It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT activists enraged over beach patrol bathroom email

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: ketsuko

I understand your point. I guess I'll be a little more obvious.

Back then black women cannot share bathrooms with white women.

Now let's apply this to this story today. Some black women were using lockers room and some white women complained. So the email goes in part, "We're not like (some store that allows black people to use the same bathrooms)."

Is that funny?

I get what you are trying to draw equivalence to, but I am saying there is no there there. If there are no people to be discriminated against, then it cannot happen.

What you are saying is that since blacks and whites were segregated we implemented equal treatment. Therefore, under the ideal of equality, if I have a group of 10 little boys who all identify as little boys and I refer to them as little boys, treat them as little boys, take them to the little boys room ... I have discriminated because I left out the little girls! Little girls who do not exist in my group at present. Oh, and I have discriminated because I left out the little transpeople, of whom I have none in my group at present ... etc.

It is absurd.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah so as long as we understand each other. While he might not meant it to be insulting to the transgender community the far right news, especially Fox News (Todd Starnes of course who else), jumped at the opportunity and picked it up and made a joke out of it.

That's basically the gist of it. He might not have meant to poke fun at the transgender people but the news certainly did.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

So because of the new media ... they want the head lifeguard fired?! That is absurd too.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So because of the new media ... they want the head lifeguard fired?! That is absurd too.

Who's saying he should be fired?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I wasnt attacking you... I was pointing out the counter operation to bathroom rights the transgendered have fought for... and saying there are douchbags flouting the law not transgendered using it as an excuse to be in there.

Never mind the email... step back from the email...

These people regardless of what that dude said... were working for the otherside to give fuel to over throw a very long and hard fought law for equality.

Thats all I was pointing at... If a man is in a ladies room not transgendered just cause hey I wanna be in there... thats not how the law was intended. Yet thats how these people were taking it and regardless of words of said email... said not cool get out of there the law wasnt for you to play with... in defence of his coworkers none as far as we know (lots of very good surgeons) are transgendered.

I think thats what upsets most of these fellows on the prowl... dude could be a lady and they wouldnt know. But thats the thing she is a lady not a dude and thats why she would be in there... regardless of age some ages hopefully attended by someone, because of those same sorts of dudes this fellow possibly had to write an email and say cut it out... respect peoples privacy and quit looking for excuses.

Thats the take away or frame work under this... people making the hard fought law into a joke... which is the fuel to counter that hard fought law.
edit on 19-6-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

That is not this discussion.

This discussion is what Captain Arbin wrote in an email.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Nobody is asking for him to be fired. Where did you hear that?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Ok fair enough... but you do see why arguing this is essentially a waste of time and only perpetuating a debate that shouldnt even take place by throwing fuel on the iusse extending the debate and as long as there is public debate that means more argument for or against... so hey put down such debate in the name of equality because thats what it does create equality for people that fought for it that shouldnt have had to fight for it to begin with and drop it...

If the guy is biased he's biased and yes as a public servant shouldnt be slinging any... but at the same time the whole point remains the same... people flouting a law is in a lot of cases attempting to undo the law itself... and isnt that more important than crucifying one dude saying not trans as the law says fellas youre not trans and not female so out so your co workers can have some privacy...

I dont have a problem with the dude saying stuff to guys just wanting to hang out in ladies rooms and perv on them using the law as an excuse to do it.

edit on 19-6-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

There is an agenda, at least I think I'm able to identify one..
Just keep in mind, a lot of people have a lot of weird fetishes and they are able to use these 'new' policies to defend and satisfy these fetishes. I'm not saying that everyone is abusing the current evolution of human social-dynamics, but many are, and many more will.

Give them a pinky and suddenly you feel something brushing up your elbow.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

There is an agenda, at least I think I'm able to identify one..
Just keep in mind, a lot of people have a lot of weird fetishes and they are able to use these 'new' policies to defend and satisfy these fetishes. I'm not saying that everyone is abusing the current evolution of human social-dynamics, but many are, and many more will.

Give them a pinky and suddenly you feel something brushing up your elbow.

Not the fetishes again. Ugh!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: SprocketUK

I suppose we all see it in a different way. He may not have meant it to be taken that way. But one thing's for sure someone made sure to make it public and Todd picked up (we all know his true agenda).

And BTW what do you mean that it is hardly the same thing? Transgender people are born that way. They don't decide their genders.

I looked up the Fox News guy and yeah, I see what you mean about him.

Would any of this have happened if he hadn't have had access to it?

I made no judgement at all about trans people, it doesn't matter to me whether they were born that way or came to it, not my business at all. The only concern is that they get a fair shake, and my contention was that the email was written to a bunch of cis men to stop them using the ladies room.
It didn't really say anything other than they should all use the appropriate room for their gender.

It would have been a different email if there had been trans people there wouldn't it? Purely because it wouldn't have worked.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

It would have been a different email if there had been trans people there wouldn't it? Purely because it wouldn't have worked.

Can you be sure there was no transgender on his team?

They don't wear a flashing beacon, ya know.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Well...
In the sixties a bar (Yappie's) in Kapahulu required its wait staff to wear pins; "I am a boy."

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Surely he'd have known, there'd have been some record of a name change and such like.
(I'm assuming because in the UK such a job means a criminal records check which necessitates listing all aliases ).

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Well...
In the sixties a bar (Yappie's) in Kapahulu required its wait staff to wear pins; "I am a boy."

Well, the sixties - - that was a time of its own. (yes, I research)

What about “Yappys” in Kapahulu? Was famous for the wait staff having to wear a “I am a Boy” pin to make sure nobody made a “Crying Game” discovery! tastyislandhawaii.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

It was before my time.

Really.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This is the kind of instigators who completely destroy the feminist/SJW movement: Anita Sarkeesian, a well known 3rd wave feminist. (gamergate)

Her view:

Everything is sexist, everything is racist and we have to point it all out

You heard it from the horses mouth (no pun intended, not meant offensive).
EVERYTHING. The moment someone says something (and Anita does not like the person) it s racist and or sexist.

It s really sad. I identified as a feminist, fought for woman's rights. Since the 3rd wave feminists came in, i am ashamed to wear the title feminist.
These young brats even fight against the first and second wave feminists, not realising that without them, they would still be back in the kitchen, waiting for the husband to come home.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

feminist/SJW movement:

That is an unfortunate conflation.

But yes, there are a number of big mouths in the world.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

edit on 6/20/2016 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Surely he'd have known, there'd have been some record of a name change and such like.

He's a civil servant. I doubt he does the background checks on new hires.

Some things depend on state laws. And some things are protected Federally.

I try not to go beyond my knowledge. I can't give details in this area.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join