It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Alabama city: Use bathrooms matching biological sex or face 6 months in jail.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:05 AM

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: Annee

a bar is a real place with real people

just because one smokes and drinks doesn't exempt then from the human condition

But it's a bar.

If I were to go into a Texas roadhouse and based my opinion of heteronormative people on what I saw in there... I don't think I would have an accurate perspective of what the average straight American is really like.

Just like gay pride parades vs monster truck rallies. Neither one of those events are going to give you an honest picture of everyday life for these people. Most of them just go back to their humdrum 9-5 jobs on Monday, dressed and paying taxes just like everybody else, going home afterwards to binge on Netflix.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:16 AM
a reply to: Abysha

bars are places were people go to be themselves, school and work are places were we have to do what someone else tells us to do.

so i respectfully disagree.

its kind of messed up people on this thread are trying to make me believe my many years of experience means nothing.

is it because im straight or male?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:29 AM
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

I wouldn't call the persona I use in a bar the real me. I would call it my bar persona. Kind of an alter ego.

The real me tends to be a bit serious and a loner. Bars, for me, are to practice social skills.

So, bars are a selective part of me. But, only a small part.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:58 PM

originally posted by: Freija
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I know arguing with you or trying to educate you about what transgender is would be completely pointless. You should consider you might not know what you're talking about though. Transgender girls are not boys playing dress up.

Someone who believes they are the opposite sex is someone with a mental disorder. If I felt I was the queen of England, and dressed the part, that wouldn't give me the right to demand people treat me as such.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:00 PM

originally posted by: Annee
Are you a woman? You telling a transgender to go to the restroom that matches their body parts is same as me telling you to dress like a man and go to the men's restroom.

You know you are a woman. You know you don't belong in the men's room. Same with a transgender.

Their brain wiring tells them what gender they are, same as your brain wiring tells you what gender you are. If something happened to your physical body, if it was transfigured in some way - - you'd still know "in your head" you are a woman.

You not wanting to accept it, means nothing. It is not going to just vanish off the earth.

Nonsense. I go to the restroom that matches my biology. I am not confused about who I am. Someone who is needs a shrink, not a bathroom pass for the wrong bathroom. They have, to use your terms, bad wiring. They need treatment, not to be catered to and encouraged in the illness.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:02 PM

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
First, where is the proof of who anyone in those pictures is?

Oh, come on.

Now that's just being silly.

No, that's expecting proof for a claim. Believing anything anyone tells one would be silly.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:09 PM
You wouldn't accept proof if it hit you on the head.

So, there really is no point in continuing, is there?
edit on 9-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>