It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
About a year ago I had predicted something like this would happen. I was even having the conversation with my former boss, owner of Honey Pot in Tampa.

All of his security personnel are armed at Honey Pot and there are only two ways in and two ways out, front door (usually at least one cop there) and back door in the alley...

I just texted him to see what his thoughts are on the issue. Although I doubt he will respond to me today.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
How big is the gay community in Orlando, and is this bar famous, is it a popular spot to hang out, so many questions, my head hurts, so sad that so many lives where destroyed by hatred.

Yes it is one of the most popular and largest gay bars in the area, so seems to me he targeted it

edit on 12-6-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The shooter is from Port St. Lucie which is a fairly long drive from Orlando. I wondering why he targeted that club so far from his home.

Why indeed.

Roughly a 2 hour drive.

Why this club? Locale, strategic, or something else?

To give himself time to hopefully cool down, or to increase his rage?

Love scorned? Perhaps he was gay...

ABC just said he was on the radar for a while but no investigation had been opened into him.

a reply to: Stormdancer777

Yes it is one of the most popular and largest gay bars, so seems to me he targeted it

Good point. One of the largest gay clubs around, so perhaps it was symbolic?
edit on 12-6-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Exactly. I'm inclined to say it probably is, if the bureau is already saying they believe there may be links to radicalization.

Yet for some reason being inclined and wanting more information as opposed to not giving a damn about getting as much information as possible is leftist.

The lulz are strong with this one.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yes, you have the legal definition of terrorism and then you have the people on the ground that experience the unofficial version of terrorism.. I get it. Its not terror until the government tells you it was. 10-4..

link   
a reply to: darkbake

I was expecting a Christian shooter, to be honest. Now leftists have a conflict: gays were targeted and killed by a Muslim.

No conflict - reprehensible regardless

Were you expecting children?

We have a large Muslim population that is vulnerable - and not responsible

I understand that this isn't exactly a major concern for some people

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yeah, I am a dreamer. Guilty as charged.

I want to live in a world where people don't shoot (or otherwise kill/injure) other people, where people are free to be who they can dream of being, where life is precious and not disposable. I want common sense, common courtesy, and common respect for all.

I know we're not there, but dammit! Let me dream!

TheRedneck

Amen!!!!
edit on 12-6-2016 by aimlessly because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
About a year ago I had predicted something like this would happen. I was even having the conversation with my former boss, owner of Honey Pot in Tampa.

All of his security personnel are armed at Honey Pot and there are only two ways in and two ways out, front door (usually at least one cop there) and back door in the alley...

I just texted him to see what his thoughts are on the issue. Although I doubt he will respond to me today.

I heard there was a confrontation between the shooter and a cop but he went back in the bar.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Yeah, some people I just don't want playing on my team.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

i get that and agree and want to dream too. But I'm a realist as well. And the realist sees that the opportunistic vultures, from the media coverage to the any-excuse crowd are already circling and too many people are falling right into the trap. And frankly, that makes me rage. A raging dreamer.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JimBielson

Good, glad you get it finally. Not everything bad is terrorism just because it made you pee your pants.

Now stop your passive aggressive posts. It's scaring me and I think it's an act of terrorism.

See how ludicrous that sounds now? Good.

link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The shooter is from Port St. Lucie which is a fairly long drive from Orlando. I wondering why he targeted that club so far from his home.

Why indeed.

Roughly a 2 hour drive.

Why this club? Locale, strategic, or something else?

To give himself time to hopefully cool down, or to increase his rage?

Love scorned?

ABC just said he was on the radar for a while but no investigation had been opened into him.

a reply to: Stormdancer777

Yes it is one of the most popular and largest gay bars, so seems to me he targeted it

Good point. One of the largest gay clubs around, so perhaps it was symbolic?

This on the radar crap needs to be taken care of, someone needs to take them off the radar

link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Thank you for being some of the reasonable voices in this thread.

Everyone is so eager to blame those they consider their "enemies" and it just makes me sick! This is a horrible tragedy and most people are thinking only of attacking other posters for their perceived political affiliation.

It's apparently politically incorrect to NOT jump to conclusions and call this act "TERRORISM", even though we have no clue yet.
edit on 6/12/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

+5 more 
link   
The vest, the long distance from his home, and the ISIS warning make it seem at the moment more like a potential, planned, international terrorist hit. It seems like to me if it were just a hate crime, he would have gotten a few buddies and just went and beat up some gays.

But killing 50+ people with an AR-15 and a vest on? That sounds planned, even if it was just one shooter. It's true we don't have all the facts yet, but still. That's what it is sounding like to me.

link   
Heavy.com

FBI and PSLPD now on scene at Port St. Lucie home listed for 29-year-old Omar Mateen

worked as a security officer in Port St. Lucie

had a criminal justice degree from a local college.

has concealed carry firearms license in Florida

also a notary public in Florida

edit on 12-6-2016 by oletimer because: (no reason given)

link   
Maybe its time for the world to agree to shut down all gun manufacturers. Mankind will survive OK.

link   
This is now officially the largest mass shooting in American history. So messed up.

edit on 12-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

ISIS is the enemy, this is true. They are Westboro Baptists with an arsenal, an army, excellent self-promotion skills and a socio-economic setting that inspires desperate people to sign on. They are no more representative of Islam as a whole than Westboro is of Christianity as a whole.

Was this guy really part of the ISIS network? Or are they just happy he mass-killed gay Americans? (Unspeakable, what I want to say about that, just unspeakable.)

Personally, I don't know if this was more about ISIS or more about hating gays. Reports are coming in that it was very well thought out, so not a moment of rage. Terroristic Hate Crime? Sounds like as good a lable as I can think of...

What a horror.

ETA - looks like more ties to ISIS being brought out... So yeah, Terroristic Hate Crime
edit on 12-6-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join