum.
Dammit, I think he even used almost the same figures in reverse for his reasoning.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Well, I see the petition for new a referendum is already well over the 2million mark..including my own mark I am glad to say, and I have no qualms about it.
It seems too that A leading 'leaver' Nigel Farage would have had no qualms about that either

UKIP leader Nigel Farage, who has campaigned for the UK to leave the EU throughout his political career, said in May that a narrow win for Remain could cause unstoppable demand for a rerun of the referendum.
Dammit, I think he even used almost the same figures in reverse for his reasoning.

You added to the petition? if so, sore looser

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join