It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JimBielson

Being gay is no political statement. This was one # head getting agitated because he saw two men kissing.
So how one earth is this terrorism? Mass murder out of hate.
Good thing the prick is dead.

link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I didn't say ban the sale of guns. I said ban the MANUFACTURING of guns. Treat guns like EBOLA. Eventually, this will happen, unless people become emotionally dulled by these events. That's happening in Chicago now. No more headlines for the weekend killings. Just par for the course it seems.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Either or thinking :/

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I'm sure it was very terrorizing for the victims.

Just as rape is terrorizing. As is armed robbery. And murder. And attempted murder. And kidnapping.

Apply your logic and reasoning to the fact (not hyperbole, actual fact) that something being scary does not make it terrorism. Using the US Code definition of terrorism and the crime of terrorism does not make me a sheep or a lefty or whatever other cute name you want to try and throw at me.

Not calling everything scary "terrorism" does not make me a lefty or a sheep or whatever other name you want to try and apply to me. It means I understand there's a difference between legitimate acts of terrorism and the all too trendy trope of applying the terrorism label at every last little thing that happens.

And again, this may well turn out to be an ACTUAL act of terrorism. Nothing I've said can be taken, without extraordinary levels of twisting and spinning, as somehow me saying this is definitely not terrorism.

Information is good.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Here is a video on Liveleak of shots being fired inside the club. It's not hard to imagine how many people died.

A Third Angle from Orlando Pulse Shooting

that is horrific.

link   
a reply to: opethPA

Glad you pointed that out. The answer is because a moving target is hard to hit. I don't want to get into details but that's not an easy feat. So that does beg the question of who. Was he trained? Who/where did he receive training? If done above board, who was he trained with? etc etc

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: carewemust

So, let me make sure I understand you. Are you saying not enough people were killed? The killing only stopped when someone else showed up with weapons.

I'm sure I'm misinterpreting your statement...

TheRedneck

Yes, your misinterpreting it. I said that the 50 killed is just a piece of the overall killing pie that occurs every day on this planet. You get rid of the instruments that hurl the bullets, and you reduce the number of murders significantly.

I haven't checked the latest news, but I'm sure we've had a few murders by gun here in Chicago this weekend.

That kind of thinking is just plain wrong. When you can flip a switch and turn off all criminal behaviors and suddenly make all people loving and benevolent, then law-abiding citizens wouldn't need firearms to protect themselves.

I'm sick of the stupid idea that banning guns will flip the switch.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

IMO, this man may have been born on our soil to Afghan parents, but his loyalty is not to America and our values. It is with the creepy fanatical religion that tells him all infidels must die.

This is one of my biggest issues in TODAYS world with the arm wide open approach to how we deal with immigration.

In the 1950's, 60's and 70's sure no problem but today's world is becoming for radical, polarized in ways that are becoming less predictable and America is under attack physically and financially.

Our intelligence agencies have done a great job thus far and being on what's essentially an island helped.

But it's not going to last forever and we need to wake up.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Just the mass manufacturing of guns. Treat them like Nukes. You make them, but they only reach the desired authorities. I can do without my shotgun. Have hunted enough over the years.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The shooter is from Port St. Lucie which is a fairly long drive from Orlando. I wondering why he targeted that club so far from his home.

Why indeed.

Roughly a 2 hour drive.

Why this club? Locale, strategic, or something else?

To give himself time to hopefully cool down, or to increase his rage?

Love scorned?

ABC just said he was on the radar for a while but no investigation had been opened into him.

a reply to: Stormdancer777

Yes it is one of the most popular and largest gay bars, so seems to me he targeted it

Good point. One of the largest gay clubs around, so perhaps it was symbolic?

This on the radar crap needs to be taken care of, someone needs to take them off the radar

But how?

I don't know but this can't be allowed to continue, if someone is on their radar, then they should do something, anything,

That's the thing, though.

Either our current laws and procedures are inadequate in the absence of real proof, or we violate people's rights also in the absence of real proof. Apparently he *was* an American citizen.

We don't yet know what information they had on this guy, so it's all speculation. If it turns out there *was* enough verifiable information to do something and they didn't, they that's on the authorities. If they didn't have enough information to legally do anything, then there is a break in the system, so perhaps we should make it easier to legally do something even when there is an absence of proof?

If anything he should have been monitored more closely. But how closely, and would that have prevented this?

That's where I was going.

I have no idea.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Eola still exists.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I think that this will cause a run on gun purchases.
I'm sure that concealed license applications will also sky rocket in the coming weeks.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: TheRedneck

Just the mass manufacturing of guns. Treat them like Nukes. You make them, but they only reach the desired authorities. I can do without my shotgun. Have hunted enough over the years.

Geeze! Then do without your shotgun if you want to. The right to keep and bear arms has absolutely ZERO to do with hunting.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

If it turns out(and it really looks like he is) a muslim, I pretty much think its not a lone wolf and absolutely will blame ISIS. If youa re a peaceful Muslim and want your religion to be that, stand up against this representation of your religion. Stand against ISIS. Don't let that growing and rather large faction of your religion to make it the religion of hate, death and destruction.

If it turns out to be a white redneck Christian, well, then it won't be blamed on Islam. My guess is that its a jihad though. Like the rest as of late.

Right now our country just sucks it thumb and pulls the covers over their collective heads and pretends none of this is happening.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Great point, I wouldn`t worry about the muslim terrorists.In the U.S. we have homegrown thugs and terrorists who kill a lot more people everyday than muslim terrorist do.
put it in perspective, how many people were killed in the U.S. last night? How many are killed in the U.S. on any saturday night? How many were killed last week in the U.S.? a lot more than 50 and they were killed by homegrown thugs,criminals and terrorist.
This nightclub massacre is a one off but we have an epidemic of massacres happening every night,every week, every month in america by homegrown murderers,where is the outrage over that? it`s become so common place that the media doesn`t even report most of them.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: llpoolej

Well, what kind of weapon was he using how did he get it is there known communication with any network?

Who is he friends with where did he practice what about his family?

The important questions that need to be answered before assuming ISIS.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

If we don't use the same definition for words, and we, instead, make up our own definitions, we can't communicate effectively. What you're doing is EVERY BIT as bad as those who insist others use "special" words to be politically correct.

Did these people experience terror? Absolutely! But that is not the only criteria for "terrorism". If that were the case, then every person who is shot, robbed, raped, or in a bad accident would be considered victims of "terrorism", because you can bet your ass, they were terrified.

But you are not the language police. I will choose my own words and some of them, you may consider to be politically incorrect. Tough #.

I am far from the language police but comparing this to a stabbing, or some other brutal crime is disingenuous at best and IMO totally absurd.. I just don't understand those that continue to deny this was anything but terrorism. It fits the profile and by now we all know the motive even if you want to deny it.

I just don't see it as logical to not call this what it is but fine. You will call it workplace violence, a hate crime, ect.. In the end I suspect those that lost their lives and those now destroyed families will call it what it really is.

It was an attack on our way of life in this country. That was the purpose even if some want to deny it. I call it Terrorism.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join