It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama city: Use bathrooms matching biological sex or face 6 months in jail.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: dawnstar

My son's all hated me bringing them into the ladies room when they were kids. I didn't feel safe sending a six year old into the men's room alone. On the occasions when I did, I stood at the door talking to them the whole time. Everything ok in there buddy? Don't forget to wash your hands...if a man went in after my boy I'd really lay it on. Hurry up kiddo we don't have all day.
Kind of letting the guy know someone is watching out for that kid in there so don't try anything funny.

Next time I see a man bringing his daughter into the men's room I'm calling the cops......

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: FaunaOrFlora
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

And now instead of dressing like women to access women's rooms all a deviant guy has to do now is become a pee pee police and he gets to stare at all the vaginas he wants to all day long.

How so?

Is he lying in the floor?

How absurd.

I think you took what I said the wrong way. Try calming down and reread.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

And every time a woman is seen in public with kids , maybe the cops should be called for possible child abduction.

Being petty isn't going to solve the issue.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: gladtobehere

I dont think its an unreasonable expectation for women to know that they can enter a restroom without fear of there being a man or men in there, even if he is dressed like a woman (which is probably even more disturbing).
But law says a woman (according to birth certificate) cannot use the mens' room either.

Why would they? It can be nasty in there.

Why?
When was the last time you saw anyone's parts in a restroom?

I have the runs. The mens' toilets are all taken (or vice versa). Guess I have to let loose in the hallway or be arrested even if there is no one in the womens' room. Oh, wait.

Have you had this problem before? You should probably change your diet. If not, then are you gonna go out of your way to make it happen to prove your point? Grab a camera if this does ever happen, I'd be curious to hear what you say to the ladies in there.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Are you pro-gun?

Then you should be on the "liberal" side of this issue.

After all, criminals (e.g. rapists and so forth) don't care about the law and would do their illegal stuff anyway. Same argument I always hear for why gun restriction is bad, at least. All you're trying to do is punish law-abiding citizens whom you don't like or think are weird and/or sick in the head, no?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Why did we have to know?

This all started in the schools with children and in the high schools and junior highs with locker rooms. It has since flooded out into larger society.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

And now instead of dressing like women to access women's rooms all a deviant guy has to do now is become a pee pee police and he gets to stare at all the vaginas he wants to all day long.

How so?

Is he lying in the floor?

How absurd.

I think you took what I said the wrong way. Try calming down and reread.

LOL ... you don't like a response and the other poster is automatically upset?

Do they still call that "projection"?

The whole matter is silly. Let's keep our eyes and hands to ourselves and we'll all be okay!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust
This law is such a joke. Law enforcement forces across the board are stretched thin as it is. There is no way they have the man power to assign a Potty Patrol. Not only that, no business establishment is going to take on the liability of allowing their employees or security team to run genital checks on those wanting to use the restroom.

Of course it's a joke.

For one, THIS is the process by which it would happen:

Enforcement of the misdemeanor will be the same as other misdemeanor city laws. A person would have to call police to complain, when police arrive the officer would have to witness the crime. After that, a person’s information is gathered and the person who called in the complaint would have to sign out a warrant, according to Partridge.

And someone in that Alabama town will do JUST that, although I can't see a cop rushing to the restroom to catch the offender (or actually, maybe I can. Perhaps crime is light in that town). Potty patrols, it is.

Need to use the restroom? Your papers please.

I guess those post-op folks who have not had their BC changed (if they are legally able depending on where they're from) they are SOL in that town.

THAT is a problem, when a post-op is legally NOT able to use a public restroom in this town.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Store policy doesn't mean anything... The most they can do if you violate it usually is just kick you out.. That is not much of a deterrent.

iTruthSeeker

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Small government!

Following you all the way into the restroom.

So, are you suggesting that separate women's and men's bathrooms are a relic of the past? Do you think men should be allowed to use women's locker rooms and showers?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Sigh. How's the humor-ectomy these days?

You think bigotry is funny?

So now separate locker rooms/showers/bathrooms for men and women are a form of bigotry? REALLY? You've all done lost your minds. Are you saying we should just have unisex bathrooms/locker rooms and boys and girls should dress, shower and poop together?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
1) The NC Law, was drafted and mostly fought for by a convicted sex offender. Just as a side note

2) Liberals are claiming this is hypocrisy, as "limited government' should not be investigating bathrooms for gender accuracy.

Well....this LAW was drafted by Liberals, when no law before existed. If a trans person looked enough like the opposite gender, nobody would have KNOWN...in the FIRST place. But there needed to be a LAW right? Because that's what Liberals do best.

3) The LAW also includes shower facilities, locker rooms, and bathrooms connected to such. The NC law was NOT just about toilets or stalls. A lot of people leave that part conveniently out, or aren't aware in the first place. The law could just as well be called "The Shower Law"...

4) The concern about such laws aren't the Trans People themselves. It's for sexual predators. Who before, when caught, would be prosecuted. But now can make an argument that they were in bathrooms and SHOWER facilities, because they were there as a "Trans-Woman". Which will no doubt encourage more to seek out this cover story. Because sexual predators DO that.

So congrats Liberals. Where there was no LAW previously, you give cover for those looking for every INCH to get close to underage children, who obsess on the idea every waking minute of their life.

This is not ABOUT authentic Transsexuals.

5) Lastly, if gender is so fluid, and it doesn't matter who goes to the bathroom where, then why have signs separating the genders to begin with? Is it okay if the "trans woman" looks like a man because she doesn't have the money for treatment? Are we going to make another law that states you must LOOK like a fully feminized woman?

What if someone still has facial hair, a penis, an Adam's Apple, balding. Are you going to feel okay about it then?

Because if that is the case, you're peeing in the stall next to a MALE. And what would be the sense of gender specific bathrooms after that???

See where this is going?

edit on 659am3109America/Chicago15CDT09America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

This is not ABOUT authentic Transsexuals.

Yes. Yes it is. Of course it is. It can't not be.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

My son's all hated me bringing them into the ladies room when they were kids. I didn't feel safe sending a six year old into the men's room alone. On the occasions when I did, I stood at the door talking to them the whole time. Everything ok in there buddy? Don't forget to wash your hands...if a man went in after my boy I'd really lay it on. Hurry up kiddo we don't have all day.
Kind of letting the guy know someone is watching out for that kid in there so don't try anything funny.

Exactly me

He's 8. Still make him come in ladies room with me.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Phage

A few years back we pulled into a rest stop for an urgent nature call. The line for the ladies room was out the door but the men's room was empty.
Uh huh. They have sit down units in there too.

Yes I have.

More then once.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Why would anyone be surprised by this??

It's Alabama...Not exactly the most progressive state in the union.

Not anywhere I'd want to live, either. My take on this is that this little BS town wants it's name in the news.

Bathroomgate is just nonsense. If a pervy pedophile wants to get at your kids, they'll do so. Bathroom laws do not make a bit of difference in the matter.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Annee

You're right it isn't, but "Vaping in the Gender-Neutral Bathroom" just doesn't have much of a ring to it.

I'm sure you would have been totally happy having any of the hair band gang in the bathroom with you daughters though.

Is this just ignorance in not understanding what transgender is?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I just do not understand this thinking...

Is it because some people believe that the majority of men are pedophiles, or?

I just do not get it, sorry.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Annee

You're right it isn't, but "Vaping in the Gender-Neutral Bathroom" just doesn't have much of a ring to it.

I'm sure you would have been totally happy having any of the hair band gang in the bathroom with you daughters though.

Is this just ignorance in not understanding what transgender is?

No.

It is a joke.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
It made me angry for hours afterwards and still angers me when I think about it, not that the person was using a male restroom but that they had to suffer the indignity of doing so. I cannot begin to fathom how they felt.

But, a cross dresser would use the men's room.

A man who likes wearing women's clothing is not the same as a transgender.

Between his ears he still sees himself as a man.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join