It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama city: Use bathrooms matching biological sex or face 6 months in jail.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No it hasn't.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

How is it ignorance?

The woman, who feels like a man (transgender), decided... yes... decided... to appear like a man. Even though she may not have decided to feel like a man, she definitely decided to appear like a man. Now she complains because of the problems she has using restrooms. So she makes her own decision everyone else's problem?

Ignorance is chosen.

You have chosen what you want to believe. Belief is backed up by nothing.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

What is it exactly that I want to believe? Please do enlighten me.

Gender Identity Disorder (GID)?
edit on 1-5-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

What is it exactly that I want to believe? Please do enlighten me.

Gender Identity Disorder (GID)?

The name to start with.

DSM-V To Rename Gender Identity Disorder 'Gender Dysphoria'

The newest edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, or DSM, will replace the diagnostic term “Gender Identity Disorder” with the term “Gender Dysphoria,” according to the Associated Press. For years advocates have lobbied the American Psychiatric Association to change or remove categories labeling transgender people in a psychiatric manual, arguing that terms like “Gender Identity Disorder” characterize all trans people as mentally ill. Based on the standards to be set by the DSM-V, individuals will be diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria for displaying “a marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and assigned gender.” www.advocate.com...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Wouldn't a person get worse than a $500 fine, or 6 months in jail, if he/she pooped on the floor of the gas station because they were afraid to use the opposite sex's bathroom, after finding that their bathroom was occupied?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
From: Scientific America. Date/Author: Francine Russo on January 1, 2016

Is There Something Unique about the Transgender Brain?
Imaging studies and other research suggest that there is a biological basis for transgender identity

Some children insist, from the moment they can speak, that they are not the gender indicated by their biological sex. So where does this knowledge reside? And is it possible to discern a genetic or anatomical basis for transgender identity? Exploration of these questions is relatively new, but there is a bit of evidence for a genetic basis. Identical twins are somewhat more likely than fraternal twins to both be trans. www.scientificamerican.com...

This study will run in Psychological Science. Date/Author: Julie Zeilinger February 04, 2015

Science Just Proved That Being Transgender Is Not a Phase

Our culture is undeniably uneducated about transgender individuals. At worst, this ignorance results in violent hate crimes and murders. In its most benevolent form, transgenderism is viewed as a "phase" or transgender individuals are regarded as "confused." A new study, however, pushes back on these misconceptions by finding that transgender children identify with their gender identity as consistently as their cisgender peers.

"Our study addressed concerns we often hear the lay public and even scientific audiences express: concerns that transgender children are pretending or being difficult or that they don't 'really' believe they are a boy (or girl)," lead researcher and University of Washington psychology professor Kristina Olson told Mic. "We wanted to know what happened if we used measures other than traditional self-report measures — would these stereotypes be upheld?"

The study, which will run in Psychological Science, recruited pre-pubescent transgender-identifying children who were age-matched with their cisgender siblings, as well as another group of cisgender children. The trans and cisgender children's gender identities were determined through measures of gender development such as the Implicit Association Test, which is a device developed to scientifically explore "the unconscious roots of thinking and feeling," according to its website. Olson and her team decided to use such measures because "implicit gender identity and a strong implicit preference for their own gender" is evident in other children at this age and, hopefully, the same measures could be used to assess identity and preferences in transgender kids as well. mic.com...

edit on 2-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'll have to check the statutes on that.

edit on 5/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

sounds like right out of movie........as in scripted..... as in fake in order to make a point. in short propaganda

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Nope.

Real life is not a movie.

Gay bars are infamous for trans using whatever washrooms they feel suits them best.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

That's great. Transgender people lobbied to have the name changed, because they didn't like it.

It is still Gender Identity Disorder.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

None of that is proof. They are studies that have no final answer, no proof.

Why did they leave out the fact that almost 80% of kids that feel transgender before puberty end up not feeling that way after puberty, and never again? That is a huge statistic to ignore.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

i know my pub down the street is a gay bar if you read the thread you will see were i state that i use the womens room when need be, your not teaching me anything new kid.

but like i said your "ecounter" sounds way too scripted, either that or your so cool and edgy its unbelievable.
edit on 2-5-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

None of that is proof. They are studies that have no final answer, no proof.

Why did they leave out the fact that almost 80% of kids that feel transgender before puberty end up not feeling that way after puberty, and never again? That is a huge statistic to ignore.

Link your studies.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

That's great. Transgender people lobbied to have the name changed, because they didn't like it.

It is still Gender Identity Disorder.

Choose your blinders. I hear they come in colors.

You are interpreting how you want it to read.
edit on 2-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I am normally a lurker but i had to get this out.
In charlotte nc about 2 weeks ago a women made a complaint to a female officer that a man just went into the ladies room even told her which stall. The big problem being that it was a female not a male she just happened to look like a guy, she was in there taking a dump when the cop kicked in the door and drug her out before she could pull her panties up.

What has this world come to.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

I don't care what you think.

And I too have used the men's washroom in bars (gay or otherwise)... nothing worse than having to pee like a racehorse after a gazillion drinks and there's a lineup out the women's washroom a mile long. The men's washroom never has a lineup.

In my experiences, most people just don't give a damn.

It's a non-issue.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: HolydarknessVA

I would ask for evidence but, never mind.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: HolydarknessVA
The big problem being that it was a female not a male she just happened to look like a guy, she was in there taking a dump when the cop kicked in the door and drug her out before she could pull her panties up.

Ever met Julia Roberts in person?

She's very manly looking. I could see some paranoid women calling the cops on her.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

No, that is a fact, that is actually what happened. Transgender people lobbied to have the name changed, because they didn't like the "disorder" part. So they changed it.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

No, that is a fact, that is actually what happened. Transgender people lobbied to have the name changed, because they didn't like the "disorder" part. So they changed it.

Of course you intentionally ignore the reason behind it.

Find that link yet?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join