It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: carewemust

So, let me make sure I understand you. Are you saying not enough people were killed? The killing only stopped when someone else showed up with weapons.

I'm sure I'm misinterpreting your statement...

TheRedneck

Yes, your misinterpreting it. I said that the 50 killed is just a piece of the overall killing pie that occurs every day on this planet. You get rid of the instruments that hurl the bullets, and you reduce the number of murders significantly.

I haven't checked the latest news, but I'm sure we've had a few murders by gun here in Chicago this weekend.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Nightclubs seem to be a favorite target for Islamic terrorists. I'm thinking about the horrific Bali nightclub massacre a few years ago, and most recently the Paris nightclub shooting.

Islamist hate this lifestyle evidently and add the element of homosexuality to it, and their hatred goes up several notches.

These people have mass psychotic behaviors. When you add extreme fanaticism to an already creepy religious ideology, violent things happen.

IMO, this man may have been born on our soil to Afghan parents, but his loyalty is not to America and our values. It is with the creepy fanatical religion that tells him all infidels must die.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JimBielson

If we don't use the same definition for words, and we, instead, make up our own definitions, we can't communicate effectively. What you're doing is EVERY BIT as bad as those who insist others use "special" words to be politically correct.

Did these people experience terror? Absolutely! But that is not the only criteria for "terrorism". If that were the case, then every person who is shot, robbed, raped, or in a bad accident would be considered victims of "terrorism", because you can bet your ass, they were terrified.

But you are not the language police. I will choose my own words and some of them, you may consider to be politically incorrect. Tough #.

link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The shooter is from Port St. Lucie which is a fairly long drive from Orlando. I wondering why he targeted that club so far from his home.

Why indeed.

Roughly a 2 hour drive.

Why this club? Locale, strategic, or something else?

To give himself time to hopefully cool down, or to increase his rage?

Love scorned?

ABC just said he was on the radar for a while but no investigation had been opened into him.

a reply to: Stormdancer777

Yes it is one of the most popular and largest gay bars, so seems to me he targeted it

Good point. One of the largest gay clubs around, so perhaps it was symbolic?

This on the radar crap needs to be taken care of, someone needs to take them off the radar

But how?

I don't know but this can't be allowed to continue, if someone is on their radar, then they should do something, anything,

How? By denying those rights so many here often rant about? Convicting thought crimes? This is one of those costs of freedom.

link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I was responding to this:

What difference does what inspired this horrific crime make?

I apologize if I misunderstood you.

TheRedneck

+2 more 
link   

Criminals will always find weapons. If you ban guns, only law abiding people will not have guns.

And... regarding to your response, this shooter WAS a security officer, according to reports.
He had a "Security Officer License". So, according to the comment above, he was one who would still have had a weapon.

People have the right to defend themselves. If people in that club had guns, this could have been avoided.

Source

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Actually I was up when all this started the networks and the authorities took ages to get a handle on it Orlando is the tourist capital of America and is an obvious target to me preparation wasn't there,there will be many lessons to learn.

link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: pirhanna

originally posted by: yuppa
OH i know some here on ATS will be dancing in the streets over the death of Gay people and transgenders.

Yep, there it is. *see my previous post*

You have atsers mistaken for ISIS and extreme Islamists. Bad form on that post.

Did i say ISIS or islamist? No i did not. Bad form accussing me of that.
I can send you a link to a thread that if you saw would justify my post. Ill be vague here.. Its about transgender bathrooms and over protective parents. Its against TnC for me to name the poster so i wont.

No, you accused ats users of dancing in the street (not happening) and a completely errant "the white supremicist did it!" which was a hoax.

I dont defend any ethnic supremecy, just fyi (as thats a crazy pov). Its bad form to make stuff up for political points within a few min of a massacre. That shouldnt even need to be said but apparently it needs to be.

I didnt say anything about a white supremacist. Also I didnt want any points or anything you speak of. i KNOW there are some who are celebrating this action.(that church especially) I didnt mean LITERALLY dancing in the streets btw. Its a figure of speech isnt it?

+7 more 
link   
My friend who is a Bartender at HP here in Tampa just confirmed that his friends whom are employees at Pulse made it out safely.

link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: JimBielson

I don't get it? What was his political aim? So far it looks like hate crime and nothing else.

That's the definition you know, it's terrorism if there's a political agenda behind it.
This was just one sick a-hole full of hate.

Afraid not. People that have done lesser crimes have been tried with terrorism crimes.

Come on people! Put yourself in the shoes of the victims and tell me this wasn't terror. Do you really need a definition from the government? Do you really want to be sheep and go along with what DHS says? They have their version. The people on the ground at this club had theirs.

Ask any survivors if they weren't terrified. This incident defines what terrorism is. If not, I am living the wrong reality.

link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Here is a video on Liveleak of shots being fired inside the club. It's not hard to imagine how many people died.

A Third Angle from Orlando Pulse Shooting

link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: combatmaster

He was an American citizen, guess we shouldn't allow them to be born.

Correct.... he should have been born in his own country, namely Afghanistan, and his parents never should've been allowed to live in the USA.

Again.... political correctness is a disease, its not your fault!

Let's be honest for the last 2 decades Christians have been having to leave the Middle East and seek asylum in other countries because of the radicalism taking over their homeland.

For instance a few friends of mine are Assyrian(Iraqi) christians who had to leave Iraq due to religious persecution.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

And what is sad is they said this guy was supposedly on their radar.. and this still occurred. It makes all the programs designed to take away everyone's privacy and freedoms all the more pointless.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
50 people?? I don't care what firearm you have, this seems fishy. Not saying it didn't happen. But as to WHO did it.

iTruthSeeker

Why does it seem fishy to you?

Hundreds of people in tight groups running around in chaos when the shooting starts doesn't make it hard to imagine that many people died.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I had thoughts that maybe he targeted this club because he had been there... But I wasn't going to mention it. Glad you did.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
For any of you anti-gun folk, weapons are easily purchased illegally. I think the murderer in this scenario also purchased an illegal gun, since the FBI has been monitoring him for a while (they would have not allowed him to own a gun).

Go ahead and take away everyones gun rights.
It won't stop criminals like this one from buying firearms via illegal means or black market. Only thing it will do is lower the amount of people that can potentially end a crime before it gets bad or begins.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

There is no way to remove ALL weapons. To do so, you would have to remove the knowledge of how to make them. Anyone with the right tools can make a firearm out of steel, carbon, potash, and etc. All of these are either needed for other items or naturally formed.

You can only remove weapons from those who allow it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The shooter is from Port St. Lucie which is a fairly long drive from Orlando. I wondering why he targeted that club so far from his home.

Why indeed.

Roughly a 2 hour drive.

Why this club? Locale, strategic, or something else?

To give himself time to hopefully cool down, or to increase his rage?

Love scorned?

ABC just said he was on the radar for a while but no investigation had been opened into him.

Yes it is one of the most popular and largest gay bars, so seems to me he targeted it

Good point. One of the largest gay clubs around, so perhaps it was symbolic?

This on the radar crap needs to be taken care of, someone needs to take them off the radar

But how?

I don't know but this can't be allowed to continue, if someone is on their radar, then they should do something, anything,

How? By denying those rights so many here often rant about? Convicting thought crimes? This is one of those costs of freedom.

I know, so I guess we will see more slaughtered.

They use our rights and freedoms against us

edit on 12-6-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

link   

There is no way to remove ALL weapons. To do so, you would have to remove the knowledge of how to make them. Anyone with the right tools can make a firearm out of steel, carbon, potash, and etc. All of these are either needed for other items or naturally formed.

You can only remove weapons from those who allow it.

TheRedneck

link   
Double post

TheRedneck

edit on 6/12/2016 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join