It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

This is also Biblical. There are many admonitions in the Bible from the one we call "Jesus," to be prepared, to not be found sleeping when the light is revealed. This is the light that will reveal who we really are, at the core of our essence. Can we look in the mirror and accept what we see, or are there some things that we need to change before there is no more secret-keeping?

Who knows what we can expect in the new reality! But it is up to us, both individually and collectively, to either make that new reality pleasurable, disastrous, or something in between.

So, are you saying here that Jesus is responsible for "The Mandela Effect"?

If not, exactly what are you saying?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

There is a quantum evolution set for mankind, and there will be no avoiding it. Those who want to cling to the "old way" will have a very difficult time with it. Those who have been accepting of this strangeness will most likely have a path of less resistance, but it still may not be pleasant.

Yet, only a few posts ago, you (and others) were claiming that acceptance of non-mundane beliefs about "The Mandela Effect" didn't have anything to do with people feeling like they were "special" or part of some "cult-like" group.

Now, you're evolutionary mutants who will leave mundane humanity "behind" ... wait a minute, where have I heard something like that before ... ?

This is one of many reasons why allowed one's self to become "unmoored" from reality is quite dangerous.

Okay, I'll play back.

If the way you see things makes it come across as though we are lifting ourselves up as some special beings, that's a problem with your perception. The people that are experiencing this are only trying to figure out what is going on.

Yeah, I changed the post not to be directed at you, because I wanted to honor the fact that you were "ignoring" me.

But, cest la vie, eh?

Right, so saying that you're on a special evolutionary track that will leave others who don't believe as you do behind DOESN'T make you different or special?

And anyone who says it does is just ... wrong? In error? Would you even say, heretical?

Yeah. I beg to differ.

We are ALL on the evolutionary track. It's simply a matter of accepting that fact. You can't condemn the people who have begun to accept it simply because YOU won't. You are free to do so.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

There is a quantum evolution set for mankind, and there will be no avoiding it. Those who want to cling to the "old way" will have a very difficult time with it. Those who have been accepting of this strangeness will most likely have a path of less resistance, but it still may not be pleasant.

Yet, only a few posts ago, you (and others) were claiming that acceptance of non-mundane beliefs about "The Mandela Effect" didn't have anything to do with people feeling like they were "special" or part of some "cult-like" group.

Now, you're evolutionary mutants who will leave mundane humanity "behind" ... wait a minute, where have I heard something like that before ... ?

This is one of many reasons why allowed one's self to become "unmoored" from reality is quite dangerous.

Okay, I'll play back.

If the way you see things makes it come across as though we are lifting ourselves up as some special beings, that's a problem with your perception. The people that are experiencing this are only trying to figure out what is going on.

Yeah, I changed the post not to be directed at you, because I wanted to honor the fact that you were "ignoring" me.

But, cest la vie, eh?

Right, so saying that you're on a special evolutionary track that will leave others who don't believe as you do behind DOESN'T make you different or special?

And anyone who says it does is just ... wrong? In error? Would you even say, heretical?

Yeah. I beg to differ.

We are ALL on the evolutionary track. It's simply a matter of accepting that fact. You can't condemn the people who have begun to accept it simply because YOU won't. You are free to do so.

Aside from the arrogance inherent in the idea that you know my "evolutionary status" ... may I ask how much you think the "Mandela Effect" has to do with Jesus, as you mentioned above?

Because what you're promoting here, i.e. your take on the "Mandela Effect" seems to be more and more in line with a variation on standard Christianity ... you know ... "many are called but few are chosen" ... "salvation is available to all but only the Elect will accept it" etc. etc.

Is that a fair statement of your belief regarding the Mandela Effect?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

Thanks.
Crop circles are proven hoaxes, be careful what evidence you're using to back up your suppositions. I'll have to take your word on the bible, it's not for me. I'm not convinced that Jesus was meaning the Mandela effect when he spoke about light being revealed.

Anyway, ascensions and believer/non believer subsets aside, all I was going to say was that this phenomenon should be measurable.
Presumably a random sample could be interviewed and asked about various memories. Once the results are tallied it should be easy to see if the difference in Mandela/Berenstain/whatever memories from other memories is statistically significant. If they are, then that would suggest there is something unique in these specific aspects. If not, it would tell us something very interesting about memory in general and how susceptible we are to persuasion.
Worth a try, no?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The phenomenon IS measurable! As I've said above, repeatedly, this is a rather stupendous sociological phenomenon, rather like being witness to the birth of a religion/belief structure! Of course "the Mandela Effect" is VERY real, and it speaks volumes to the realities of human perception, cognition and memory.

It's a treasure trove of understanding, in short.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Crop circles are proven to be able to be created by humans (though I am personally skeptical about the hyper complex ones.)

To better illustrate what I mean: I am able to kill you, but if you were to be killed, it would not mean that I had done it.
Hm, odd and morbid example. Perhaps a better one is that fires may be started by people intentionally, but that does not mean that every fire is such.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

This is also Biblical. There are many admonitions in the Bible from the one we call "Jesus," to be prepared, to not be found sleeping when the light is revealed. This is the light that will reveal who we really are, at the core of our essence. Can we look in the mirror and accept what we see, or are there some things that we need to change before there is no more secret-keeping?

Who knows what we can expect in the new reality! But it is up to us, both individually and collectively, to either make that new reality pleasurable, disastrous, or something in between.

Jesus is every man. I really didn't want to get into all of this in this topic, but what we think of as Jesus is an archetypal portrayal of what we all must go through, both individually and collectively, to ascend to higher states of being.

Jesus, the "Son of God," had to let go of everything ("It is finished," as He said in His dying breath on the cross), in order to be transformed into a transcendent existence. All of humanity are "sons of God." When we collectively realize and accept that we are in the tomb (which is also a womb, or Matrix), we will come to the realization that a much greater state of existence awaits us in higher realms. Thus, the "Son of God" gave Himself up, and then came out of His tomb to ascend to glory. That's all of us, if we accept and believe it. But it's not easy. We have to "sacrifice ourselves," so to speak. We have to be willing to relinquish everything that we think we are, and our entombed perception of reality.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Jesus is every man. I really didn't want to get into all of this in this topic, but what we think of as Jesus is an archetypal portrayal of what we all must go through, both individually and collectively, to ascend to higher states of being.

Jesus, the "Son of God," had to let go of everything ("It is finished," as He said in His dying breath on the cross), in order to be transformed into a transcendent existence. All of humanity are "sons of God." When we collectively realize and accept that we are in the tomb (which is also a womb, or Matrix), we will come to the realization that a much greater state of existence awaits us in higher realms. Thus, the "Son of God" gave Himself up, and then came out of His tomb to ascend to glory. That's all of us, if we accept and believe it. But it's not easy. We have to "sacrifice ourselves," so to speak. We have to be willing to relinquish everything that we think we are, and our entombed perception of reality.

Thank you for your answer, but I want to make sure that I'm clearly understanding ...

Is Jesus (your version or otherwise) responsible or related to the "Mandela Effect" or not?

Followup:

When you say:

We have to be willing to relinquish everything that we think we are, and our entombed perception of reality.

What version of "reality" are we supposed to take on then? Your thread is about a recogizable sociological phenomenon called the "Mandela Effect" ... right?

What is the "alternate reality" you think we have to accept in order to evolve?
edit on 2-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Er, ok, I'll back away slowly. Don't kill me!
Crop circles are proven to be able to be created by humans because they were created by humans. Not wheat-loving aliens.
As ever, I'm happy to be shown how I've got that wrong but to the best of my knowledge...blokes and planks.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Playing back your memories like a movie sounds terrifying and blissful at the same time. Must be interesting.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Er, ok, I'll back away slowly. Don't kill me!
Crop circles are proven to be able to be created by humans because they were created by humans. Not wheat-loving aliens.
As ever, I'm happy to be shown how I've got that wrong but to the best of my knowledge...blokes and planks.

Just as a note, you don't have anything "wrong" ... you're just dealing with the normal, workaday, mundane reality that most of us are. Those who are not "evolutionarily gifted" of course.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Not wheat-loving aliens.

What about the ones that are in fields of barley?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: TombEscaper

Thanks.
Crop circles are proven hoaxes, be careful what evidence you're using to back up your suppositions. I'll have to take your word on the bible, it's not for me. I'm not convinced that Jesus was meaning the Mandela effect when he spoke about light being revealed.

Anyway, ascensions and believer/non believer subsets aside, all I was going to say was that this phenomenon should be measurable.
Presumably a random sample could be interviewed and asked about various memories. Once the results are tallied it should be easy to see if the difference in Mandela/Berenstain/whatever memories from other memories is statistically significant. If they are, then that would suggest there is something unique in these specific aspects. If not, it would tell us something very interesting about memory in general and how susceptible we are to persuasion.
Worth a try, no?

Some crop circles have been proven to be hoaxes, many others haven't been. Like many other genuine phenomena, they have been systemically discredited through disinformation campaigns. But that is a whole 'nother topic.

The only tangible measurability of this phenomenon (ME) are things such as the CoasterBuzz messageboard topic from 2001, and other bits of "residue," such as the "Akroyd" screen shots I posted a few pages back.

Many of us have done a lot of random sampling amongst our (non-internet) peers, which has only reinforced the certainty of what we remember, through their answers.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Oh, I didn't really mean that I could. There's a lot of things I'm lacking that would be necessary, but I was explaining that if someone is murdered, reasons beyond someone being capable of doing so are examined.

Query: Why does the capacity for humans to do something exclude the possibility that the something was done by not-human means?
Humans can start fires.
So can lightning.
Humans can create gold from something that isn't gold, but that doesn't mean that every atom of gold in the universe was created by gold because humans can create gold, no?

Most certainly, a large portion of if not all crop circles were created by humans, but your logic is faulty.

I'd suggest looking up some of the more complex ones. They truly are quite incredible works of art, even if their origin is mundane. I would have issue drawing many of them on paper, let alone creating them in a dark field with no aerial assistance for perspective.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

All human-made. Aliens are allergic to barley, don'tcha know?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I would have issue drawing many of them on paper, let alone creating them in a dark field with no aerial assistance for perspective.

GPS is a wonderful gadget. So are laser levels.
www.engineersupply.com...

Interesting how the circles have gotten more complex as technology has improved.

edit on 5/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The phenomenon IS measurable! As I've said above, repeatedly, this is a rather stupendous sociological phenomenon, rather like being witness to the birth of a religion/belief structure! Of course "the Mandela Effect" is VERY real, and it speaks volumes to the realities of human perception, cognition and memory.

It's a treasure trove of understanding, in short.

It's not really measurable though because everything is based on individual experiences, which makes it subjective. People claim a lot of things. You can ask people about their own experiences and hope they tell the truth and have good memory, but that doesn't make the Mandela effect itself measurable. That will only happen when we have equipment that could actually measure such an effect. Humans aren't dumb. They'll figure it out eventually, just like they figured out countless other mysterious things from the ancient past.

edit on 5 2 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Och, it's just me Gryphon, but whenever I see words like 'ascension' it's not long until words like 'rapture' appear. And then I start to twitch violently.

Seriously though, this is a fascinating sociological phenomenon and is worth studying. Kudos to all those in the thread that are trying to collaborate more info.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I have been asking everyone I know about Reba's name. I know many country fans. So far no one remembers anything but McEntire. For what that's worth.
ETA Honestly why is there not a really big event that is in question here? In the big picture a childrens' book title or a washed up country singer's name or a candy bar just don't seem like big events to me.
As for the folks who remember seeing Mandela's funeral, what age were you when you remember seeing this ? That may be the biggest factor here is the age of the person at the time of the ' wrong' memory .
edit on 2-5-2016 by schmae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The only gift evolution has granted me that it has withheld from others is my intellect and curiosity, and even those are more likely a product largely owed to my circumstances of birth.

Please don't make snarky and sarcastic comments implying that I view myself as special and something "better" than ordinary humans, I am a neutral party in this subject.

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join