It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: ketsuko
Radical Muslims get angry about that sort of thing

So do Christians...

I'm withholding judgment. I know a lot of you don't know what that looks like, but I'm not in the habit of jumping to conclusions like you all are.

I was expecting a Christian shooter, to be honest. Now leftists have a conflict: gays were targeted and killed by a Muslim.

Hate is hate, whatever ideology it is wrapped in.

+4 more 
link   
I'm a gay male living in Tampa Bay. I've met the owners of Pulse before when they came to Honey Pot (gay club in Tampa I used to be a photographer for).

A friend of a friend informed me that their friends went to Pulse last night and that they have still not heard from them and they aren't posting on their social media either.

Just from having gathered all the details I believe this to be a case of homegrown terrorism. We will have to wait and see.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Isis warnings specifically for Florida?

Oh my,

link   
Are these photos of the shooter in this ISIS twitter post?

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

ETA: I guess not, different name.
edit on 6/12/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
A needless waste of life. Condolences to all involved.

It is time we all work together, as one, and find and eradicate the source of this madness. With finality.

link   
The shooter is from Port St. Lucie which is a fairly long drive from Orlando. I wondering why he targeted that club so far from his home.

link   
How big is the gay community in Orlando, and is this bar famous, is it a popular spot to hang out, so many questions, my head hurts, so sad that so many lives where destroyed by hatred.
edit on 12-6-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

link   
Leave it to ATS and similar sites to jump to way too many conclusions before even the police and FBI have a fraction of the facts. These threads created directly after tragedies occur (or even while they are still unfolding), are full of misinformation, misdirected hate, political mumbo-jumbo and tremendous leaps of logic. How about waiting until the facts are revealed before assuming a certain type of person of a particular political leaning committed a crime for a specific reason.

I will say this - somewhat in relation to this event, this goes to show how the massive invasion of your privacy on the Internet and via your cell phone, obviously isn't completing the supposed purpose given behind it. This act of terror or hate, whatever it is.. still occurred. Building a 1 mile long data center (the Domestic Surveillance Directorate) doesn't seem like it was worth the time, money, and loss of our freedoms. I'd like to hear further justification of such data gathering, after events like this unfold. You create all these programs directed at mass data collection to supposedly protect against terrorism.. and this event shows you how pointless it is.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JimBielson

Shamrock is not exactly a leftist.

I'm inclined to agree that it is an act of Islamic terrorism.

Muslims tend to hate gays far more than most other people and are more willing to act on that hatred, especially in the Middle East.

That said, gay people have had, historically, more to fear from straight American(Christian) men than any Muslim. Matthew Shepard's case comes to mind.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Safety, security is an illusion.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

The Gay community on Orlando is probably the biggest in FL. Last weekend was Gay Days at Disney.

It's times like this that I remember and am grateful for not being involved in the Gay Club Scene.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimBielson

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: JimBielson

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
The shooter's father said he was very angered seeing two men kiss a while ago... This was a gay night club. I haven't heard anything to suggest that this is a terrorist attack. More likely, a hate crime. Hate is at an all0time high.

Really? You dont call this terrorism? What the hell is terrorism in your opinion? What is wrong with you?

Do we really need to define terrorism for the four millionth time on ats? Not every violent crime is an act of terrorism.

Terrorism is what it is. And it is not what it is not.

Muslim + gun + deaths does not always equal an act of terror. Does it often times? Yea. Which is not the same as always.

Oddly enough, some folks on here need more than "Muslim killed people" to deem it an act of terror. Weird, I know. But it happens.

Wow, I just cant believe what I am reading here today. If this were exactly what some desire what they really want it to be he would be called a Terrorist all day long and the NRA, Trump and the American Flag would all be symbols of terrorism.

"Terrorism is what it is. And it is not what it is not?" If that's not double speak from the left, I dont know what is.

It always makes me spew my coffee out when somebody calls me a lefty. You must be utterly unfamiliar with my post history. Our resident lefties would be mortified to see you trying to lump me in with them.

Understanding the legal definition of terrorism and what it requires to fulfill that definition doesn't make me a lefty, bub. Not everything is terrorism and not everything is a reason to hate Muslims, as much as you may want it to be.

This may wind up being an act of terrorism. Or it may not. Not wanting to call it a day when I'm not involved in the investigation and am reading everything piece by piece on the web isn't being a lefty. It's waiting for facts to come to light.

You should try it some time.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yeah, I am a dreamer. Guilty as charged.

I want to live in a world where people don't shoot (or otherwise kill/injure) other people, where people are free to be who they can dream of being, where life is precious and not disposable. I want common sense, common courtesy, and common respect for all.

I know we're not there, but dammit! Let me dream!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I cannot begin to fathom the mindset of a monster that would even attempt this.

This world is sick and disgusting

link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: ketsuko
Radical Muslims get angry about that sort of thing

So do Christians...

I'm withholding judgment. I know a lot of you don't know what that looks like, but I'm not in the habit of jumping to conclusions like you all are.

leftists have a conflict: gays were targeted and killed by a Muslim.

*If that's true*, I agree and said as much earlier on in the thread. Can't make this up. If the facts are true, as presented so far, and it has to do more with religion than hate, it's invariably going to shake up the election narrative. Some who are more moderate left might be swayed.

edit on 6/12/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

link   
What you call this incident is my business unless there are T&C violations for responding to a post I disagree with. Leave your language alone?

You are being unreasonable. This was terrorism by its very definition, official or not. You have the official narrative and then you have your main street definition. No matter what Obama or his minions say, to every logical American in this country this was the very definition of Terrorism.

White, Black, Brown, Straight, LGBT, Binary, Christian, Muslim, ect.. Whoever did it was a terrorist officially or unofficially.. It was a TERRORIST ATTACK plain and simple. Get your mind around it.
edit on 12-6-2016 by JimBielson because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2016 by JimBielson because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: darkbake

I agree!

The crime seems (from what I've heard) to fit the FBI's definition of domestic terrorism AND

it seems (from what I've heard) to also fit the FBI's definition of a hate crime.

Because the suspect's parents were not citizens and of Islamic faith (think I heard that) but he was a citizen and of Islamic faith it is still a terroristic, so far the evidence concludes, IMO. I would say the same had it been a Christian. Robert Dear should have been charged with domestic terrorism although he was charged with murder and susequently sentenced to a mental health facility. (off topic, I know)

I guess what I'm trying to say is terrorism is terrorism regardless of who commits it.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I've recently posted some thoughts on consequences ... and specifically what happens when there are none.

The shooter had a problem with the LGBT community and acted.

Will there be consequences? Or is this going to be blamed on guns ... while another 'gay club' is coming into the crosshairs?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I like the way that ATS discusses events as they are unfolding. We usually have a much more rounded, investigative type discussion with information gathered from many sources, including experts on here.

Would you rather we just wait for the MSM spin on events, and accept their reality as fact? That would not be denying ignorance

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join