It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama city: Use bathrooms matching biological sex or face 6 months in jail.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Now there are laws. Thanks to transsexuals complaining about it.

Complaining about what?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Meanwhile, someone who has the runs and whose "proper" restroom is occupied, will have to let loose in the hallway or face 6 months in jail.

How is that different from there only being 1 bathroom? What a stupid argument. So now because people can't control their bowl movements we have to make sure there is always a bathroom that is not full? Good one.

You know there are laws against those things you mentioned, right?

Yes, I do. Now there is more laws against it.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Complaining about not being able to use the bathroom they want to use.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I've encountered countless transvestites/transexuals-in-progress in the ladies room over the years.

(fully-transitioned-transgenders, I can't say because they're not as noticable)

I actually had one polite fella standing in front of the mirror freshening up his lipstick turn and ask me if I minded that he was in there.

I just smiled, put my hand on his shoulder and said: "Honey, if you were a pervert rapist you'd be dressed in a suit and tie."

We laughed our asses off and went about our personal business.

edit on 1-5-2016 by CranialSponge because: Freija wants us to be more specific in our descriptions

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Complaining about not being able to use the bathroom they want to use.

Ah.
Transexuals only started complaining when laws were made, and that's why the laws were made.
Got it.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Do that mean I have to pee beside a man in a dress with a wig at the urinal or a woman with overalls with some type of device at the urinal ?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Ah.
Transexuals only started complaining when laws were made, and that's why the laws were made.
Got it.

You need to learn to read.

Places like grocery stores, restaurants, and places with public bathrooms on private property were giving transsexuals a hard time about what bathroom to use, and in some cases not allowing them to use them at all. So transsexuals complained about it. Then laws were made.

Get your facts straight.
edit on 1-5-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Oh Jesus effing Christ!

Now we've got people throwing words like transgender and transsexual around and nobody even knows what the hell they're talking about. I gotta tell you, the level of ignorance (lack of knowledge) is pretty dang thick around here for a place where people consider themselves critical thinkers or smarter than the average bear.

It is embarrassing. It is depressing.

edit on 5/1/2016 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Places like grocery stores, restaurants, and places with public bathrooms on private property were giving transsexuals a hard time about what bathroom to use, and in some cases not allowing them to use them at all.
Well I would complain about not being able to use a bathroom if I had to. Wouldn't you? But can you give some examples of that happening? I mean, how did those establishments know that they had a "problem?"

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Please enlighten us, since the terms are being highjacked and changed around depending on who you ask, or what link you click after google searches.

I am willing to bet whatever definitions you provide, there are several sources that disagree with you. Sorry a lot of us are not experts on the matter like you are.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If they are going to do that here then I want Crocodile Dundee to stand at bathroom's door and do the "Dundee handshake" with everyone coming in.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
Back to my original post before Phage needed a quick lesson on choices people make...

originally posted by: darkbake

There are people who have fully transitioned, such as this naturally born woman, who is now a male. They will be forced to use the wrong restroom. To demonstrate, this trans man has been taking selfies of himself in the women's' restroom, which is now where he legally has to go potty.

It's called a bad choice, she should deal with the repercussions.

She decided to look like a man... now it is our problem? Maybe this woman should stop trying to look like a man.

You seem pretty filled with hate for someone with a username like that.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Here is one case:

bangordailynews.com...

A Denny's restaurant didn't allow this transgender man into a woman's bathroom. He turned around and sued the restaurant. Then the restaurant changed its policy.

This law doesn't seem so nonsensical now does it? Looks like it prevents a lot of stupid lawsuits.

-------

Before you think the answer to this problem is to have "gender neutral bathrooms"....

washingtonpost.com...

A school goes out of their way to make a gender neutral bathroom, and a transgender person complains about feeling singled out and different, and wants to use whatever bathroom they choose... they just can't ever be happy. This is bs.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmurfRider

You seem pretty filled with hate for someone with a username like that.

Don't project your hate onto me. I don't hate anyone.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

You did say this:

She decided to look like a man... now it is our problem? Maybe this woman should stop trying to look like a man.

How else are we supposed to interpret this?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

There is nothing to interpret. Don't interpret anything.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

You did say this:

How else are we supposed to interpret this?

Willful ignorance?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

How is it ignorance?

The woman, who feels like a man (transgender), decided... yes... decided... to appear like a man. Even though she may not have decided to feel like a man, she definitely decided to appear like a man. Now she complains because of the problems she has using restrooms. So she makes her own decision everyone else's problem?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I can't wait until science proves this transgender thing is a mental problem. Perhaps then these issues would be handled differently. We can just make a bathroom for handicapped people only.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
I can't wait until science proves this transgender thing is a mental problem.

Pretty much the opposite has already happened.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join