It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I wonder if all these alternate timelines continue collapsing,will we even remember the "Berenstein" bears or will we wonder what the heck this thread was for?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: tweetie
I'm just finding out about the dilemna dilemma so...

I had to pull out my Revised Edition 1975 Random House College Dictionary which my grandmother gave to me many years ago because I've always spelled dilemna with one m and one n, NOT with two m's. The word looks retarded with two m's. I always received an A+ in spelling in grade school which is where I learned to spell dilemna.

I think I'm about to have a crisis because my trusty dictionary shows the spelling as d i l e m m a. How could this beloved book fail me so?

World comes crashing down because of dilemna/dilemma.

I'm just wondering if you're actually serious. We all have words we misspell. Is finding one really that traumatic?

I'm making fun of my honest dismay. It's always been dilemna.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I had to pull out my Revised Edition 1975 Random House College Dictionary which my grandmother gave to me many years ago because I've always spelled dilemna with one m and one n, NOT with two m's. The word looks retarded with two m's. I always received an A+ in spelling in grade school which is where I learned to spell dilemna.

I think I'm about to have a crisis because my trusty dictionary shows the spelling as d i l e m m a. How could this beloved book fail me so?

I'm just wondering if you're actually serious. We all have words we misspell. Is finding one really that traumatic?

Ah. It's never been anything other than dilemma; it's always been McEntire, etc. etc.

But, for example, I passed by a strip mall this evening that I've passed by probably thousands of times. It was dark, and I noticed a car go BEHIND the BUILDINGS on the RIGHT SIDE of the COMPLEX, and I would have sworn to you, if you asked that there was simply NO DRIVEWAY ON THAT SIDE.

I *remember* the curb running right alongside that edge of the building (I eat at a restaurant on that end of the place fairly regularly.) I can see it clearly in my mind.

Is it new construction? (This mall has been there since the 1950s and it sets on the lot very strangely due to the streets being widened over time.)

Have I shifted universes/timelines, etc? (Because, you know, I've been reading about such things all day long ... )

OR ... do I usually pass by the place in the daytime in heavy traffic probably late for something when no one is using the driveway on that side and I'd simply NEVER NOTICED it before?

I felt all the odd discomfiting things that we feel when reality "surprises" our memories.

Which is more likely? Shifting universes or timelines ... or poor memory/attention to detail?
edit on 1-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

What made you check?
Was it...the internet?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Ah. It's never been anything other than dilemma; it's always been McEntire, etc. etc.

But, for example, I passed by a strip mall this evening that I've passed by probably thousands of times. It was dark, and I noticed a car go BEHIND the BUILDINGS on the RIGHT SIDE of the COMPLEX, and I would have sworn to you, if you asked that there was simply NO DRIVEWAY ON THAT SIDE.

Is it new construction? Have I shifted universes/timelines, etc?

OR ... do I usually pass by the place in the daytime when no one is using the driveway on that side?

I felt all the odd discomfiting things that we feel when reality "surprises" our memories.

Which is more likely? Shifting or poor memory/attention to detail ...

I have to say your memory was correct, not because memory is always 100% but because you've been by there thousands of times (it's extremely familiar and there's no trauma surrounding the act of having driven by there thousands of times) and you "felt all the odd, discomfiting things" when you saw someone drive on the right side of that building when you were heretofore convinced there was no driveway there. That is more reliable to me than blowing it off to memory failure. Something changed. I trust your memory. If you find out someone put a driveway in there recently that would be an explanation. Barring that, something else changed.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Well, there we have it. I happen to know you as a reasonable, rational person here at ATS, and you've just told me that my memory, which is obviously denied/dispelled by reality, is actually more reliable than what I can see with my eyes, and what, I'm certain, could be established by historical photographs, the original plat of the property, etc.

I'd say we have a fairly concerning problem on our hands, and it's not whether KitKats used to have a hyphen ... thanks for your answers Tweetie. Best!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

What made you check?
Was it...the internet?

Someone mentioned it in this thread and I've always spelled the word with "mn." Decades. I was sure my dictionary would spell it that way so I had to look up the word. Spelling has always been important to me. I cringe if I come across something I've written or typed and I see a misspelled word.

I'd never heard of the Berenstein Bears until I saw this thread yesterday so that one isn't a dilemna for me and I'd never heard of the Mandela Effect until a few days ago even though I've been aware of the phenomena for several years. I didn't know it had been named.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Has anyone brought up the fact that there is no hyphen in Wal-Mart? Oh never mind, it doesn't count if the Mandela can be researched and instances of whatever being changed have been documented....right? Is Walmart changed its company logo in 1992 (hyphen to *) and 2008 (one word)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime
I only posted that once -- swear on my life, what happened to the delete button?

It would be cruel and hilarious if you spelled 1 minor thing differently in each of those reposts and later claimed it be be proof of the timeline jittering or shifting and getting caught and somehow retained by ATS, kind of like a timeline Mandela ballistics gel to capture the paths for posterity and be able to visualize otherwise difficult to observe paths...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: TombEscaper

It's an experiment. Some posters are unknowingly participating in it. Some are setting the agenda. And some are just having a bit of fun? Knowing who is setting the agenda, who is feeding off of it and being influenced by it and who is just looking for entertainment is for you to work out. Unless of course you already know your part in the game.

The Trickster will have his fun, I suppose.

"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." - Rounders

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I stumbled upon a couple of other Mandela Effects...

Does anyone Remember KitKat or Kit-Kat? It's actually KitKat but I clearly remember the dash. Did a search on Google images and watched old commercials on Youtube but have found none with the dash.

Gene Wilder is still Alive and I was stunned to hear he was because I clearly remember of it being Breaking News on CNN that he had died around 2011-2012.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ranger351

Speaking of Hyphens, do you have any idea what happened to the hyphen in Kit-Kat?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
There would be no Jiffy if the other was Skip.
An example that can be applied to most, if not all, the anomalies.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising

How many times have you typed your debit pin, or ssn? Possibly even written your own name? That's how sure I am. What are you sure of? That.

I'm saying, I don't think all those "thousands" of times you "stared" at the VHS tapes to be certain that it has "always been Aykroyd" was enough to be sure. I, myself, stare at things I'm a fan of thousands upon thousands of times, and sometimes more.

It would be like not knowing how The Beatles or Babe Ruth was spelled.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

How many times have you typed your debit pin, or ssn? Possibly even written your own name? That's how sure I am. What are you sure of? That.

I'm saying, I don't think all those "thousands" of times you "stared" at the VHS tapes to be certain that it has "always been Aykroyd" was enough to be sure. I, myself, stare at things I'm a fan of thousands upon thousands of times, and sometimes more.

It would be like not knowing how The Beatles or Babe Ruth was spelled.

Or Jorge Busch

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: peewee1263
I came across this whole "Mandela Effect" about a year or so ago. I am one of those that remember Berenstein Bears, dilemna, etc., while still open to the fact that my memory probably isn't what it used to be. Then today I was reading this thread, and came across Eli Whitney being a white man. When I went to school, I was always taught that he was a white man. Well, some time back, I was reading posts on another site about all of this, and it said that Whitney was a black man! I immediately went to Google, and lo and behold, there was a picture of Whitney, a black man! Mind immediately blown. Now here I am today, and I see that he is white again. I go back to Google, and yep, white! Now I know that I saw a pic of him being black, there's no doubt about that, and it wasn't that long ago. I just don't know what to believe anymore.

This has a very simple explanation which I posted on this thread before: in schools in the US they teach about Eli Whitney in lessons about black inventors. He was white but his invention was actually provided by his slave, only known as Sam, hence the association with Eli Whitney and him being a black man. They still do the same today, you can read about this here:

www.uh.edu...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Hi just some more thoughts about this

Gandhi
I know I always spell Delhi as in New Delhi wrong. I want spell it dehli.It always feel wrong not to. Suspect this may be the same as people thinking Gandhi was different. Due to the way the language is translated the H doesn't feel like it should be in that spot, because that's not how we use Hs in English. So therefore seems wrong. If that makes sense.

The mr Rogers thing.
I don't know the song, but in the 90s there was that song by ugly kid Joe - neighbour. And that had the line 'it's a beautiful day in THE neighborhood'.. Maybe that is the source of messed up memory?

Just some more thoughts trying to rationalise.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Well, there we have it. I happen to know you as a reasonable, rational person here at ATS, and you've just told me that my memory, which is obviously denied/dispelled by reality, is actually more reliable than what I can see with my eyes, and what, I'm certain, could be established by historical photographs, the original plat of the property, etc.

I'd say we have a fairly concerning problem on our hands, and it's not whether KitKats used to have a hyphen ... thanks for your answers Tweetie. Best!

Your memory is correct but your reality changed just a bit, enough so that it startled you.

The Reba or KitKat thing is not an issue for me but I'm leaving the door open on some of these glitches which people are noticing. I have my reasons!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: izero

See , that is kind of what I'm thinking . We may be inserting a part of another memory into the memory in question. Example I posted earlier is ' dearly beloved we are gathered here today to celebrate ( the marriage of x and y ) " is a very common term we've all heard many many times . So when the Prince lyrics come into question , I am wondering if that is what is going on. We EXPECT to hear celebrate after the opening few words and so it's easy to stick it in there mentally and assume that was the lyric.

I was talking to a friend about this and he said while it is weird, he assumes it is just a' compression' issue. When older memories get filed away they become compressed until we need them again and the longer time goes by before remembering them again, the more room there is for error. All of these memories are very old for many of us. I've not heard anyone say anything about a memory from 6 mos ago that is now ' wrong'.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

no effect Mandela effect before 1989.....?

who's been using memory manipulation too rewrite history ?

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join