It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The issue is not that he was angered, but why he was, and in this case, it was his ideology that brought him there.

It just may be - but you can't possibly know that yet

And even if it's true - there have been individual Christians that have done as much or worse

Why don't we wait for more details - or do you have inside information?

link   
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Isis warnings specifically for Florida?

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I understand not wanting to jump the gun and call it terrorism just because a Muslim pulled the trigger, but I would call it terrorism if a Christian did it as well. I'm not sure if others would, though. It is being investigated as an act of terrorism according to the news.

ter·ror·ism ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

edit on 12amSun, 12 Jun 2016 09:54:19 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I just don't think it was the time or the place. Have your own presser.

link   

originally posted by: JimBielson
If someone comes in and spays a machine gun into a crowd I think it goes without saying people are going to be terrified.

I agree completely! I was using the word in the "official" sense of the word. Would you please leave my language alone??? Get off my back. What I call this incident is irrelevant and none of your business.

originally posted by: ketsuko
Radical Muslims get angry about that sort of thing

So do Christians...

I'm withholding judgment. I know a lot of you don't know what that looks like, but I'm not in the habit of jumping to conclusions like you all are.

edit on 6/12/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I believe your quoting Obama's White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel. The Democrats would know.

edit on 12-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thank the Patriot Act for this. Looking at someone funny counts as terrorism now. Because if it's terrorism it's a carte blanche excuse for bad retaliatory behavior, spanning the entire spectrum of taking away due process and your rights and giving you the go-ahead to hate other people who aren't exactly like you, dontcha know?

link   
Cant say im surprised... this is the tip of the iceberg imho... this is what happens when you take in the wrong type of people.... oh well.... sorry for not being PC.

I love you America.... RIP

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Radical Muslims get angry about that sort of thing

So do Christians...

I'm withholding judgment. I know a lot of you don't know what that looks like, but I'm not in the habit of jumping to conclusions like you all are.

I was expecting a Christian shooter, to be honest. Now leftists have a conflict: gays were targeted and killed by a Muslim.
edit on 12amSun, 12 Jun 2016 09:56:01 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

link   
Terrible tragedy and loss of life.

R.I.P.

What a wicked world we live in. Hurts my heart, it really does.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Im a fan of unlcensed carry. Unfortunately, with it being a bar....even with a license (in Texas, anyway), no one would have been able to protect themselves.

At least 'not legally', right?

I'm wondering if there was a cop in there ... and if he was trying to take out the shooter ... if the off-duty cop was breaking Florida law.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Holy crap! This is what I wake up to? 50 people murdered, 50 people injured, blood everywhere, hate crime, act of terrorism, state of emergency, shooter killed.

May the shooter forever be tormented. May he forever suffer and never rest.

As for the innocent, may the dance like no ones watching in Heaven. RIP.

What an awful story. I'm blown away by this.

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: JimBielson

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
The shooter's father said he was very angered seeing two men kiss a while ago... This was a gay night club. I haven't heard anything to suggest that this is a terrorist attack. More likely, a hate crime. Hate is at an all0time high.

Really? You dont call this terrorism? What the hell is terrorism in your opinion? What is wrong with you?

Do we really need to define terrorism for the four millionth time on ats? Not every violent crime is an act of terrorism.

Terrorism is what it is. And it is not what it is not.

Muslim + gun + deaths does not always equal an act of terror. Does it often times? Yea. Which is not the same as always.

Oddly enough, some folks on here need more than "Muslim killed people" to deem it an act of terror. Weird, I know. But it happens.

Wow, I just cant believe what I am reading here today. If this were exactly what some desire what they really want it to be he would be called a Terrorist all day long and the NRA, Trump and the American Flag would all be symbols of terrorism.

"Terrorism is what it is. And it is not what it is not?" If that's not double speak from the left, I dont know what is.

link   
a reply to: combatmaster

He was an American citizen, guess we shouldn't allow them to be born.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I'm still waiting for more verification on those comments... They don't make a lot of sense to me. If I wanted to go nuts and kill a bunch of people, I can't see myself driving that far in a fit of anger, ignoring every other target, until I got to this specific one.

I don't think it had to do with religion totally, either. Something is not adding up here. This was targeted, planned out, with exit strategy (as impotent as it turned out to be). We're missing something and I can't put my finger on it.

TheRedneck

link   
This is truly a sad event. So many families are having a tragic/life altering day.

I see reports that ISIS is congratulating the event on their twitter. This is scary, because it could lead to more of this type of attack.

I hope the US Muslim leaders strongly condemn this.

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
What difference does what inspired this horrific crime make?

To try and not have this type of tragedy repeat itself.

TheRedneck

You're a dreamer, aren't you? We do very little, in fact almost absolutely nothing, to address what is really causing horrific incidents to happen, no matter what the underlying cause. We just turn into deniers and turn a blind eye to or actions that incite and outright cause them. But, hey, opportunistic scum are very, very good at using them.

link   
Why the long distance?

Why that particular club?

Why did they use an explosive device knowing there was a possibility of explosives inside?

Why such a long response time?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I'm pretty familiar with how it's defined.

"Wanting to kill gays" is not in and of itself a political aim. It's wanting to kill gays for being gay. Killing gays in retaliation for gay marriage being legalized would be terrorism.

My point didn't really have much to do with Muslim or Christian or Aztec or anything else like that, but was intended to point out that violent crime is violent crime, regardless of etymology of the offender's name. It takes more than that to meet the legal definition of terrorism, regardless of how people choose to define it in the media or on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join