It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: liliasthesorceress
a reply to: tigertatzen

Great post. Couldn't have said it better. A lot of things can't be described to other people, just like pain they can only be experienced.

Thank you. I told myself I was not going to acknowledge any of these people, but enough is enough.

I almost lost my life because a cocky ER resident refused to give me a breathing treatment when I said I was struggling to breathe. He said, "You can breathe just fine. It's just a little anxiety. If you were having trouble breathing, you wouldn't be able to talk to me, so just calm down."

Those condescending words were almost the last I ever heard. Five minutes later, after he turned the light off and walked out, leaving me in complete darkness, I went into acute respiratory arrest. A tech had forgotten her pen and came back to get it, or I would not be typing this right now.

That same resident came back to me later and apologized to me for not listening when I told him I knew I was in trouble. He said he believed I was sent to teach him a valuable lesson. But I learned a lesson too.

I learned that if something doesn't feel right, I should not listen to anyone who tries to tell me to ignore my own instincts...and even more importantly, I should not trust them.

My dad had this saying, "never trust a person who puts salt on their food without tasting it first". People who tell you that you are wrong to look for other answers and question those which do not feel true are never operating in your best interest.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

You know what they say about extraordinary claims, right?

Occam's razor might also be an appropriate reference.

Occam's razor, the idiot's guide to dealing with what they don't understand, used to replace facts and observations, the very thing it claims is needed.
Duly noted.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
^^FYI Occam's razor says the exact opposite. By simplest explanation, they mean the explanation that requires the fewest assumptions, so facts are not disregarded.

originally posted by: kibric
imgur.com...

gota be fake right....?

paranormalstoriess.com...

Interesting, although anybody can edit wiki, so I could see it easily being faked. But it also begs the question. If this person lived in an alternate reality for a day and took a screen shot, why would the screen shot come back with them after they left? In all other cases of the Mandela effect, when you look at the old books and screen shots, it reflects this reality only. Too much doesn't add up about this one.
edit on 5 2 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

On the contrary. When applied appropriately, it depends upon facts and observations. It helps to avoid creating assumptions to support other assumptions.

edit on 5/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

agreed but we need data

" i cannot make bricks without clay "

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

On the contrary. When applied appropriately, it depends upon facts and observations. It helps to avoid creating assumptions to support other assumptions.

Perhaps you should review the scientific method. It starts with observations, which is what's going on here. It doesn't start with "i've decided that everyone else is idiots because they don't follow my belief system and shouldn't be allowed to think for themselves, so I'll quote occam's razor instead of saying anything of substance"

This thread has been somewhat derailed (good job guys, you earned your pay, or made yourselves feel better about some inner insecurity, I dunno), but I think we actually got what we needed out of it already, and we can move forward with fresh approaches to ME, with some ideas in mind as we continue to experience these changes.

How Occam's Razor fails: Example: I drop my pen from my desk and it hits the floor. The simplest explanation is that the ground pulled the pen to the floor. Truth is that space and time are curved in a manner we can't see or easily detect and the pen fell because of the dimensional warping. Occam's razor is not scientific. It's not always wrong, but the simplest explanations sometimes just aren't true. It's a poor substitute for critical thinking. Occam's razor is even more preposterous if applied to quantum physics.
edit on 2-5-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: TombEscaper

Ok. I'm pedantic about language, you'll have to forgive me. What's a 'quantum evolution'? Some of us are going to awaken to a truer reality and some of us aren't? It will be forced on us when we least expect it?

If that is true, how should we best start adapting and what can we expect in the new reality?

It's fine!

What you say is pretty close to the truth as I see it. There is no evolution without discomfort. Change is always uncomfortable, even in a mundane sense of our day-to-day affairs. How much more uncomfortable will it be when dealing with a collective, cosmic evolution! This is what things like the crop circles have been prodding us to be aware of for some time now.

This is also Biblical. There are many admonitions in the Bible from the one we call "Jesus," to be prepared, to not be found sleeping when the light is revealed. This is the light that will reveal who we really are, at the core of our essence. Can we look in the mirror and accept what we see, or are there some things that we need to change before there is no more secret-keeping?

Who knows what we can expect in the new reality! But it is up to us, both individually and collectively, to either make that new reality pleasurable, disastrous, or something in between.

Wow. You are one of those people whom I would enjoy having a conversation with. We seem to be quite like-minded. Very eloquent.

I'm not going to list off every anomalous event I've been experiencing, because it would derail this awesome thread. But I've been looking things up in Revelations lately, and I'm finding some disturbing parallels.

I am not christian, but I do believe that the bible is something of an historical document, as well as prophetic (so are other religious texts) and as a child I was very drawn to the book of Revelations. And I have been noticing a lot of things that have caused me to revisit it, thirty years later.

This is quite possibly part of it. In a way, that would almost comfort me. At least it would be an evil I'm familiar with, albeit far removed from what I have always considered my reality.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I distinctly remember the Berenstain spelling because, as a new reader, I found it unusual. Leonard Bernstein was a notable celebrity in those days, so I noticed the difference. As for Reba, her series was called "Reba." I only ever heard her last name pronounced, so I never really gave much thought to how it might be spelled.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: amazing
So if there IS a Mandela effect...you have to ask yourself some questions first. Not just IS it happening, but...what causes it and if it is an intelligent being what is the motive and if it is a natural what is the cause and why does it not effect everything?

The Effect is real.

The important question to me is ... what is the outcome or direction of those who accept that there have been actual CHANGES in reality rather than what I call the mundane solution that these are human memory and perceptual lapses being amplified and concatenated by the internet.

But why is there this effect and why does it not effect everything? Why only a few specific things?

Beg pardon, let me be more clear.

The Effect is real. It is a sociological phenomenon that combines the effect of enhanced technologies for instantaneous communication and individual commentary with the well-established human frailties regarding memory, perception and, in some cases, cognition. It reflects a trend to ignore standard scientific knowledge in favor of emotional/intuitive beliefs.

The Effect, at least, based on what I have observed, has nothing to do with alternate universes, timelines, dimensions, Jesus or the Devil. It's just good ol' human limitations amplified by thousands.
edit on 2-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Occam's razor is about fewest assumptions, not just the "easiest" explanation. You might want to go back and do some reading on that. If you are debating between 2 possibilities to explain a certain phenomenon and you have one that is backed by evidence while the other is not, it is safe to assume the evidence backed possibility is likely the accurate one. That's how it works. The explanation with FEWEST ASSUMPTIONS is usually true, not just the easiest or simplest idea you can think of. That's actually a common misconception about Occam's razor.

The Mandela effect can not be observed or measured in science. It is based solely on subjective personal experiences and memories. It's basically like claiming you saw a ghost or UFO. That alone isn't enough to verify it.
edit on 5 2 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The simplest explanation is that the ground pulled the pen to the floor. Truth is that space and time are curved in a manner we can't see or easily detect and the pen fell because of the dimensional warping.

You are misapplying Occam's razor. It does not say that the simplest explanation is the correct one.
Nor did I, btw.

edit on 5/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE
You can't convince them outright that it's faulty memory, and I'm not saying you're wrong. It's just that they don't owe anyone here their beliefs. They don't owe you or me an explanation. They have their own thought processes that they have to go through. Allow them that so you don't get frustrated. I'm sure they have heard you. You're theory is bookmarked until further notice.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything ... that is a fool's game.

I am stating what I know to be true in terms that are reasonable and logical. Unless asked, I've tried not to correspond with what anyone else has said. It is my belief that scientific methods of understanding the world are the most reasonable and rational. I did not arrive at that understanding overnight, and I've spent my time deeper in just about any alternative belief system than most ... so, in a manner of speaking, this is not my first rodeo with these kinds of topics.

Thanks for your advice, but, I'm a member here, and a part of the discussion ... despite the empty accusations I haven't been rude or acted without decorum with any member here.

I just feel like the normal explanation for these "events" deserves at least as much time as the fantastic ones, for several reasons, ONE OF WHICH is that if there is "something going on" we won't discover it by "going with our feelings."

Thanks.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

The Mandela effect can not be observed or measured in science. It is based solely on subjective personal experiences and memories. It's basically like claiming you saw a ghost or UFO. That alone isn't enough to verify it.

Excellent observation as well.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

This thread has been somewhat derailed (good job guys, you earned your pay, or made yourselves feel better about some inner insecurity, I dunno), but I think we actually got what we needed out of it already, and we can move forward with fresh approaches to ME, with some ideas in mind as we continue to experience these changes.

Who is "being paid"? What an empty silly accusation! Why is that the only possible reason that some of us are even bothering to be in the discussion.

I'm here because I'm an ATS member with something to say on this topic. I've considered it, researched it, and have come to conclusions. What some posters, perhaps like you yourself, have to come to terms with is that good people look at the same data that you do and come up with what is a more reasonable, rational explanation of the data.

No one wants you to believe that these items are all explainable in mundane, non-fanstastic terms. You will not see (I don't believe) any of us attacking anyone on the "fantastic" solution side as we have been attacked (for example, by you accusing us of being "paid")

There's more than one way to look at this, and there is no reason, whatsoever, that we can't interact with each other civilly.

edit on 2-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted 2

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
This is quite possibly part of it. In a way, that would almost comfort me. At least it would be an evil I'm familiar with, albeit far removed from what I have always considered my reality.

Please watch this when you can, it's only 2.09 minutes.

He shows evidence of the Berenstein Bears name.
I had posted links in this thread, linking to some of what he shows in the video.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet
jacy
edit on 2-5-2016 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: jacygirl

Notice the pretend gestures of friendship & collaboration that agents of the enemy offer in the immediate aftermath of a scathing rebuke. It's a common tactic to make themselves appear reasonable & open-minded in the later stages of a thread in which they have been anything but reasonable & open-minded. Their work is largely complete, they made a number of truth seekers feel too uncomfortable to participate any further - after the rebukes to these scoundrels which were intelligently delivered by the drivers of the intellectually honest inquiry, comes the cleanup operation, where they try to float along to the natural ending of the thread on a wave of pretend sympathy for the main protagonists - who were being shouted down & mocked by them only a few pages earlier. The beginning & end of a thread is what most people see, so don't be fooled by these tactics, stay strong & remain committed to your vision.

"Agents of the enemy" LOL. Are you kidding?

Dude, we're talking about topics on a message board. You like belief, I like facts.

If I may say so, your posts are sounding more cultish with every one you make though.

And you haven't "rebuked" anything. You made a few aggrandizing comments that you and your clique are now self-congratulating each other on.

If you've got such a mainline on the truth of "the Mandela Effect" why don't you spell it out?

And drop the victim complex.

This is where I actually come to believe Flyln's take, because of how absurd you are while at the same time rationally plotting out manipulative ways of attacking with the same point. Commenting on a message board read by multiple people would concern those who do not wish such subjects spoken about. I had a YouTube channel where I voiced political opinions. The videos didn't have that many views, yet I got people contacting me, trying to find out my personal information. The most absurd was someone who claimed to be a member of Anonymous. He accused me of "hiding in the shadows," despite the fact that I was putting my face and my voice out for all to see, in an attempt to shame me into revealing my full identity. He meanwhile stayed anonymous...

You've held onto one simple point: memories are flawed. It has been explained to you that these aren't simple memories, but vivid knowings of what we have experienced, beyond any question for us. But it doesn't matter how many times you reword your point or how we reword our answer, it will continue to loop and loop. You will justify this by stating that you have not received an answer, which is a lie because you have, but you will play this simple little game of appealing to the simpler minded posters/readers, to massage them on this simple point which, for some, might seem to be explain everything we have to say away. Of course, it doesn't. There are multiple records of the timeline we remember persisting and key facts such as a large number of people remembering the same precise things, but you will gloss over anything that supports our being right to focus on your single means of attack: memories are flawed.

Flylyn is right. There are so many posters like you, all using the same lame tactics. It is becoming quite transparent.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Thanks for yet another long commentary about what you think about me.

Let me be frank again: I don't care. I'm not posting here for you, or to fit in with your worldview.

Focusing on the reasonable rational and dare I say "real world" solution to these issues is very far from absurd.

The arrogance with which so many of you seem goaded to respond to me is stunning and telling. I dont' need anyone to "explain" anything to me, frankly, and simply because I do not accede to your beliefs and the beliefs of others, and have thus far not let your attacks frustrate me into leaving this discussion I guess just really gets your goat.

If you are certain in your beliefs, BE CERTAIN. Enjoy them! I'm glad you have found a solution for the quandaries that present themselves in regard to the oddities that are being collected under the phrase "The Mandela Effect."

Is it because a reminder that every single one of these "anomalies" can be explained in non-fantastic terms is so troubling to your belief structure? Why? Why is that you and several others have to accuse those of us who have a differing opinion of being shills, trolls, disinfo agents what have you???

We're ATS members with the same rights and privileges as you and the clique you seem so intent on "defending."

May I suggest again that you leave your personal attitudes towards me or any other poster out of the equation and focus on the topic?

I at least would appreciate that.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
This link in particular, is for a cartoonist-illustrator who specializes in comics for the children's market...including licensed character artwork for publishing, advertising, merchandising and the web.
If you scroll down the page you will find a box of licensed characters that he has drawn with full creator approval, including such names as Disney, Popeye, Garfield....and The BerenSTEIN Bears.

www.ronzalme.com...

Credible? I will let you decide.

jacygirl

This is my message (copy & pasted) from the other thread 'Very weird theory..." dated June 25, 2014 .
Once on the site, you need to scroll down more than halfway, but you'll see it.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

You did a poor test. First off all, you CAN do the exact same thing with Berenstain bears. Second of all, look at the links with the name spelled wrong (what you think is right). Many of them have images of the title. See how they are misspelling the name even with the picture right there???

Her name has always been what you think it wasn't. You are relying on other people getting it wrong to support your case. It's a logical fallacy and the same one that this group of Mandela effect people use to try and prove their point.

You can't support a case with circular logic and logical fallacies.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

That's so interesting. It does seem, so far, that the majority of us are English speaking. However, I would still like to see how many people from around the world come out about it in the future.

Your pins on a map idea seems logical. For all we know the Mandela Effect may be centered in certain geological areas.

Yes, differing opinions can be taken too personally for sure. For an open, honest discussion, everyone needs to be comfortable in discussing it. It's a shame how it gets thrown off though by trolls. It pushes people on the defensive, then when an honest skeptic like you makes a point, it can easily be taken personally as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join