It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama city: Use bathrooms matching biological sex or face 6 months in jail.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Teikiatsu
Or even 1960?

Sigh. How's the humor-ectomy these days?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

You think bigotry is funny?
edit on 4/30/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Because it isn't.

Nope, according to some people we're still in antebellum south.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

You think bigotry is funny?

I think SJW thin-skinned knee-jerk PC over reactions are hilarious.

edit on 30-4-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I'm seldom amused by stupid people.
On youtube or elsewhere.

edit on 4/30/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Actually, the hilarity rests in the fact that such a law was enacted in the first place.

Talk about over reaction.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

Actually, it's not funny at all.
6 months in jail for using the "wrong" restroom.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

a reply to: maria_stardust

Actually, it's not funny at all.

Neither are "voyeurs, child molesters, exhibitionists, sexual predators and others who might use these policies to their advantage.” 6 months jail time is a minimal punishment for men who would use other people's naivete to advance their own sick desires.

And yes that means a fraction of a fraction of the population has to use a different bathroom or a unisex/family bathroom. Oh well.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Neither are "voyeurs, child molesters, exhibitionists, sexual predators and others who might use these policies to their advantage.”
I agree. But if "people might do something bad" is the criterion I guess guns should be illegal too.

6 months jail time is a minimal punishment for men who would use other people's naivete to advance their own sick desires.
Not enough as far as I'm concerned.

What does that have to do with checking someone's birth certificate when they need to take a leak? If someone is busted for any of those things you mentioned, it doesn't matter what their birth certificate says, does it?

edit on 5/1/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

You do realize that sexual predators have no intention of following a law intended to keep potty goers safe, don't you?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Neither are "voyeurs, child molesters, exhibitionists, sexual predators and others who might use these policies to their advantage.”
I agree. But if "people might do something bad" is the criterion I guess guns should be illegal too.

There is nothing in the COTUS that says a person's right to use whatever bathroom they want shall not be infringed. You''re welcome to push for an amendment, if you want.

6 months jail time is a minimal punishment for men who would use other people's naivete to advance their own sick desires.
Not enough as far as I'm concerned.

What does that have to do with checking someone's birth certificate when they need to take a leak?

If the bona fides are actually using a stall it really shouldn't matter. If the predators are just hanging out in the bathroom waiting, that's another matter. This law is not targeting the people who think they are in the wrong body.
edit on 1-5-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

There is nothing in the COTUS that says a person's right to use whatever bathroom they want shall not be infringed.
But there is something about equal protection under the law.

This law is not targeting the people who think they are in the wrong body.
Bull#. Anyone entering any restroom which does not match their birth certificate is subject to arrest for no reason but that. It makes doing so, in and of itself, a crime.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

You do realize that sexual predators have no intention of following a law intended to keep potty goers safe, don't you?

What it looks like to me is steps that are taken to prevent localities from facilitating an environment for those predators to set up the crime in the first place.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

There is nothing in the COTUS that says a person's right to use whatever bathroom they want shall not be infringed.
But there is something about equal protection under the law.

This law is not targeting the people who think they are in the wrong body.
Bull#. Anyone entering any restroom which does not match their birth certificate is subject to arrest for no reason but that. It makes doing so, in and of itself, a crime.

Sounds like equal treatment to me. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't equal. The law says nothing about how a person feels, does it?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

What it looks like to me is steps that are taken to prevent localities from facilitating an environment for those predators to set up the crime in the first place.

Because this has been a real problem? Men dressed as women entering women's restrooms have been raping people? Women dressed as men have been causing problems in men's rooms?

Why so long to enact this legislation? It's quite clear what the motivation actually is.

More laws! What we need here is more laws!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

That doesn't even make sense. If a person has set their mind to molesting or sexually assaulting another, then there is no law under God's green Earth that is going to stop them.

If the mere fact that sexual assault crimes are punishable by law isn't enough of a deterrent, then this bathroom law is much less so.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

I agree. In 1999, transwomen used the women's room and transmen used the men's room. Nobody cared.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Everyone keeps talking about the pervert men that are going to pretend that they are women to sneak into the ladies room, but everyone fails to address the actual transexuals.

You have a natural born female that identifies as a man who is now forced to go into the ladies room. And even worse, you have the natural born male that is dressed up as a woman that needs to use the mens room. Maybe its just me, but I think of all the scenarios, the one most likely to be harassed and/or sexually assaulted is the latter.

And where exactly do the post surgery folk fall into things? Does the "female" that has a functioning penis have to use the ladies room, because he is still waiting on his new birth certificate to be processed?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

The law says nothing about how a person feels, does it?

No. It's about how they are treated.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

when have laws ever made sense, you can go to jail for longer for smoking a plant. Im guessing your just jumping on the bandwagon to gather stars and flags. After all this is the new fad specifically designed to entertain, divide, and distract the plebeians who are too fing stupid to relize they are being Fd with.

hint you are one the plebeians.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join