It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama city: Use bathrooms matching biological sex or face 6 months in jail.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I know what we need!! body scanners at every restroom! radiation cures all social ills ya know, given enough of it!

I do believe target started this with their "family" dressing rooms?? the key word being "family", which in this day and age, with more fathers taking a bigger role in their children's lives, well, you'd think that they'd appreciate being given the same courtesy as moms are when it comes to caring and looking after their kids in public places.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
i know a sure way to fix this, make toilets open, no problems.
make the law anybody caught in the act of any kind of sexual act given a top of 15 bottom of 7.
and placed on the registered sex offenders list. sure thats a stinger of a sentence but hey,
it will ensure that the only persons using the toilet really, really want to be there.
edit on 1-5-2016 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Just last week I saw a little boy run from his mama as soon as she got his diaper off him. Right under the door. Lol.
You're correct. You don't see parts in a restroom.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

My son's all hated me bringing them into the ladies room when they were kids. I didn't feel safe sending a six year old into the men's room alone. On the occasions when I did, I stood at the door talking to them the whole time. Everything ok in there buddy? Don't forget to wash your hands...if a man went in after my boy I'd really lay it on. Hurry up kiddo we don't have all day.
Kind of letting the guy know someone is watching out for that kid in there so don't try anything funny.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

A few years back we pulled into a rest stop for an urgent nature call. The line for the ladies room was out the door but the men's room was empty.
Uh huh. They have sit down units in there too.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This stupid nonsense shouldn't even be an issue. Why don't they just ignore these ridiculous people?

Just another attempt to distract the masses from real issues.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Small government!

Following you all the way into the restroom.

Small government!

Dictating what your kids eat at school.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
are there really that many cross dressing people that exhibit deviant behavior in Podunk, Alabama? Or is some local politician trying to get his name in the national spotlight?

Statistically speaking, there are likely to be more of them than there are true transgenders.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You're right it isn't, but "Vaping in the Gender-Neutral Bathroom" just doesn't have much of a ring to it.

I'm sure you would have been totally happy having any of the hair band gang in the bathroom with you daughters though.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
ANYONE intent on mayhem in a restroom is not going to be deterred by any law; we already have those laws on the books.

That is why this "logic" behind the right-wing argument is so absurd.

I have never checked the genital status of anyone in a restroom, nor do I intend to.

I do my business, and I leave. Men's Room, Ladies' Room, doesn't matter.

Period.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

If you have male parts, you use a male restroom. Female parts, female restroom. Simple.

Not so simple if those with Male parts and those with Female parts got those parts during gender reassignment surgery...

i.e. A Male who has the surgery, now has Female parts, and a Female who has the surgery now has Male parts..but their birth certificate says they have the opposite gender's parts.

Confused?

This law is basically saying that those who have gender reassignment surgeries, are still their original gender, despite what parts they now have.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
ANYONE intent on mayhem in a restroom is not going to be deterred by any law; we already have those laws on the books.

I have never checked the genital status of anyone in a restroom, nor do I intend to.

Period.

Anyone intent on rape ... anyone intent on murder ...

I guess you've just shot down all those gun control arguments too. It makes all of our legal code pretty much absurd if you think about it ...

When did you become an anarcho-libertarian, Feathers?
edit on 1-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

When was the last time you saw anyone's parts in a restroom?

My question as well . How would anyone know?

And if someone starts demanding to "see" wouldn't that make THEM the deviant?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Period.

Anyone intent on rape ... anyone intent on murder ...

I guess you've just shot down all those gun control arguments too. It makes all of our legal code pretty much absurd if you think about it ...

When did you become an anarcho-libertarian, Feathers?

Well, Froggy ... I've been telling you for years that I'm a leftist ... I thought you could do the math.

Aside from that, we have laws against rape and against murder.

Obsessing about genitalia as opposed to gender identity is neither.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Worst time in the world to compliment a guy about a tattoo.

It became a running joke for us when entering the communal showers in Iraq "nice tattoos" kind of became a greeting. Gallows humor I suppose.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I couldn't care less about which restroom a person uses. I was driving through Ohio once and was entering a rest stop bathroom when a pretty man in a dress walked out (took a second glance to see it was a man). I felt bad for him but I politely said hello in passing as I would anyone else and went about my business. It made me angry for hours afterwards and still angers me when I think about it, not that the person was using a male restroom but that they had to suffer the indignity of doing so. I cannot begin to fathom how they felt.

A person should be able to tell if another person is in a restroom to use the facilities or are a stalker. If they are there like everyone else let them do their business and leave them alone. If not call the cops as you would on anyone else. Easy-peasy.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

A person should be able to tell if another person is in a restroom to use the facilities or are a stalker. If they are there like everyone else let them do their business and leave them alone. If not call the cops as you would on anyone else. Easy-peasy.

Exactly. I'm tempted to /thread.

However, this is not about safety, it's about exclusion. It's about exactly the sort of demeaning standards that you're talking about.

It's another "dog whistle" to keep the right-wing base in a state of constant irritation.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

And now instead of dressing like women to access women's rooms all a deviant guy has to do now is become a pee pee police and he gets to stare at all the vaginas he wants to all day long.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FaunaOrFlora

And now instead of dressing like women to access women's rooms all a deviant guy has to do now is become a pee pee police and he gets to stare at all the vaginas he wants to all day long.

How so?

Is he lying in the floor?

How absurd.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Spread the gospel truth....

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

That's the problem. With non-discrimination, there is no real definition. So you can't tell, not firmly. And if you question someone, they can slap you with a discrimination lawsuit for it no matter what their intent might have been. It's partially so that no one discriminates against the category of "gender fluid" which I guess means you can change your gender identity from time to time.

So in a sense, the only way to protest is to wait until you are victimized.

So given that the stats on the transgender population puts them at about 700,000, which do you think is more likely to happen?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join