It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT activists enraged over beach patrol bathroom email

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
Hail, Hail, The Gang's All Here! (Almost anyway)

Take a few well known anti-trans alarmists/propagandists, an article from FAUX News and eleven pages of mostly mocking, ignorance and derision from other drive-by posters that contributes to an environment of hate and violence and by golly, it almost feels like the band is back together and the sh!t here is as deep as ever. Congratulations, ATS! You haven't let me down. In fact, you've totally lived up to my expectations, which at this point, are pretty damn low.

"Environment of hate and violence..."

And people wonder where the term 'snowflake' came from.

This is not hate and violence. Check out the middle east and how they are treating LGBT for examples of hate and violence. This is equal treatment, regardless of sex/speech/looks/dress/etc. Only words matter here, and an adult can handle how those affect them.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Freija
Hail, Hail, The Gang's All Here! (Almost anyway)

Take a few well known anti-trans alarmists/propagandists, an article from FAUX News and eleven pages of mostly mocking, ignorance and derision from other drive-by posters that contributes to an environment of hate and violence and by golly, it almost feels like the band is back together and the sh!t here is as deep as ever. Congratulations, ATS! You haven't let me down. In fact, you've totally lived up to my expectations, which at this point, are pretty damn low.

"Environment of hate and violence..."

And people wonder where the term 'snowflake' came from.

This is not hate and violence. Check out the middle east and how they are treating LGBT for examples of hate and violence. This is equal treatment, regardless of sex/speech/looks/dress/etc. Only words matter here, and an adult can handle how those affect them.

America does just fine on its own in the anti-LGBT department.

Let's fix it here first.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I am back, finally got some sleep. 3 hours sleep in 48 hours... But that s another issue.

I see the thread is spinning. Conflicts are arising. So let me try to take a step back and see if we can find some common ground.

Basic values, which i hope we all agree with:
- every person should have equal rights
- every person should have access to a bathroom/lockerroom where she/he feels safe.

Captain Butch Arbin works since 40 years at the beach patrol. There are bathrooms/lockerrooms for women (used only by women) and bathrooms for men (only used by men).

Everybody was happy, everybody was safe. Everybody had equal rights.

Then some men started to use the womens bathroom/locker. The reason was simple: there are more men working there, than woman. So it s a space issue.

Then some women complained about men usin the women bathroom.
Butch Arbin took the complaints serious and provided the safe space for women with writing an email.

So that women can feel safe in their bathroom and men can feel safe in their bathroom.
There have been no complaints about the email, from neither men or woman working there.

Everybody was happy again. Everybody has equal rights, everybody has a safe bathroom/locker.

And i am pretty sure, that the moment a trans person gets a job at the beach patrol Butch will make sure to find a solution which fits everyone.

So without the LGBQT activists interference everybody would have been happy all the time.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84

Everybody was happy again. Everybody has equal rights, everybody has a safe bathroom/locker.

Then why did someone make sure that email went public?

So without the LGBQT activists interference everybody would have been happy all the time.

Wrong. The days of shoving ICKY behind closed doors is over.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Why the mail went public?

I don't know who brought it to public, and why. Do you know?

I did not understand your last phrase (lost in translation)
What does icky mean?
I only know the word in a context we do not talk about on ATS.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

What does icky mean?

It means icky - - as in something you don't want out in public so you shove it behind closed doors.

A lot of that went on in the 50s.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Thanks for the definition.

I still don't get what is the icky part in this story?
The mail? sent out by a captain to his employers - which concerns the people working at beach patrol and nobody else?

Or that men used the womens bathroom?

Or that he said "we are not target" (which is factually true, they are the beach patrol)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Here's one for ya.

How many Americans does it take to sort out the toilets.......

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

What does icky mean?

It means icky - - as in something you don't want out in public so you shove it behind closed doors.

A lot of that went on in the 50s.

If "icky" means something we do not talk about except behind closed doors, then the email would not have gone public. Obviously, no one felt this was "icky." If they had, they would have been ashamed of it.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWisestCumbrian

none with IQ in the double digits, thats how many.

im octo-gendered (i identify with creatures that do not exist) which toilet should i use?

how come i dont see male lions that think their female lions, or a shark that has a human phobia, or a male dog peeing sitting down... cant make this stuff up, just specifically, men... mostly men... me thinks its might be a menta.. i better be careful, logic disappears with PC crowds.
--------------------------------------------------

but yea, this bathroom rubbish is starting to get on my last forking nerves. let people pee where they think they should pee, and if they do anything shady, send them to a prison where they will beg to use the bathroom for which the gender they were born.

oh yea, if a woman identifies as a man, and gets in trouble with the law, send him/her to a male prison. im sure in double standards vs self identity confusion [conundrum] sanity will prevail [or martyrdom].
cant make this stuff up.... i never thought i would write such sentences in my lifetime, and not doing a stand up comedy bit...

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

none with IQ in the double digits, thats how many.

Seems to me you shouldn't be talking about double digit IQs.

Did you enjoy your mini rant?

This lifeguard in charge is a public servant. He's a public school teacher off season. He's paid with tax money (I assume).

LGBT people (not animals) are tax payers. He works for them.

Those who are uneducated/ignorant of Gender Dysphoria make uninformed opinions or sarcastic comments they think are clever.

Why not put yourself in their position and think about how you'd feel?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Glad to see you back!

I am still waiting for an answer on my question:

I still don't get what is the icky part in this story? The mail? sent out by a captain to his employers - which concerns the people working at beach patrol and nobody else? Or that men used the womens bathroom? Or that he said "we are not target" (which is factually true, they are the beach patrol)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Glad to see you back!

I am still waiting for an answer on my question:

I still don't get what is the icky part in this story? The mail? sent out by a captain to his employers - which concerns the people working at beach patrol and nobody else? Or that men used the womens bathroom? Or that he said "we are not target" (which is factually true, they are the beach patrol)

Previous post: It means icky - - as in something you don't want out in public so you shove it behind closed doors.

I'm not interested in playing games.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I am not playing games. And i am sorry if it seems that way.

I understand the definition of icky now.
And i understand that you see something icky which you want to expose.

But i dont see what that is. And i dont understand the position of wanting to expose something, but not wanting to name it.

I am really confused.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

And i understand that you see something icky which you want to expose.

But i dont see what that is. And i dont understand the position of wanting to expose something, but not wanting to name it.

I am really confused.

"I" do not see something icky about people.

Others have issues in accepting people who are different then they are.

Others have issues in accepting LGBT are born who they are. Sarcasm and derogatory opinions because you don't understand something (nor want to) reflects the ignorance.

As I've stated before: my mom was disabled. Much of my youth was spent in/with a club for the disabled. All kinds of disabilities. I learned early "people are their heart".

Some people should re-read their posts a couple times before hitting the reply button. (that's not directed at you).

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I realised that you are an atheist and trekkie, like me. we have common grounds.

As well i don't find any people icky.
Unfortunately i still don't fully understand your standpoint.

So maybe i try to explain my standpoint again.

in this whole case there is not a singel Transperson involved. And i did not hear of LGB people being involved (there might be, i just don t know).

The men used the womens room not because of gender identification. The men are happy to use the mens room, women are happy with the women room.
Nobody was oppressed, the was no issue.

The moment there would be a transperson working at the beach patrol the captain would look for a solution, which fits everybody working there (like he did).

If he would not, if a transperson would be denied access or would be harrassed or would get negative remarks, short any indication of oppression or minimalizing happening - i would stand next to you shoulder on shoulder fighting the oppression.

Next point: the obama transgender bathroom directive was specifically for transgender people and people who define their gender other than their sex in public schools.

Both points: transgender or public school don t apply here. There are no transpeople working there it s not a public school.

And I am sorry to hear about your mom being disabled. Disabled people are the ones who need special equipped bathrooms the most.

Interesting that this topic has not been brought up yet. This may or may not have to do with the fact that the lifeguard job is a tough one (i did it myself) which need fully abled rather athletic people to do it. Therefore you will not find disabled people working as lifeguard, thus no disabled toilets in the lifeguard house.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am just fed up with this whole transgender nonsense. If your born with male sexual organs then your a man, vise versa with a female. Once again as long as we continue to entertain these folks this nonsense will continue. That's why Bruce Jenner will always be Bruce, not Caitlyn to me.

To me transgender people are just mentally ill.
What's next Trans-Species??

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I am back, finally got some sleep. 3 hours sleep in 48 hours... But that s another issue.

I see the thread is spinning. Conflicts are arising. So let me try to take a step back and see if we can find some common ground.

Basic values, which i hope we all agree with:
- every person should have equal rights
- every person should have access to a bathroom/lockerroom where she/he feels safe.

Captain Butch Arbin works since 40 years at the beach patrol. There are bathrooms/lockerrooms for women (used only by women) and bathrooms for men (only used by men).

Everybody was happy, everybody was safe. Everybody had equal rights.

Then some men started to use the womens bathroom/locker. The reason was simple: there are more men working there, than woman. So it s a space issue.

Then some women complained about men usin the women bathroom.
Butch Arbin took the complaints serious and provided the safe space for women with writing an email.

So that women can feel safe in their bathroom and men can feel safe in their bathroom.
There have been no complaints about the email, from neither men or woman working there.

And i am pretty sure, that the moment a trans person gets a job at the beach patrol Butch will make sure to find a solution which fits everyone.

See, that's how I thought it went down.

I could understand someone who was tg getting upset if they were one of the people on the mailing list and who needed a place to change.

They weren't and didn't. (At least that's what seems to be the case).

I don't know the bloke, but he seems a pretty straight kind of person, I don't imagine he'd let anyone of his people get picked on.

Surely there are real clowns out there that could do with this sort of lynch mob, rather than someone like him?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

I think she meant the joke. They made the email public making fun of the issue and transgender people because they consider it to be "icky". At least that's the way I see it.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I'd like to correct something most people have no problem accepting difrent people. What people object to is when someone who's difrent tries to impose thier beliefs on others. People don't get special stars because they are difrent. They must abide by the same rules as everyone else. If you don't like the rules lobby to change them. And eventually the supreme court will make a dicision.

What's been happening now is not political social change is being attempted through shaming and intimidation. There are many many women not comfortable with males of any kind being in the ladies room. Wait can we still call it that or now is it ladies and transgender room?? Either way being a guy the men's room will always be ours because there isn't a guy on the planet that would complain of women being in the men's room.

The only problem I have with this is when a group claims special rights at the expense of others and then where does it end. We have people out there that relate to dogs baby's and even saw a story about ponies. Me I think I'm a Japanese woman so I can say you silly. No wait think instead I'm a black woman that way I can sue places for racial and gender bias let the money roll in. Might start with target since they obviously have a problem allowing women to use the rest room since they want to allow any guy in there who decides he doesn't feel like a guy that day. Lol

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join