It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT activists enraged over beach patrol bathroom email

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Annee

It was before my time.

Really.

The 70s is really where it all started getting wild.

Interesting times. I never did drugs, but drank a lot of scotch.

edit on 20-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Huh.
I had the impression you were southy. Would have figured bourbon.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Well speaking from personal experience, every time I have gone for a job with a security clearance or one that needs a criminal record check, we have gone over the results at the interview.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
This is the kind of instigators who completely destroy the feminist/SJW movement: Anita Sarkeesian, a well known 3rd wave feminist. (gamergate)

Did it ever occur to you women are independent people?

That women can think for themselves.

That women don't need a leader?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

yes we can be sure that there have been no transpeople on the team who had any problem.

Beacuse if there would have been it would be all over the news (the story is already, even without transpeople).

back to you with the burden of proof: Do you have any indication there was or is a transperson under his watch?

Please stay factual.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Well speaking from personal experience, every time I have gone for a job with a security clearance or one that needs a criminal record check, we have gone over the results at the interview.

Who is we?

If HR knows personal information about a person, that does not have anything to do with their job - - - it would be unethical to share that information.

So, I do believe it would be completely unknown to Captain Arbin if there was a transgender on his team.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

yes we can be sure that there have been no transpeople on the team who had any problem.

Beacuse if there would have been it would be all over the news (the story is already, even without transpeople).

back to you with the burden of proof: Do you have any indication there was or is a transperson under his watch?

Please stay factual.

Why would it be all over the news?

If there is a transgender on his team, they are not required to reveal themselves.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Nice try to derail.

I assume you are a woman (apologies if not) that can think for yourself.
What is your opinion on Anita Sarkeesians argument?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Huh.
I had the impression you were southy. Would have figured bourbon.

Beachy.

Southern CA.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Nice try to derail.

I assume you are a woman (apologies if not) that can think for yourself.
What is your opinion on Anita Sarkeesians argument?

Let's not play games again.

I have no idea who Anita Sarkeesian is.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Who is we?

If HR knows personal information about a person, that does not have anything to do with their job - - - it would be unethical to share that information.

So, I do believe it would be completely unknown to Captain Arbin if there was a transgender on his team.

I think you are clutching there Annee, maybe if the job is flipping burgers, but dealing with the public in this way is vastly different. I was a delivery guy for a while and sat across from me at the interview was the depot manager with all my records in front of him that proved who I was and that I had no criminal record at all.
I'd say the path to becoming a life guard is every bit if not more rigorous.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I was a delivery guy for a while and sat across from me at the interview was the depot manager with all my records in front of him that proved who I was and that I had no criminal record at all.
Is it a crime to be transexual in the UK?

And if the physical requirements are met?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Who is we?

I think you are clutching there Annee, maybe if the job is flipping burgers, but dealing with the public in this way is vastly different. I was a delivery guy for a while and sat across from me at the interview was the depot manager with all my records in front of him that proved who I was and that I had no criminal record at all.

Maybe they do things differently in the UK.

HR - - human resources - - does background checks, or orders background checks from a service. They are not going to reveal personal information that has nothing to do with the job requirements.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I was a delivery guy for a while and sat across from me at the interview was the depot manager with all my records in front of him that proved who I was and that I had no criminal record at all.
Is it a crime to be transexual in the UK?

And if the physical requirements are met?

Phage, I am talking about Criminal records checks and security clearances, in the UK you have to list every name you have ever been known as in order to obtain an enhanced records check. Which means it would become apparent if you had changed your "official" gender at any point. (Unless your name has always been, say Marion Wayne or some such).

It's nothing at all to do with transgender in any way, merely a criminal thing.

I have no doubt lifeguarding is more rigorous, and because of the nature of the job, I would imagine the safeguarding criteria would be far more detailed.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

You don'have to know her. I asked what your opinion on her statement is.

I did not ask, what your opinion on Anita is.

"Everything is racist, everything is sexist, and we have to point it all out"

That's the statement i d like to hear your opinion on.

I assume you evade it, because as a rational person, we all kno,w that the statement is factually untrue. Let alone illogical, because her own statement would make every of her own remarks racist and sexist.

And a solution to the problem is logically impossible, because everything is racist and sexist anyways.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I thought a criminal record check would involve searching court records for criminal activity. My mistake.

I thought that if a person passed such a check the only people who would know anything about it would be those who were responsible for conducting the check. My mistake.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Who is we?

HR - - human resources - - does background checks. They are not going to reveal personal information that has nothing to do with the job requirements.

Do you know that they don't pass along the criminal records check to the interviewer along with the C.V. though? Or are you just guessing?
Besides, that was just one mechanism I could see for him knowing of trans people in his workplace.
The more obvious would be some telling him, since he would need to know in order to be extra aware of the dangers of bullying, so keeping such info from him would seem to be counter productive.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

You don'have to know her. I asked what your opinion on her statement is.

I did not ask, what your opinion on Anita is.

"Everything is racist, everything is sexist, and we have to point it all out"

I have no interest in her and don't care what she says.

There are extremists in every walk of life.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I thought a criminal record check would involve searching court records for criminal activity. My mistake.

I thought that if a person passed such a check the only people who would know anything about it would be those who were responsible for conducting the check. My mistake.

Fair enough. Like I said, it has been my experience that such things are passed along to the person making the decision.

In the UK you have to apply and pay for your own usually, you send off all your ID proofs and a questionnaire to the bureau and they cross check all court and police records for any incidence of any of your names (Sometimes the police issue a caution which isn't in any court records but still needs declaring and thus these checks go through an extra couple of layers).

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Who is we?

HR - - human resources - - does background checks. They are not going to reveal personal information that has nothing to do with the job requirements.

Do you know that they don't pass along the criminal records check to the interviewer along with the C.V. though? Or are you just guessing?
Besides, that was just one mechanism I could see for him knowing of trans people in his workplace.
The more obvious would be some telling him, since he would need to know in order to be extra aware of the dangers of bullying, so keeping such info from him would seem to be counter productive.

I already stated I can't provide details in this area. Also, state laws vary.

But, I have worked in HR. Its like medical records. You can't share those.

I don't know what the UK requires.

-----------------------------------------------

So, moving along.

What if one of the team has a sister, or child, or friend who is Gender Dysphoric.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join