It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Well, perhaps a slew of folks feel they're betrayed by their once reliable minds... 'gaslighted' by the universe? That what your driving at? Heh...

I'm really curious about this and wonder how many reality shaking instances exist... poor grey matter is running out my ears.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I'm really curious about this and wonder how many reality shaking instances exist... poor grey matter is running out my ears.

Maybe your mind is a bit too open?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Definitely Phage... I know exactly how it sounds, and the likely causes... human's memories suck, we are very suggestible and end of story... but there are a couple "muscle memories" burned into my brain and I am now totally sympathetic to those positive something odd is going on.

Even psychologists aren't immune to psychosis... it's scary. Memes are real and reeaaaally contagious ... OR reality is phasing, heh, and I know which one I'd bet on.

It's a weird destabilizing feeling, for sure.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I bounced a few of these off my wife. Some of her answers:
She wasn't sure of the exact spelling but she knew Dan's last name had two Ys.
Dilemma.
Berenstein, but wasn't very surprised when I told her it is Berenstain.

I'm not climbing down from the fence yet but the side with the green grass of faulty memory looks pretty cozy right now. The implications of climbing down to the fact barren bare dirt of the other side is downright scary to me at this point and I'm not usually a fearful person. The implications being that someone is using time altering technology for a purpose yet to be known. IF that is the case, then these effects are either tests or unforeseeable consequences of using the technology. That is a rabbit hole I'd rather avoid for the sake of my own sanity.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD
Yeah, as I've said, most all of these are totally explainable and I was (politely) laughing at the folks saying New Zealand was off when they'd probably glanced at a projected/distorted map once 20 years ago and were now too proud to admit a mistake/inattention...

but, I'd be totally lying if I wasn't sure the internet is now saying several facts burned into my long term memory were now incorrect, and I used to be a competitive, ranked chess player and used to be proud of my intellect...

but not any more. This sucks.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

but not any more. This sucks.

Yeah. My mustache looked better in brown than grey.
Stupid timeline.

edit on 5/1/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Alzheimer's .. .timeline... all the same cognitively!

Let me be clear... I have no clue if this has a basis in any realty but my own and the other poor souls thinking they're experiencing this, especially since some of their perceptions differ from my own, and I know that fact indicates the usual brain fuzz common to most ... but the illusion/delusion is very strong.

Having played with chemicals doesn't help much, either, but that's almost the scariest part, as I am aware of altered cognitive states and have never had so convincing a delusion.

Either way, it's fascinating... and, well, potentially sad ...for me, at least, heh. Feeling juxtaposed is off-putting.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Fascinating from a couple of aspects, indeed.

I have never, ever relied on my memories alone. Based on that, I can't really understand how anyone can be so adamant that it is the world which has changed around them. Beyond, of course, greying mustaches.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

That's just it, I'm not saying the world changed... of course it hasn't... I'm afraid I'm losing my mind.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You're not.
Not based on this stuff anyway.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Well, you have been consistently correct in the years I've been reading you, so far, so I'm comforted by that assessment.

Doesn't change the delusion, though! Heh...

brains are funny critters, huh?

eta: at least some of them! Lucky bastard, you are, Phage.

edit on 5/1/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I came across this whole "Mandela Effect" about a year or so ago. I am one of those that remember Berenstein Bears, dilemna, etc., while still open to the fact that my memory probably isn't what it used to be. Then today I was reading this thread, and came across Eli Whitney being a white man. When I went to school, I was always taught that he was a white man. Well, some time back, I was reading posts on another site about all of this, and it said that Whitney was a black man! I immediately went to Google, and lo and behold, there was a picture of Whitney, a black man! Mind immediately blown. Now here I am today, and I see that he is white again. I go back to Google, and yep, white! Now I know that I saw a pic of him being black, there's no doubt about that, and it wasn't that long ago. I just don't know what to believe anymore.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thank you.
From what I've seen there is nothing wrong with your brain either.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

WTH is this mandela I keep seeing. Link me a easy read hun?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Oh, come on now Zaz.
www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Do you have any idea how much I love you linked a Buzzfeed article to teach Mandela effect

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

"Pretend that timelines are shifting" ... I understand that is a concept of science fiction and/or fantasy NOT reality.

Are the timelines parallel to each other and the whole timeline "shifts" or are some folks themselves "shifting" across said timelines? I've seen it presented both ways in fictional accounts (that now seem to be accepted as scientific fact).

What's the mechanism for this "shift"? What other evidence, aside from such things as children's book titles is there for these "shifts"? Why would such a shift only affect some and not all in such a "timeline"? If it's only affecting a few, why?

I'm aware (and have considered from my own experiences) all the rather "fantastic" explanations (which by the by are hardly limited to time travel) and still, in every instance, no complexity is needed beyond the very reasonable and straightforward answer that humans make mistakes, and we make mistakes in common.

I'm not asking anyone to give up their elaborate ideas that make them feel special or explain memory lapses or accept a mundane explanation over a fabulous one. I'm merely stating that every one of these can be explained simply and directly.

It's always been Reba McEntire. It's always been Drano with a long-a mark. (Link)

It's always been "No, *I* am your father."

I know this because I can look at historical photos, I own McEntire's cassettes from the 80s, and I went to see Empire in the theatre.

My explanation is simple and well-established: humans make mistakes. You're providing a prime example of what humans do when confronted with memory mistakes ... you deny that it's a mistake, you try to reason why the errant information that seems so correct to you is not wrong and is more reasonable (hmmm fancy that, almost like your mind is making pieces fit together better to fit its own narrative), and now, you all have thousands of other folks on the internet to say that they "remember it differently" as well to reinforce a common mistake.

As far as mass confabulation goes, look at the other world religions (besides your own, if you're religious).

Billions of people believe in different invisible beings that all do different things for different reasons that contradict the other invisible beings of the other billion or so who believe something else. There is no "mass confabulation"? My goodness, that's the easiest thing in the world to prove.

These facts regarding errors in human perception, in memory and in as you put it, mass confabulation, are well-demonstrated through multiple studies which I can provide links to if there's any reason to. I think there isn't because your mind is already made up.

Can you do the same? What studies exist that provide evidence for "timeshifting"?
edit on 1-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

At your service.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm just finding out about the dilemna dilemma so...

I had to pull out my Revised Edition 1975 Random House College Dictionary which my grandmother gave to me many years ago because I've always spelled dilemna with one m and one n, NOT with two m's. The word looks retarded with two m's. I always received an A+ in spelling in grade school which is where I learned to spell dilemna.

I think I'm about to have a crisis because my trusty dictionary shows the spelling as d i l e m m a. How could this beloved book fail me so?

World comes crashing down because of dilemna/dilemma.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
I'm just finding out about the dilemna dilemma so...

I had to pull out my Revised Edition 1975 Random House College Dictionary which my grandmother gave to me many years ago because I've always spelled dilemna with one m and one n, NOT with two m's. The word looks retarded with two m's. I always received an A+ in spelling in grade school which is where I learned to spell dilemna.

I think I'm about to have a crisis because my trusty dictionary shows the spelling as d i l e m m a. How could this beloved book fail me so?

World comes crashing down because of dilemna/dilemma.

I'm just wondering if you're actually serious. We all have words we misspell. Is finding one really that traumatic?

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join