It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT activists enraged over beach patrol bathroom email

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Even the Olympics doesn't you chromosome testing anymore.

Pretty bad example. Everyone knows the Olympics have been co-opted by the progressive PCers and corrupted by too much money.

Science is science. If you test a dude's chromosomes they come out XY. A girl comes out XX. Quite repeatable in the lab I'm afraid.

Calling a Spade a Heart doesn't make it a Heart. It's just mis-labeled.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Sex. The simplest thing DNA can tell you is whether someone is male or female. Apart from some very rare cases, that doesn't even involve looking at their DNA sequence - all you need to know is whether they have X and Y chromosomes (making them male) or a pair of Xs (which makes them female).Apr 26, 2008

NO.

Science evolves.

Somehow I think you missed the point and the joke.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

a reply to: Annee

Just people makin' stuff up to suit their agenda.

I don't have a problem with people going to the bathroom. That's probably because I'm all grown up. Weirdness in the bathroom, though ... needs to be dealt with.

Equal Rights is an agenda?

Or is denying Equal Rights to a minority an agenda?

Fair questions. Here are my honest thoughts on those:

Thanks. Appreciate when someone actually tries to have a legit convo.

Why does a group of people think they have the right to change a long-term understanding into a Social Justice issue?

Racism, Women's Rights, etc. At 70 years old - - I got a first hand view of the kicking and screaming not to allow these "social justice" changes.

Some people have suggested a third 'type' of bathroom ... just for these people you refer to as a minority. I, OTOH, think that bathroom should be set aside for pervs. LOL

LOL, a bit of humor (in good taste) in these discussions never hurts.

personally won't cede minority status to LGBTers. I accept that they are for real.

Not sure why. But, OK.

While I do believe the vast majority are mentally ill

Why would you believe that?

... some are just straight-up whatever the Hell they are. That said, they are what they are, and everyone can't be a minority based on some 'minor defect' in the way they were born.

I prefer "minor difference". Some "minor differences" are acceptable, but even in my own lifetime there was an issue with Lefthandedness. A minority at about 10%. Does science know what causes some people to be Left handed? NO. (Not completely yet anyway. In 2007 a British team of scientists found a gene - - The gene, LRRTM1. More research needed: news.bbc.co.uk...).

Science is finding the brain to be even more complicated then once thought. Brain scan science is fairly "newish", but a lot has been discovered.

The brain tells us who we are. It tells us who we are sexually attracted to. And it tells us what gender we are, even if the brain and physical body are in opposition.

Is it a bit weird? Yes.

Weird or not - - - science is supportive of Gender Dysphoria.

edit on 18-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Sex. The simplest thing DNA can tell you is whether someone is male or female. Apart from some very rare cases, that doesn't even involve looking at their DNA sequence - all you need to know is whether they have X and Y chromosomes (making them male) or a pair of Xs (which makes them female).Apr 26, 2008

NO.

Science evolves.

Somehow I think you missed the point and the joke.

So many of these threads.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Science is science. If you test a dude's chromosomes they come out XY. A girl comes out XX. Quite repeatable in the lab I'm afraid.

And your science is outdated.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

LGBTQ activists need to get over themselves, of course so do these retarded sjw's.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Im a biologist and last I checked except for rare genetical disorders XX chromosomes meant you are born with a vagina and XY a penis.

The science behind the chromosomes is the same it ever was.
edit on 18-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

LGBTQ

You mean LGBTQWERTYUIOPASDFHHJKZXCVNM+-×£

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It gets more complicated as the science is discovering how the brain determines gender identity, and sometimes the brain doesn't match the XX or XY.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Im a biologist and last I checked except for rare genetical disorders XX chromosomes meant you are born with a vagina and XY a penis.

You're not looking beyond what you know or want to know.

Science doesn't change - - - but, new discoveries tell new "stories".

Welcome to the UCLA Center for Gender-Based Biology!

Gender is a complex and topical issue, both biologically and socially. In 2000, the Institute of Medicine published a report entitled: "Exploring the Biological Contributions to Human Health: Does Sex Matter?" It emphasized the following critical questions: How can information on sex differences be translated into preventative, diagnostic and therapeutic practice? How can the new knowledge about and understanding of biological sex differences and similarities most effectively be used to positively affect patient outcomes and improve health and health care? The overarching conclusions were that: Sex does matter.The study of sex differences is evolving into a mature science. Barriers to the advancement of knowledge about sex differences in health and illness exist and must be eliminated. Understanding the biological bases of gender has a critical influence on gender politics--whether it is the access of health care to women, or the social welfare to the gay, lesbian, and transgender communities. Many leaders in the fields of sex differences, sex determination, and gender biology perform basic research at UCLA. The Gender Center agglomerates existing expertise at UCLA and promotes a novel way to think about, teach, and practice modern science and medicine. gendercenter.genetics.ucla.edu...

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm just literally sick to death of all of this politically correct bull, & God forbid, if you happen to say 1 wrong word!!! Hello.....??????? ANYONE ELSE NOTICE, by watching every word you say, our FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS SLOWELY DISINTEGRATING!!! I for one, am over it! I'm not playing these games........

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

It gets more complicated as the science is discovering how the brain determines gender identity, and sometimes the brain doesn't match the XX or XY.

Gender and sex are different things according to you folks, and science is still squarely behind your chromosomes determining your sex.

I do believe if you re-read ewok's post, he never mentions either "gender" or "sex" either, just verifiable scientific fact.

Sadly, I think for many of you, to actually have the freedom from objective reality you all are seeking, you are going to have to wait until you can completely download your consciousness into virtual reality so that your mind really can shape your preferred reality. Then you can have whatever body you actually think you want, and I can actually have the orange grass my brain demands.
edit on 18-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
I'm just literally sick to death of all of this politically correct bull, & God forbid, if you happen to say 1 wrong word!!! Hello.....??????? ANYONE ELSE NOTICE, by watching every word you say, our FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS SLOWELY DISINTEGRATING!!! I for one, am over it! I'm not playing these games........

Who didn't have Freedom of Speech?

Just know there could be consequences.

This lifeguard is a public servant. He may not like being politically correct, but its required in his position.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Then you can have whatever body you actually think you want, and I can actually have the orange grass my brain demands.

I believed Homosexuals themselves when they said they were born that way. Who would know better?

I believe those with Gender Dysphoria because they say so. Who would know better? A petri dish?

Beyond that, science and professionals in the field of Gender Dysphoria support it.

Sometimes science has to play catch-up.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I know this thread is about your fear.

I was responding to a statement made from ignorance. Part of a quote in the OP. What's the motto of ATS, again?

Why are you using your status here as a "Bill Nye the science guy" to further a ridiculous and dangerous agenda which in the end targets innocent schoolchildren? Sex is determined by the chromosomes and you frikken know it. Everything else is confusion being used as a tool.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
YES! It's all about the children. Read this child's experience being transgender in public school.

What if it was your child?

Please watch/listen to her tell her story: www.youtube.com...

Transgender Teen Awarded $75,000 in School Restroom Lawsuit

Maine school district forced the student to use a staff restroom A court in Maine awarded the family of a transgender teenager $75,000 in a discrimination lawsuit against a school district that forced the student to use a staff restroom rather than a facility reserved for pupils, reports the Associated Press. Nicole Maines, 17, had won her lawsuit against the Orono school district earlier this year in front of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court, which ruled that the school district had violated the state’s Human Rights Act. The case marked the first time a state’s highest court ruled that a transgender person has the right to use the restroom of the gender with which they identify. time.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Sex is determined by the chromosomes and you frikken know it.
Yes. And I said so.

Everything else is confusion being used as a tool.
So, the lifeguard is a tool?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Chromosomal configuration where, again? Oh, right, in the DNA......

Wrong.

Go home Phage. Yur drunk.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

That's not science. It's agenda-driven psycho-babble, and it is a cancer on real science.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Chromosomal configuration where, again? Oh, right, in the DNA......

Wrong.

Go home Phage. Yur drunk.

A bit. Now.
I wasn't when I wrote that.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join