It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT activists enraged over beach patrol bathroom email

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Discriminatory against whom?!

If he had no transpeople on his staff, there was no one to be discriminated against. How is it discriminatory to tell straight men who identify as men to use the men's room?

No one will explain that.

This is where the concept of "internal communication" comes in.
edit on 20-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
what if you are schizophrenic and have multiple personality disorder and your personas all identify as different things
even though they are both male and female !

how confusing do you say to this person they can go wherever they like or are they to use the disabled toilet

i'm just asking ?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Gryphon66

Discriminatory against whom?!

If he had no transpeople on his staff, there was no one to be discriminated against. How is it discriminatory to tell straight men who identify as men to use the men's room?

No one will explain that.

This is where the concept of "internal communication" comes in.

He was making policy for the City that is illegal under Maryland state law. Establishing a discriminatory policy is an act of discrimination. Also, you're conflating sexual orientation with gender identity.

The government of Ocean City get's it, Butch the lifeguard captain gets it now and has apologized, and the matter has been clearly explained to you. If you refuse to see the facts and keep repeating the same nonsense, it's on you.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
what if you are schizophrenic and have multiple personality disorder and your personas all identify as different things
even though they are both male and female !

how confusing do you say to this person they can go wherever they like or are they to use the disabled toilet

i'm just asking ?

That's not schizophrenia that's multiple personality disorder.

And neither have anything to do with gender identity.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Makes you miss the ol' times when a man was a man and a woman was a woman...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So, do you think he will change his policy of "you have to go to the bathroom that matches your DNA", if all of a sudden it's confirmed that he does indeed have a transgender female on staff? Why have a policy that might need to be changed depending on who you have on staff? Why not have a policy that will stand no matter who is on staff?

I ask these questions to make you realize that this guy is clearly stating (in an official company email) that he won't change the policy no matter who is on staff. That makes it a discriminatory policy.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Makes you miss the ol' times when a man was a man and a woman was a woman...

Isn't that still true for 99.7% of the population? At least according to the statistic that always get's tossed around in these scenarios.

What's the problem? That 0.03% making you unsure of yourself?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

And what was so wrong in my comment that makes you consider me unsure about myself? Or do I have to ask your permission to express what I think without directing my point to nobody? I say it again, makes me miss the times when a man was a man and a woman was a woman. If you fall in that 0.03% is not my problem and it ain't going to make me shut my mouth. Stop worrying what other people say.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

I am also free to say that I do NOT miss the times when blacks had to know their place, homosexuals were forced into the closet, and transgender people were beaten and/or killed, and no one talked about it.

Change needed to protect the previously unprotected can be loud and it can be messy. Sorry if that bugs you.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

And what was so wrong in my comment that makes you consider me unsure about myself? Or do I have to ask your permission to express what I think without directing my point to nobody? I say it again, makes me miss the times when a man was a man and a woman was a woman. If you fall in that 0.03% is not my problem and it ain't going to make me shut my mouth. Stop worrying what other people say.

Nothing was wrong with your comment.

Of course you don't have to ask my permission to express what you think. And I don't have to ask yours.

You can't "miss the times" that a man was a man, etc. because those "times" haven't left is the obvious point being made.

No one wants you to shut your mouth. What you wish for is still the overwhelming majority reality.

The fact that some folks aren't seems to really get your goat. Chill.

Or not, up to you. Or don't you like to see opinions countered to yours expressed?

Your gender identity is safe.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Of course you don't have to ask my permission to express what you think. And I don't have to ask yours.

The difference is that my comment wasn't directed to no one. Especially at you. While yours is specifically aimed at me. If you think that I'd be intimidated by your "tone" you're wrong. This tendency of getting into people's throats over topics like LGBT is passing the levels of absurd.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I used a public bathroom twice this weekend in MD...nothing happened!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
How about this guy though...Link to article

An Oregon man stands accused of a federal crime after authorities say he groped a 13-year-old girl while she was unaccompanied on a commercial flight.

According to a criminal complaint, the Gresham man's suspicious behavior began immediately after he boarded the plane and sat directly beside the girl despite an abundance of empty seats on the American Airlines flight.

On an airplane this creep tries this... but the article doesn't say anything about following her to the bathroom. Children shouldn't be flying unaccompanied without an adult guardian with them in the first place. Just like they shouldn't be wandering alone in bathrooms unaccompanied either.

More importantly though take note in the article it says " the Gresham man's suspicious behavior began immediately after he boarded the plane and sat directly beside the girl so it would seem once again a pervert's behavior has betrayed them thanks to vigilant bystander's/witnesses/passengers or whatever. Point is a creeper was caught acting creepy around a child and was caught.

if you want' to be outraged about something be outraged at the fact that this disgusting creature will no doubt receive a lenient punishment for such a heinous crime much like the Stanford Rapist. Chock it up to good ol "white male privilege" I guess but hey that's none of my business. You should get in touch with your local legislatures and demand and push for harsher sentencing of Pedo's.

Your going against the wrong enemy here folks, Trans people are not your enemies, we are not out to trick you into sleeping with us or stalk your children in restrooms. So please do not rob of us of our dignity and humanity, instead focus your anger and voices at those whom you vote for that allow such lenient sentencing of crimes of a sexual nature. Focus your rage on the creepers who live in your neighborhood. Check the watch list's and warn the neighbors that a sexual offender lives 2 doors down.

edit on 20-6-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The difference is that my comment wasn't directed to no one. Especially at you. While yours is specifically aimed at me. If you think that I'd be intimidated by your "tone" you're wrong. This tendency of getting into people's throats over topics like LGBT is passing the levels of absurd.

You're posting in a pubic forum. If you expect that others shouldn't react as they deem fit within T&C to your posted words, I believe your expectations are unreasonable.

You got called on your exaggerated bewailing of some binary world (that never actually existed anyway).

I'm not responsible for whatever "tone" you imagine that you're perceiving in my words. I stated obvious facts in distinction to your whiny little comment. Most people's gender matches their anatomy. Overwhelmingly. Yet you choose to imply that trans* folks standing up for equal rights has somehow discomfited you, or diminished your standing or awareness of your own gender ... or of late, is just too much trouble for you to have to be subjected to.

All of which is just plain silly. How is my comment to you anymore "getting into someone's throat" (???) than your post?

Answer, it's not. Further, if you don't like what I say, don't read and don't respond. You have no responsibility to do so.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: Freija

Ok, I think you cleared a lot of that up nicely. Thanks.

Thanks for reading and glad I could answer some of your questions. I had a look over what I said and realize that at nearly 3:00 AM, after working an unusually physical 10-hour day and a couple glasses of wine, I don't always make sense.

Oh yeah, in another post you wondered if cis was a pejorative term. It is not. Cis and trans are Latin and used in science and chemistry. When speaking or writing of trans issues, "cis" is a much better than saying "normal" and a lot less typing than saying non-transgender. That's all it means. Something else you mentioned... although I'm not the "biker" type, I am a motorcyclist, lifetime member of the AMA and have about 210,000 two-wheeled miles on the street of which I'm quite proud. I met my future husband at a track day in 1984 when I was 29. MotoGP is my favorite sport to watch and I'm a diehard fan.

originally posted by: svetlana84

I applaud you for your post! It s always the best to hear from an insider.
Most valuable post in this thread.

Not really, but thank you.

With 40 years of experience - can you share more of your experience?

I rarely post on any other topic but most choose not to listen as I'm usually written off as some lefty liberal SJW or called a snowflake (among other things). Within the last year, I've posted practically every intimate detail of my "experience" here as a way of helping to raise awareness and understanding. I advocate for transgender children and their families with some bleedover into general trans issues and sometimes LGB() issues. If you're looking for specific things U2U me so this doesn't go off topic and I'll answer any question of asked respectfully. I do what I can to be helpful and informative. In a nutshell, I was born male but grew up to be a girl. "Boy" years were very odd, dysphoric and surreal. I've never been a man and have been fortunate to enjoy cisgender status as a girl/woman since I was 18.

Have you ever had problems so far with using a women bathroom/locker?

I had problems using the boy's locker room in the 7th grade. A note from a psychiatrist got me out of that. I did not use school or public bathrooms or locker rooms at all during high school. It was too dangerous and I'd already come close to being killed from homo/transphobic violence when I was 15. As a girl, I have never had problems using a women's bathroom and as I'm female when undressed, why would I have problems using a locker room or communal shower?

Any negative comments on the bathroom topic from either men or women?

Only what I read here and other places. Trans issues and problems are not part of my life except the birth certificate thing and since I've never had to show one, even that hasn't been a problem for me. I've owned my own business for 21 years now and the boss doesn't care!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Thank you so much. My respect for you grows with every post.

Fellow biker and MotoGP fan here as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

Well the bias you have, is against them just demanding equality on a whole... to stop breaking it down into gender, sexual preference, race, national origon etc. They are saying the issue is equality period... stop biasing on equality itself.

Perhaps that helps you see understand and embrace what the younger generation inheriting all of this mess is saying with their voice to all those with the ability to stop it and change it.

Thats all.

Embrace equality
edit on 20-6-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Page 12, my post, my words:

I see the thread is spinning. Conflicts are arising. So let me try to take a step back and see if we can find some common ground.

Basic values, which i hope we all agree with:
- every person should have equal rights
- every person should have access to a bathroom/lockerroom where she/he feels safe.

Have a lovely day.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

Thanks and you as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Do you people live under rocks, so some straight dudes tough it was fumy to use a women bathroom, but its the gays and trans gendered who are at fault.

Trans people have been using public washrooms for a very long time, this only came out in a election year to rile up the right just to let them forget there party is imploding and trying to elect a clown.

Hook line and sinker.

The right talks about gun grabs and gay agenda

The left talks about gun crime and equality

They both pander to there voters, but yea we need more snowflakes from the right crying and playing the victims.

Your country is goin down the drain, make sure your safe when you need to pee at the mall.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join