It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media in full spin mode: "British regret voting BREXIT".

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I see it as a victory for the common man...the media are not the common man and neither are our politicians and they will attempt anything for this to not happen remember It still has to pass in parliament yet.
If they cheat.......revolution time and I hope the stay people would march on downing street also because it would show they are not for the people.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Everyone has regrets - some are short lived whilst others tend to linger - for instance, I wonder if the numbers compare to those who regretted voting the current POTUS or UK Prime Minister into power?

The difference is if you regret your choice of leader you can change that in a few years , Brexit , like a dog , is for life.
We are headed down an uncertain path , I don't doubt there are many in my country who faced of the reality of Brexit regret their decision at the moment.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The majority of Great Britain citizens are pretty savvy. They know that if the media is against something, that "something" must be good and beneficial for the country and particularly, the working class.

We're facing a similar media bad-mouthing here in America about our best Presidential candidate. As with Britain, our savvy citizens will do exactly the opposite of what the Media and government leaders are urging us to do on November 8th.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Is it really spin, or just the media getting the most out of a hot topic?

Zayn Isn't Happy About the Brexit Vote: 'We Need to Pull Together Now'

'Doctor Who' Actors And Writers Not Happy About Brexit Result

I'm glad we know what actors and musicians think....

Wait is this spin too?!

These guys are happy:

www.itv.com...

edit on 25/6/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Well, I heard an interviewee (from London), who was regretting the "uneducated" masses deciding to do something she did not want. People find any excuse to rationalise their actions. Look to Scotland, we already have the nationalists wanting another independence referendum because the Scottish want to remain in the EU and not with their English fellows.

Too much group-think.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hmmm...
Here i thought the outrage was all about lies
by the polititians...

That the money saved would be used in healthcare and
such, but in fact would not....

Thats what i thought the "regrets" was about...

But then again, anyone ever met a polititian
speaking the truth?!?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
I looked through the news and thought, if the majority voted one way why are the majority of news articles negative?

It's such an obvious give-away of the fact the media and those quoted do not represent us.

I know as a fact there are rooms full of pathetic traitor spooks making up the news. Can't say how I know without endangering others.

I think the spin now is to make everyone think this was a mistake - which is what they are doing (instead of celebrating the fact that democracy took place). The punishment has begun. From the reports that I have seen though, the EU wants us out and now. No 3 months, 2 years. Now. Yet the media are telling us the result was wrong, even though it was democratic process.

There is a push - pull thing going on now which is the next phase - an attempt to pull the UK apart and split up the member countries further. Remember divide and conquer?

I believe that whatever the result, if there is a ruling elite they will have planned for this. They have Boris and Cameron so both sides are already covered. With only two outcomes it makes it easy-peasy. If the vote had been remain instead of leave then the EU will still be pissed at us. They were already for even talking about a referendum. So, as in Brexit, the punishments will begin. Scotland will be happy, but Wales and the rest of England won't, with London stuck in the middle of it all. The hate campaign against Brexit would have simply continued with the added "we were right" and "you are racists" and with the Brexit supporters identified the in-fighting will follow.

I doubt there will be another UK referendum other than the Scottish one for independence from UK - which serves to split us up and create more divide and tension.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It would be so funny if it wouldn´t be so disgusting.
Here in germany everyone that critizes the EU now, or even only says he can understand why the brits voted out, is suddenly a right-wing populist. Even the leftists, that critize this EU monster most, for it´s anti-social behaviour, are right-wing populists now...

Media is like 1883:
"There is no such a thing in America(2016 it is the whole western? world!) as an independent press, unless it is out in country towns. You are all slaves. You know it, and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to express an honest opinion. If you expressed it, you would know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid $150 for keeping honest opinions out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for doing similar things. If I should allow honest opinions to be printed in one issue of my paper, I would be like Othello before twenty-four hours: my occupation would be gone. The man who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the street hunting for another job. The business of a New York journalist is to distort the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to villify, to fawn at the feet of Mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread, or for what is about the same — his salary. You know this, and I know it; and what foolery to be toasting an "Independent Press"! We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are jumping-jacks. They pull the string and we dance. Our time, our talents, our lives, our possibilities, are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes."
John Swinton

And look how they react, those eu dictators. They say in public that the have to punish england. Because of democracy?
So that others, that want to leave this monster now too, are too afraid to leave, when they see how the EU punishes england.

EU parliament leader: we want Britain out as soon as possible
Source

So that´s EU democracy! Don`t ask the people, just decide. For the profits of the banksters, the multinational corporations. For the tax dodgers, if they are "big" enough, if they have enough money. For the rich. For the politicians. For big brother. For the USA.

But never for the people.

Read some "democratic" EU Juncker quotes, and wake up:

We decide on something, leave it lying around and wait and see what happens. If no one kicks up a fuss, because most people don't understand what has been decided, we continue step by step until there is no turning back.
(In the german original he is quoted with: If there is no hue and cry and nobody starts RIOTS, because most people have no idea what the decision is all about anyway...)
Source (german)

Monetary policy is a serious issue. We should discuss this in secret, in the Eurogroup [...] I'm ready to be insulted as being insufficiently democratic, but I want to be serious [...] I am for secret, dark debates.
Source

There can be no democratic choice against the European treaties
Source

But without a mass media doubt... people that are against such an antidemocratic institution like the EU are ALL, without exception, right-wing populists. Sure, there are a few rightwingers that profited from the refugee situation, but thats the minority of the EU critics.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The majority of Great Britain citizens are pretty savvy. They know that if the media is against something, that "something" must be good and beneficial for the country and particularly, the working class.

We're facing a similar media bad-mouthing here in America about our best Presidential candidate. As with Britain, our savvy citizens will do exactly the opposite of what the Media and government leaders are urging us to do on November 8th.

Maybe this was deliberate to make us think they are lying and against it and do what they wanted and vote leave.

Bit like reverse psychology. Because we have been trained to "know" that MPs lie and experts can be bought, this is what might be assumed. Who would know for sure if they were actually telling the truth until after it happened?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

That's how it works, because only racists and morons want democracy don't they?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

The UK was independent for over 2k? Selective memory?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: DerBeobachter

That's how it works, because only racists and morons want democracy don't they?

And if remain had won then everyone would be saying that true democracy had spoken.

Democracy is where the majority decide. Unfortunately the risk with that is they could be wrong, but at least everyone gets a say in the matter. The alternative is a dictatorship with one or more self-appointed (not elected) people telling the masses what to do whether the masses like it or not.

If this was such an important decision with frighting and far reaching consequences, then it shouldn't have been trusted with the masses (who could get it wrong) and maybe it shouldn't have been put out to a referendum at all. Too if this was the case then a proper unbiased, honest and open debate would be required.

Find someone in a country that does not have democratic process and ask them what they think. You will probably find that it is against the law for them to speak out about this and if they did they would be put in prison for doing so.
edit on 25/6/2016 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I honestly dont think this is done and dusted yet, and the elites are not going to let this slide.
This is a fantastic oppertunity here to cause division and enact chaos, lets face it, it really is low hanging fruit.
The question is will they allow the UK to wallow long enough in a state of distortion before they offer them a
thinly veiled deal to appease the SJW leftist. of course the elites will hobble the UK for it's attempt at freedom
and they will have to speed up the progress towards it's goal of a superstate.
Anthem of Europe.

IT BEGINS: NEWLY FORMED EU ARMY HOLDS SECRET WARGAME ON SALISBURY PLAIN LED BY ITALY

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

The question is will they allow the UK to wallow long enough in a state of distortion before they offer them a thinly veiled deal to appease the SJW leftist.

No , they want us out before we can spread our infection of clarity to other EU countries , we will be beaten with sticks and made an example of to deter other countries who may see an open door and want to do the same as us.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Its just a like kid leaving home to start his own life.. Yes it is scary but in the long run you will be better off, you can walk around naked, have lots of sex with lots of people and no one will care, and eat all the junk food you want..

Leaving the EU is kinda the same.. We now need to man the f'### up and grow up to make something of our selves without mummy and daddy about

RA

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
Its just a like kid leaving home to start his own life.. Yes it is scary but in the long run you will be better off, you can walk around naked, have lots of sex with lots of people and no one will care, and eat all the junk food you want..

Leaving the EU is kinda the same.. We now need to man the f'### up and grow up to make something of our selves without mummy and daddy about.

That's a great analogy!!

Odd to think of one country having lots of sex with others. Maybe something's wrong with me, but I can only see it in terms of war or mass immigration.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Really? How can they retreat it already? It's been ONE day?

I call bs!

Nice post OP

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I don't know of one person who regrets voting 'OUT'. Not one.

In fact, I would say the opposite is true, and people have a renewed and a fresh positive energy. It's so strong I can feel it emanating from inside myself and from other people too.

It's the feeling of FREEDOM. It's a such a wonderful prize that any material cost to us, if any, and no matter how great, all just disappears in comparison to it.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

That's the wrong video. This is the genuine article.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Is that jean claude juncker ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join