It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media in full spin mode: "British regret voting BREXIT".

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I know that it won't, unless we decide that it will.

That which has not first been sown, cannot be reaped. Best get to tilling the land a little eh?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

edit on 25-6-2016 by Plotus because: changed mind

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Let me asking you a question... You only have two choices:

A: Remain
B: Exit

I will not tell you exactly what you are exiting if you choose B, nor what you are staying in if you choose A. I will not tell you what happens when you choose either one. You don't know anything about either choice, or what the choice really entails, but you have to choose one.

Which one do you choose?

-----

I think that is pretty much how a majority of Brits voted. I have this deep down feeling that the majority that voted to exit had no real idea what the heck they were even voting for. They probably saw some advertisements to choose between #remain or #exit, and like a common idiot they just selected whatever side made them "feel" right without knowing anything about their decision. By "feel" I don't mean they researched, understood the issue, and then decided what to choose. I mean simplistically, like a dumb monkey choosing between an apple and an orange, and picking whatever one just because one was their favorite color, and not because of the taste or smell.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
My American pal just sent me an email with this in.
"Well done to you all choosing dangerous freedom over comfortable slavery to Continental bureaucrats and bankers, the world has found a new respect for you guys right or wrong and I will be investing as an American in the UK in the near future".

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Your American pal is a fool. UK was never a slave of the EU. If it had been it would have been forced to use the euro, they would not have had representation in Brussels, nor would the PM been able to negotiate a new deal with the EU months before the referendum.

But good news leaving means they will more then likely have to still have to follow a lot of EU rules about immigration and free movement of people to stay in the EU trade market, while loosing the voice they had in Brussels.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

You added to the petition? if so, sore looser

Had it been a decent quorum for either side to do business, I would have needed to go along...but it wasn't.

Now you have a country split down the middle, which is not really an exaggeration.

The shallowness of no sovereignty in parliament, will soon be shown to be false, since it will take a house of commons vote to enact the referendum, and the house of commons is the only place that sovereignty can be enacted, that includes stuff like the human rights act which is principally an EU directive for instance.
However, the UK constitution is wholly uncodified, even if some parts are written down, that means then that no sovereign house of commons enactment, (like the human rights act) cannot be ever changed by a future parliament.

Come to think of it, the human rights act could be one of the first casualties through the house of commons because of this referendum result, if any parts of it are in conflict with any new legislation that might deal with immigration, something that some here would like to downplay as having had some significance reason for the referendum, ' leave' vote.
So much then for being a poor loser
In fact, where I live..a part of the world that voted to remain, I only need to drive a few miles to live in a EU country.

It's never so somple is it?
edit on 25-6-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

I will not tell you exactly what you are exiting if you choose B, nor what you are staying in if you choose A. I will not tell you what happens when you choose either one. You don't know anything about either choice, or what the choice really entails, but you have to choose one.

You accuse Joe Public of being dumb monkeys and then try to explain your point by using a simple argument that would only appeal to a child under ten years old (an argument that is not even valid).

I spent nearly 3 months researching whilst ignoring the rhetoric from both sides. I voted out based solely on the democratic argument. I believe, like many intelligent people, the EU to be illiberal.

Many of the dumb monkeys you talk about, in my neck of the woods, were astute enough to see through the peddled bs from the remain camp that anti-EU means anti-European so therefore Europhobic and racist. Our vote was against an undemocratic political union. It had absolutely nothing to do with Europeans.

It is obvious that you would not even be able to comprehend this because you are blinded by ignorance.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well if the elites don´t get there way and force England back into EU money trap...
They will crash the world economy they will fake alien invasions, start a nuclear war, create earthquakes in the sea making tsunamis everywhere.. nuke Yellowstone.. and blame the UK

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

That's sounds very plausible but I hope not. It's called having a tyrannical temper tantrum.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Comfortable serfdom is what the remainers want and they are angry at those of us who chose freedom and democratic accountability.

Some people work hard to improve their condition while others whine until someone does it for them.

It's time the workers got to run the world rather than those who bribe the shirkers.
edit on 30pSat, 25 Jun 2016 18:16:30 -050020162016-06-25T18:16:30-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I despise leftys and the BBC and all the MSN.

Disgusting behaviour.. just about inciting discontent
on the British news Media.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Quorum is not relevant to this referendum.

Now you have a country split down the middle

No, that would be 50:50. 52:48 is a majority or are you trying to invalidate 1269501 votes. Those votes are just as important as everyone else's.

human rights act which is principally an EU directive for instance.

You are wrong. The ECHR was drafted in 1950 and ratified in 1953 by the Council of Europe. It is an international treaty. The EEC was formed in 1957.

Leaving the EU has no automatic effect on this treaty.

edit on 25-6-2016 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
No matter how many sign a petition, the result of the referendum cannot be overturned, unless of course, you do away with democracy, and you do that at your peril, because without all of us abiding by the democratic process, the only other way by which decisions gain a result is through civil war. I for one will never accept the EU.

It is no coincidence that those who want to be part of an undemocratic institution want to overturn a democratic result. The arrogance and conceit of these people is staggering, with not a care for country or compatriot past and present. I am very angry at 16 million of my own compatriots who want to destroy the country they and I was born in. It is very hard for me to reconcile such vilification for one's own birthplace, and I cannot and will not consider them compatriots. I will not allow their mindset and addiction to serfdom enslave me. I was born in a sovereign country, and I will die in one too!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Madness isn't it.

Great of you to post all those links all banging on about the same thing, shows you how they do this when it does not go in favour of mass government plans. It is obvious they thought we got this, everyone will vote to remain. They thought their propaganda had set in well enough to allow it to naturally happen now it has not done that, they want it to go to another vote again.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

Leaving the EU has no automatic effect on this treaty.

It does if we have a Tory government who's stated aim is to drop the human rights act for their bill of rights.
When the Tories find a new leader (BoJo) we need a General Election , Johnson cannot be allowed to inherit the job of PM.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

You seem so confused. Is this by the media propaganda they have fed the nation for years or maybe you somehow have secret information on how Britain cannot survive without the EU?

Britain owns the world. It never lost its power. They gave away most of what they owned but did not give up the lease.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad

I spent nearly 3 months researching whilst ignoring the rhetoric from both sides. I voted out based solely on the democratic argument. I believe, like many intelligent people, the EU to be illiberal.

So, let's get this straight, you believe EU to be illiberal. Can you enlarge on that just a little, illiberal being a very broad college term, while many of the directives from the EU are basically statutes on law, in much the same way as any government would use the legal eagles to sort it out, except the legalise work is already done.
All of that has to be debated in the house of commons anyway.
I could agree on something that doeasn't feel right..if I knew what it is in the first place. However, since the Treaty of Lisbon came into force, EU law is the same as the European Convention on Human Rights, and Britain has signed up to both parties, while pursuing a British bill of rights at the same time, which is basically a kop out of a legal process already enforced. So you could argue that Strasbourg is a better place to be in court.
Also don't think for a minute, all EU directives are operated automatically in full EU countries, because they are not.

edit on 25-6-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

You seem really angry. Maybe because you partially agree with me, but hate to admit that you live with a bunch of dumb monkeys.

Thank you for being the exception, the few I wasn't referring to. Thank you also for calling me ignorant, because I know the world is full of dumb monkeys.

From America, I wish you well.
edit on 25-6-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

How do I seem confused? Actually I am quite enlightened when it comes to the human condition.

I know people are encouraged to vote, but not encouraged to study and research what they are voting for, so the majority just blindly choose an answer based on emotion. That is all I was insinuating.

Just to be clear, I am an American. Britain owns the world? Lol...
edit on 25-6-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Your American pal is a fool. UK was never a slave of the EU. If it had been it would have been forced to use the euro, they would not have had representation in Brussels, nor would the PM been able to negotiate a new deal with the EU months before the referendum.

But good news leaving means they will more then likely have to still have to follow a lot of EU rules about immigration and free movement of people to stay in the EU trade market, while loosing the voice they had in Brussels.

qft

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join