It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
over 50 dead. I cannot believe it...

link   
Proactive solutions?

Banning a religion
Registering those that worship Islam
Banning guns

Basically, no solutions can prevent this. It has happened, it will happen again.

This is the world we live in. It's not a nice place.

link   
Another democrat mass shooter.
Check this page before its wiped off the web.
www.everipedia.com...

twitter.com...
twitter.com...
edit on 12-6-2016 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: JimBielson
Really? You dont call this terrorism?

I don't call it anything until I find out what happened. So back off!

If someone comes in and spays a machine gun into a crowd I think it goes without saying people are going to be terrified. 50 people dead is terrorism no matter how you see it. Deny Ignorance!

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The shooter's father said he was very angered seeing two men kiss a while ago... And that he didn't think it had anything to do with religion... This was a gay night club. I haven't heard anything to suggest that this is a terrorist attack. More likely, a hate crime. Hate is at an all-time high.

Well of course he was angered. Radical Muslims get angry about that sort of thing just like the mother who burned her daughter alive was angered because she dishonored the family by marrying agianst their will.

The issue is not that he was angered, but why he was, and in this case, it was his ideology that brought him there.

And of course, he did not simply kill gays. He killed everyone in the place. Or were there ONLY gay people in there? This was terrorism.
edit on 12-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Liquesence

More like religion...Worst killer in history...

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

How about legal open carry everywhere, all the time.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
They are talking about how shook up the officers were, how could he have shot so many?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I'm glad to see him make a statement. How many times have we heard "If it's a religion of peace, where are the denouncers?"

Any attempt to prevent snowballing anger towards the non-violent Muslim community is a good thing. We lost 50 souls today. Let's not add to that total.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Because there were 2 shooters...just look at the eye witness reports...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I agree

link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

With bullets? If you are in a small area you can do lots of damage.

link   
I'll check to see if anyone else pointed this out, but it was a gay nightclub and the gunman was targeting gays.

Mass Casualties After Gunman Opens Fire in Gay Club

link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Pundits are now calling this the largest mass shooting in American history... but again, let's just ignore the elephant in the room.

They are calling it that because it's an accurate description of what happened.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
They are talking about how shook up the officers were, how could he have shot so many?

One has to wonder how many if any were killed by SWAT when they stormed the place. Was it a free for all? I'm not saying that happened but one has to speculate about the decisions that were made when they went in.

link   
a reply to: introvert

That could very well—and seems— be true.

So he went to the nightclub, as usual, with a rifle and a pistol, or he went home after seeing this kissing, got the guns, and returned.

However, the initial reply was in response to the comment about the elephant in the room, not motivation.

edit on 12-6-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

link   
Man this is just messed up. NBC now calling this "The worst mass shooting in US history," with at least 50 dead. Drudge now has death count at 50+.

Regardless, it is a sad day.

Judging from what the father said, it appears the guy was pissed when he saw two men kissing. This might be both a hate crime and terrorism.
edit on Sun Jun 12th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
What difference does what inspired this horrific crime make?

Does the reason give us an excuse to increase bombing in some foreign land? To attack an entire religion or vilify an entire class of people seeking a peaceful, better life? To continue to ignore our own many faults and behaviors as a nation, nay, as humans, in choosing to continually divide and not unite, to hate and not to love, to belittle and not help?

Sadness for victims and the families. And sadness for the thousands if not millions of victims yet to come from this. Nothing else really matters.

link   

originally posted by: Signals
a reply to: DBCowboy

How about legal open carry everywhere, all the time.

That would be a workable solution.

About the only workable solution.

link   

originally posted by: JimBielson

The shooter's father said he was very angered seeing two men kiss a while ago... This was a gay night club. I haven't heard anything to suggest that this is a terrorist attack. More likely, a hate crime. Hate is at an all0time high.

Really? You dont call this terrorism? What the hell is terrorism in your opinion? What is wrong with you?

Do we really need to define terrorism for the four millionth time on ats? Not every violent crime is an act of terrorism.

Terrorism is what it is. And it is not what it is not.

Muslim + gun + deaths does not always equal an act of terror. Does it often times? Yea. Which is not the same as always.

Oddly enough, some folks on here need more than "Muslim killed people" to deem it an act of terror. Weird, I know. But it happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join