It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama city: Use bathrooms matching biological sex or face 6 months in jail.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Alabama city: Use bathrooms matching biological sex or face 6 months in jail.

OXFORD, AL (WBRC) - It is now illegal to use a public bathroom or changing room which does not match the gender on your birth certificate in Oxford, Ala.

A law was passed Tuesday night in response to Target’s policy allowing employees and shoppers to use bathrooms and changing rooms that match their gender identity.

“The policy creates an unsafe environment,” said Steven Waits, council president.

There’s a Target store in the Oxford Exchange.

“It’s being put in to protect women, children and families from voyeurs, child molesters, exhibitionists, sexual predators and others who might use these policies to their advantage,” said Waits.

When asked if the law then associates transgender people with sexual predators, Waits replied “that’s not the spirit of this law.”

The ordinance carries penalties of a $500 fine or six months in jail, according to Police Chief Bill Partridge.

Although I agree with their sentiment, I dont like government involvement but this is what happens when people insist on forcing certain issues down everyone's throat.

Businesses should be free to control their own policies.

If government wants to set an edict for public restrooms, those within tax payer funded buildings, so be it.

$500 of 6 months in prison seems extreme.

SMH.

edit on 30-4-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Small government!

Following you all the way into the restroom.

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I dont think its an unreasonable expectation for women to know that they can enter a restroom without fear of there being a man or men in there, even if he is dressed like a woman (which is probably even more disturbing).

But I feel like there is an agenda behind this latest divide and conquer, social experiment.

If you have male parts, you use a male restroom.

Female parts, female restroom.

Simple.

But theres some wacky agenda at work here so now the rest of us have to deal with the fall out.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I dont think its an unreasonable expectation for women to know that they can enter a restroom without fear of there being a man or men in there, even if he is dressed like a woman (which is probably even more disturbing).
But law says a woman (according to birth certificate) cannot use the mens' room either.

If you have male parts, you use a male restroom. Female parts, female restroom. Simple.

Why?
When was the last time you saw anyone's parts in a restroom?

I have the runs. The mens' toilets are all taken (or vice versa). Guess I have to let loose in the hallway or be arrested even if there is no one in the womens' room. Oh, wait.

edit on 4/30/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Lay off the Prunes Bro

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This is dumb. There are stalls in bathrooms for a reason, they are for privacy even from the same sex. There is no threat other than what is already present.

If someone wants to rape you then a law is not going to stop them from doing it. No one walks into a bathroom and strips down naked to take a pee, so these people crying about perverts are being hyperbolic. Unless someone busts open your bathroom stall then there is nothing to worry about.

Just more bull# rhetoric spurred on by the media and their quest to distract us from real issues.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What a joke. How will this be enforced? A mandatory crotch grabber will be posted outside of all public restrooms? It is like people think transgender folks have not been using the restroom at all in the intermin. Lmao.
I garuntee everyone here has already been in a public bathroom unknowingly with a trans person at least once. Take that.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

A mandatory crotch grabber will be posted outside of all public restrooms?
No crotch grabbing required.
But you will have to present your birth certificate to enter.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Where I work, we have showers in the restroom as well. Its a steel mill. Im sure the guys would welcome women in there anytime. As far as gay dudes, we half frown and half laugh at them. We have had gay temp workers stand by the showers pretending to comb their hair while trying to watch guys shower. Its kind of a joke now. No one got rude or violent with them, we just dismissed it. We refer the them as " Meat Gazers".

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
are there really that many cross dressing people that exhibit deviant behavior in Podunk, Alabama? Or is some local politician trying to get his name in the national spotlight?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

When was the last time you saw anyone's parts in a restroom?

My question as well . How would anyone know?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Not worth it.
edit on 30-4-2016 by Abysha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
My mini rant...I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THESE BATHROOM WARS!
rant over and have a nice evening.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
My mini rant...I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THESE BATHROOM WARS!
rant over and have a nice evening.

Me too.

I'm sure Trans people are too.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This law is such a joke. Law enforcement forces across the board are stretched thin as it is. There is no way they have the man power to assign a Potty Patrol. Not only that, no business establishment is going to take on the liability of allowing their employees or security team to run genital checks on those wanting to use the restroom.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust
Genitalia is not the issue. Someone who has gone full transition is still subject to arrest and prison.
It's what the birth certificate says.
It's a birther thing.

That's how idiotic it is.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Well, in that case, not only will they need to present a birth certificate to use the loo, but a photo ID to weed out fraudulent cases. Damn, it's more stringent to access a restroom stall then a voting booth.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu
Or even 1960?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Because it isn't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join