It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama city: Use bathrooms matching biological sex or face 6 months in jail.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They choose to dress / look like another gender, don't they? They choose to get a sex change, don't they?
edit on 1-5-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Yes. Some do.

However, they do not choose to feel that their sex does not match their gender. It goes a bit deeper than wearing a dress, or a hood.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

So you agree, they do decide to look like another gender, and they do decide to get the sex change.

So because of a select few who make a stupid decision, we should change all the bathroom rules?

I think maybe they should just go to the bathroom of the sex they were born with, and deal with their issues on their own.

I like to drive fast, and break the speed limit. I think we should change all the speed limits on all the roads. I was born this way. I should complain until I get my way.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

So you agree, they do decide to look like another gender, and they do decide to get the sex change.
No need to repeat it. I said quite clearly that some do so.

So because of a select few who make a stupid decision, we should change all the bathroom rules?
I'm sorry? I don't understand. Transgendered have been around for a very long time. What rules have been changed and who has changed them?

I like to drive fast, and break the speed limit. I think we should change all the speed limits on all the roads.
It was never against the law for a transgendered person to choose a restroom. Until recently.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Back to my similar situation...

The white guy decided himself to paint or dye his skin black. He didn't have to. He could have just internally dealt with his issue on his own. But because he decided to change his skin, now he has problems at the KKK rally. Who's fault is that? It's his fault for making a stupid decision.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

So, you are saying that the people writing laws about transgendered and restrooms are like the KKK?
I would tend to agree with you.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

i never said any of the things you just said you are delusional

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
No need to repeat it. I said quite clearly that some do so.

Actually, there was a definite need for it. ATS members have selective reading, and tend to take things out of context. So I wanted to be sure it was stated in the same post as the rest of my reply. I also wanted to focus on the 'decision' aspect.

I'm sorry? I don't understand. Transgendered have been around for a very long time. What rules have been changed and who has changed them?

There is a difference between transgendered and transexuals. No rules have been changed specifically for transgendered. Rules have been changed for transexuals, and at the same time transexuals are trying to get rules changed. Should I even have to explain?

Women who now dress and appear like men, and or also have sex changes (AKA transexuals), want to use the bathroom of the sex they appear like. Also the same for men who appear like women.

This is not about transgendered, perse.

Transexuals want to use the bathroom of their choosing, so they are pushing for laws to make it legal. That is what led Alabama to pass a law saying its illegal for them to do so (the opposite of what transexuals want). People must use the bathroom that corresponds to their sex at birth, end of story.

Are we all caught up now Phage? You following along now?

It was never against the law for a transgendered person to choose a restroom. Until recently.

Actually it was... in a few places,but not all. Do your research.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

So, you are saying that the people writing laws about transgendered and restrooms are like the KKK?
I would tend to agree with you.

No, are you aware of what an analogy is? Or should I teach you about that too.

The rules that govern the KKK membership are like government laws.... Was that so hard for you to understand?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

The rules that govern the KKK membership are like government laws.... Was that so hard for you to understand?

And laws against transgenders using the restroom of their choice are like...?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Back to my original post before Phage needed a quick lesson on choices people make...

originally posted by: darkbake

There are people who have fully transitioned, such as this naturally born woman, who is now a male. They will be forced to use the wrong restroom. To demonstrate, this trans man has been taking selfies of himself in the women's' restroom, which is now where he legally has to go potty.

Again...

I can't believe we are even discussing this. Step back and think about it for a minute... She is a woman, she herself decides to change her appearance to look like a man, now she feels uncomfortable in a woman's bathroom because of her own decision to dress like a man? It's called a bad choice, she should deal with the repercussions.

She decided to look like a man... now it is our problem? Maybe this woman should stop trying to look like a man.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

And laws against transgenders using the restroom of their choice are like...?

Like rules against black people from appearing at any gathering they choose, including the KKK rallies.

This is basic stuff Phage.

-edit- made it more clear.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Like rules against black people from appearing at any gathering they choose, including the KKK rallies.

Very good. You understand that such law are nonsensical.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

What is nonsensical is a white guy, who "feels" black, deciding to paint his face black, and complaining because the KKK don't want him at their rallies anymore.

It is just as nonsensical as a woman, who "feels" like a man, deciding to grow a beard and dress like a man, and complaining because other women don't wan't her in the woman's bathroom anymore.

Neither should be complaining because of their own stupid choice. Nor should anyone change their laws or rules to accommodate them.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Neither should be complaining because of their own stupid choice. Nor should anyone change their laws or rules to accommodate them.
Exactly. Writing laws about who should use which restrooms is stupid.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Nor should anyone change their laws or rules to accommodate them.

So instead make laws that throw them in jail for using the same public washroom they've been using for years ?

I know this may come as a shock to some people but transexuals/transgenders have been using public washrooms for decades.

But now suddenly it's a raping-pedophile-freaky-monster-to-all-the-skeered-wimminz problem.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Exactly. Writing laws about who should use which restrooms is stupid.

We agree.

Unfortunately, there are perverts, pedophiles, rapists, etc. who in the past have been known to sneak into bathrooms of the opposite sex, and point their hidden cameras over or under the bathroom stalls, or pleasure themselves right there, who then often get away with it, with no repercussions. Maybe now they will go to jail.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Unfortunately, there are perverts, pedophiles, rapists, etc. who in the past have been known to sneak into bathrooms of the opposite sex, and point their hidden cameras over or under the bathroom stalls, or pleasure themselves right there, who then often get away with it, with no repercussions. Maybe now they will go to jail.

Meanwhile, someone who has the runs and whose "proper" restroom is occupied, will have to let loose in the hallway or face 6 months in jail.

You know there are laws against those things you mentioned, right?

edit on 5/1/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I would be a dominant lesbian girl in a mans body

NIIIZE

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

But now suddenly it's a raping-pedophile-freaky-monster-to-all-the-skeered-wimminz problem.

It has always been that way. However, most people were enforcing the rules by their establishment. I remember a guy getting suspended for a day for going into the girls bathroom in high school. I've seen police called on guys going into woman's restrooms at a restaurant. It's always been a problem, just not everyone had passed laws to prohibit it.

Now there are laws. Thanks to transsexuals complaining about it.

How do you think all this started? Transsexuals were prohibited from entering certain bathrooms by whatever establishment, and or started making people feel uncomfortable and those people were complaining, so transsexuals started crying about it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join