It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: beansidhe

Not wheat-loving aliens.

What about the ones that are in fields of barley?

Aliens.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: Gryphon66

The only gift evolution has granted me that it has withheld from others is my intellect and curiosity, and even those are more likely a product largely owed to my circumstances of birth.

Please don't make snarky and sarcastic comments implying that I view myself as special and something "better" than ordinary humans, I am a neutral party in this subject.

Why on earth would you think I'm talking about you personally? Did I direct something at you?

I am not. You have not claimed to be part of a special group that sees things that normal humans do not see.

Thanks.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
thebeatlesneverbrokeup.com...

interesting, possible fraud

but for what ? he does not seem too be making any cash off it

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: beansidhe

Not wheat-loving aliens.

What about the ones that are in fields of barley?

Aliens.

Are they fond of beer or something?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Interesting to be sure, but you know what they say about correlation and causation, meine freund.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

You know what they say about extraordinary claims, right?

Occam's razor might also be an appropriate reference.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: TombEscaper

There is a quantum evolution set for mankind, and there will be no avoiding it. Those who want to cling to the "old way" will have a very difficult time with it. Those who have been accepting of this strangeness will most likely have a path of less resistance, but it still may not be pleasant.

Yet, only a few posts ago, you (and others) were claiming that acceptance of non-mundane beliefs about "The Mandela Effect" didn't have anything to do with people feeling like they were "special" or part of some "cult-like" group.

Now, you're evolutionary mutants who will leave mundane humanity "behind" ... wait a minute, where have I heard something like that before ... ?

This is one of many reasons why allowed one's self to become "unmoored" from reality is quite dangerous.

Okay, I'll play back.

If the way you see things makes it come across as though we are lifting ourselves up as some special beings, that's a problem with your perception. The people that are experiencing this are only trying to figure out what is going on.

Yeah, I changed the post not to be directed at you, because I wanted to honor the fact that you were "ignoring" me.

But, cest la vie, eh?

Right, so saying that you're on a special evolutionary track that will leave others who don't believe as you do behind DOESN'T make you different or special?

And anyone who says it does is just ... wrong? In error? Would you even say, heretical?

Yeah. I beg to differ.

We are ALL on the evolutionary track. It's simply a matter of accepting that fact. You can't condemn the people who have begun to accept it simply because YOU won't. You are free to do so.

Aside from the arrogance inherent in the idea that you know my "evolutionary status" ... may I ask how much you think the "Mandela Effect" has to do with Jesus, as you mentioned above?

Because what you're promoting here, i.e. your take on the "Mandela Effect" seems to be more and more in line with a variation on standard Christianity ... you know ... "many are called but few are chosen" ... "salvation is available to all but only the Elect will accept it" etc. etc.

Is that a fair statement of your belief regarding the Mandela Effect?

I can't answer your questions with any specificity. I can tell you that through many journeys and experiences, I'm sure there is a "happy ending" for all. But the fact is, some will come to that happy ending before others. The Mandela Effect, I believe, is a "trinket" being tossed to us (like the crop circles) as a prompt to awaken to what is coming. What is coming? I don't know, precisely. But it's something.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kibric
thebeatlesneverbrokeup.com...

interesting, possible fraud

but for what ? he does not seem too be making any cash off it

Everyday Chemistry The album Richards obtained, Everyday Chemistry, was transferred to mp3 and is available for download on his website. In reality, it is a mashup of all four Beatles solo material over the years. For example: the first track, “Four Guys”, contains elements of George Harrison’s “When We Was Fab”, John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s “I’m Moving On”, and Paul McCartney & Wings’ “Band on the Run"

Citation

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Hm, perhaps I was too quick to judge. I apologise. The quote of Sidge's you were responding to was them directly replying to myself.

Oh, there are things I see that "normal" people don't, but it's less of a "super special great enlightenment" and more of an irritating quasi-medical condition with no real research behind it.

It also depends on whether you consider "see" as literal.

link   

There is a quantum evolution set for mankind, and there will be no avoiding it. Those who want to cling to the "old way" will have a very difficult time with it. Those who have been accepting of this strangeness will most likely have a path of less resistance, but it still may not be pleasant.

Yet, only a few posts ago, you (and others) were claiming that acceptance of non-mundane beliefs about "The Mandela Effect" didn't have anything to do with people feeling like they were "special" or part of some "cult-like" group.

Now, you're evolutionary mutants who will leave mundane humanity "behind" ... wait a minute, where have I heard something like that before ... ?

This is one of many reasons why allowed one's self to become "unmoored" from reality is quite dangerous.

Okay, I'll play back.

If the way you see things makes it come across as though we are lifting ourselves up as some special beings, that's a problem with your perception. The people that are experiencing this are only trying to figure out what is going on.

Yeah, I changed the post not to be directed at you, because I wanted to honor the fact that you were "ignoring" me.

But, cest la vie, eh?

Right, so saying that you're on a special evolutionary track that will leave others who don't believe as you do behind DOESN'T make you different or special?

And anyone who says it does is just ... wrong? In error? Would you even say, heretical?

Yeah. I beg to differ.

We are ALL on the evolutionary track. It's simply a matter of accepting that fact. You can't condemn the people who have begun to accept it simply because YOU won't. You are free to do so.

Aside from the arrogance inherent in the idea that you know my "evolutionary status" ... may I ask how much you think the "Mandela Effect" has to do with Jesus, as you mentioned above?

Because what you're promoting here, i.e. your take on the "Mandela Effect" seems to be more and more in line with a variation on standard Christianity ... you know ... "many are called but few are chosen" ... "salvation is available to all but only the Elect will accept it" etc. etc.

I can't answer your questions with any specificity. I can tell you that through many journeys and experiences, I'm sure there is a "happy ending" for all. But the fact is, some will come to that happy ending before others. The Mandela Effect, I believe, is a "trinket" being tossed to us (like the crop circles) as a prompt to awaken to what is coming. What is coming? I don't know, precisely. But it's something.

A fair and honest answer.

Thank you very much for doing so despite our contention in the thread!

link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: antayat

originally posted by: TheKestrel04
If we shifted into a parallel universe we should have doppelgangers and spontaneous relationships with people and claims to things with did not commit or maybe possess things we never took.We should look to highlight these things as possible evidence. If the books say stain and some folks remember stain and some folks only remember stein then the steins could of bring brought to the stain universe.

Good point. Iv'e been thinking about keeping a journal. Now I'm going too. Keeping an eye on changes and possible relationships and the like.

Ditto. I started one several days ago. I think that would be a smart move for everyone. We don't know what they might alter next.

And this going to sound crazy, but I'm beyond caring at this point:

Write everything down by hand if possible...only in cursive. They've removed that form of writing from schools. Even my text predict, which is annoyingly sensitive, did not pull up the word "cursive". I had to add it to my dictionary just now. I don't think they can change something if it is written in cursive.

No, I have no proof or evidence. It's simply a hunch. But I'm following it. My version of a tinfoil hat, I suppose.

That sounds good, but in theory, if the past is being slightly altered from the present, or future every record of it will reflect the change, it will be as it always was from the beginning. Except for some inexplicable memories. Some people can remember, some can't.

For example, let's say I send information back in time that facilitates a change of one letter in the spelling of your family's last name. all records would adapt to the change, it will be spelled that way from the beginning, but you remember it spelled differently, you will never be able to prove it, but perhaps you will find someone who remembers it as you do... The rabbit hole only gets deeper and stranger from there...

I'm really not convinced that this is a time shift. I am trying to figure out what precisely seems wrong to me with that theory but it eludes my conscious thoughts at the moment.

I strongly feel that this is deliberate, but I just don't feel that it's any kind of manipulation of time. There's something we're missing, but I don't know what.

If there was a timeline shift, wouldn't EVERYTHING be different? Of course, it wouldn't matter because no one would be the wiser. Except for us. So wouldn't we be seeing changes of everything that was changed along that timeline?

This is a common argument, and I think the short answer is no. Parallel universe doesn't necessarily mean bizarro world. I can't think of a good analogy...
I guess, if two universes are near each other, and time is merely a measurement of causal progression, wouldn't you actually expect them to be more causaly similar than different?
This falls in line with the majority of reported shifts, and even time slips. If one were so inclined to think of time travel as simply being interdimensional travel between close by causality points, it would make a weird kind of sense.

Just the way I see it,
but the Everett Interpretation at least, would support this idea.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

Many of us have done a lot of random sampling amongst our (non-internet) peers, which has only reinforced the certainty of what we remember, through their answers.

That's ideal. Agree a number of participants (eg 50), ask them pre-agreed questions, write down their answers and present them. That would be a quick way of getting a data set that you were then able to measure.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

That is definitely a hoax. They took Beatles solo material from after they broke up and mixed it together into a bunch of sub par songs. The Beatles would never put out a product that bad and it's obvious. Every line can be traced to the solo material.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

Hm, perhaps I was too quick to judge. I apologise. The quote of Sidge's you were responding to was them directly replying to myself.

Oh, there are things I see that "normal" people don't, but it's less of a "super special great enlightenment" and more of an irritating quasi-medical condition with no real research behind it.

It also depends on whether you consider "see" as literal.

Thanks. Sorry for chiming in. I take all this a bit seriously because I have dealt with a lot of people who are basically as I said "unmoored" from reality due to mental illness and other difficulties. When they see this kind of thing on the internet, it can send them even further "out there."

No victim, no crime between us though.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Och, it's just me Gryphon, but whenever I see words like 'ascension' it's not long until words like 'rapture' appear. And then I start to twitch violently.

Seriously though, this is a fascinating sociological phenomenon and is worth studying. Kudos to all those in the thread that are trying to collaborate more info.

Christianity has corrupted the idea of ascension, through an overly literalistic interpretation of the Bible. Ascension is going to happen, and it has nothing to do with floating up in the clouds to "worship Jesus forever."

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So if there IS a Mandela effect...you have to ask yourself some questions first. Not just IS it happening, but...what causes it and if it is an intelligent being what is the motive and if it is a natural what is the cause and why does it not effect everything?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Extraordinary claims, yes.

Occam's razor... I wouldn't be quite so sure. While it is true that "aliens did it" makes grander assumptions than "humans with wood and string did it", neither are scientifically applicable to begin with. In most cases, we can only show that it's possible that humans can do it, and then conclude (correctly or incorrectly) that since the human explanation is more probable, it is correct.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Och, it's just me Gryphon, but whenever I see words like 'ascension' it's not long until words like 'rapture' appear. And then I start to twitch violently.

Seriously though, this is a fascinating sociological phenomenon and is worth studying. Kudos to all those in the thread that are trying to collaborate more info.

Trust, you are not the only one twitching here.

Yes, it is an utterly fascinating phenomenon to which I had only given light attention before this thread. I'm stunned by the ... let me just say "ecclesiastical" reactions that are ALREADY a component.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Okay, I'll play back.

But, cest la vie, eh?

Yeah. I beg to differ.

A fair and honest answer.

Thank you very much for doing so despite our contention in the thread!

I try to be as non-contentious as possible.

But what us "ME'ers" are going through can generate quite a bit of paranoia and anxiety. That's not to sound exclusivist. This is a genuine struggle.

Nice to make amends here, my friend.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
So if there IS a Mandela effect...you have to ask yourself some questions first. Not just IS it happening, but...what causes it and if it is an intelligent being what is the motive and if it is a natural what is the cause and why does it not effect everything?

The Effect is real.

The important question to me is ... what is the outcome or direction of those who accept that there have been actual CHANGES in reality rather than what I call the mundane solution that these are human memory and perceptual lapses being amplified and concatenated by the internet.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join