It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

Well, let's agree to disagree on that. I don't think ascension will happen, but you do, that's fine too. I'm seeing this from a sociological view point, which is what I studied many moons ago. Hence my desire to measure it because it is fascinating, no mistake about it.
It feels like you think this is the dawning of something larger and I see this as something very human, which could teach us a huge amount about human behaviour and memory. Either way, if folk are saying they notice these changes, that's worth collating.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

originally posted by: Gryphon66

There is a quantum evolution set for mankind, and there will be no avoiding it. Those who want to cling to the "old way" will have a very difficult time with it. Those who have been accepting of this strangeness will most likely have a path of less resistance, but it still may not be pleasant.

Yet, only a few posts ago, you (and others) were claiming that acceptance of non-mundane beliefs about "The Mandela Effect" didn't have anything to do with people feeling like they were "special" or part of some "cult-like" group.

Now, you're evolutionary mutants who will leave mundane humanity "behind" ... wait a minute, where have I heard something like that before ... ?

This is one of many reasons why allowed one's self to become "unmoored" from reality is quite dangerous.

Okay, I'll play back.

If the way you see things makes it come across as though we are lifting ourselves up as some special beings, that's a problem with your perception. The people that are experiencing this are only trying to figure out what is going on.

Yeah, I changed the post not to be directed at you, because I wanted to honor the fact that you were "ignoring" me.

But, cest la vie, eh?

Right, so saying that you're on a special evolutionary track that will leave others who don't believe as you do behind DOESN'T make you different or special?

And anyone who says it does is just ... wrong? In error? Would you even say, heretical?

Yeah. I beg to differ.

We are ALL on the evolutionary track. It's simply a matter of accepting that fact. You can't condemn the people who have begun to accept it simply because YOU won't. You are free to do so.

Aside from the arrogance inherent in the idea that you know my "evolutionary status" ... may I ask how much you think the "Mandela Effect" has to do with Jesus, as you mentioned above?

Because what you're promoting here, i.e. your take on the "Mandela Effect" seems to be more and more in line with a variation on standard Christianity ... you know ... "many are called but few are chosen" ... "salvation is available to all but only the Elect will accept it" etc. etc.

Is that a fair statement of your belief regarding the Mandela Effect?

I can't answer your questions with any specificity. I can tell you that through many journeys and experiences, I'm sure there is a "happy ending" for all. But the fact is, some will come to that happy ending before others. The Mandela Effect, I believe, is a "trinket" being tossed to us (like the crop circles) as a prompt to awaken to what is coming. What is coming? I don't know, precisely. But it's something.

A fair and honest answer.

Thank you very much for doing so despite our contention in the thread!

I try to be as non-contentious as possible.

But what us "ME'ers" are going through can generate quite a bit of paranoia and anxiety. That's not to sound exclusivist. This is a genuine struggle.

Nice to make amends here, my friend.

It is a struggle. I can see and understand that. As I've said, I've experienced some of these anomalies myself (and do).

I'm merely interacting to offer an alternative solution that will help some people. Despite my tendency to argue, LOL.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The Effect is real

what effect ?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Many of us have done a lot of random sampling amongst our (non-internet) peers, which has only reinforced the certainty of what we remember, through their answers.

That's ideal. Agree a number of participants (eg 50), ask them pre-agreed questions, write down their answers and present them. That would be a quick way of getting a data set that you were then able to measure.

Us who are experiencing this really need to "get our stuff together." Some sort of questionnaire for people, 20 or so questions, to get folks to see that reality is changing. When they see that they're wrong on 15 or more questions that they are sure they were right about, that may trigger an awakening.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

The Effect is real

what effect ?

The Mandela Effect.

Check out the OP.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

memories before
the Mandela effect was popular pre 1990s ?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Well, let's agree to disagree on that. I don't think ascension will happen, but you do, that's fine too. I'm seeing this from a sociological view point, which is what I studied many moons ago. Hence my desire to measure it because it is fascinating, no mistake about it.
It feels like you think this is the dawning of something larger and I see this as something very human, which could teach us a huge amount about human behaviour and memory. Either way, if folk are saying they notice these changes, that's worth collating.

I speak presumptively and assumptively. That's the optimist in me, I reckon. The truth is, I have no idea what the hell is going on. But I do believe we are all collectively involved in what happens.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

memories before
the Mandela effect was popular pre 1990s ?

As far as I know, the "Mandela Effect" so named is phenomenon of the last few years ... from no further back than the mid-2000s.

People who have noted faulty memories and other confabulations have always existed though ... it's part of being human.

EDIT: Let me amend that to 2010. The Mandela Effect - Know Your Meme
edit on 2-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
No, I think he was outside doing something in the shed coz I remeber him running inside to see what the commotion was all about. So he didn't actually see my brother falling but it was him who drove us to the hospital. He borrowed our neighbor's truck. So it's still weird that he doesn't remember anything at all.

In hindsight, it would've helped if my brother broke a bone or two so we could've had some physical evidence lol. That's bad...sorry

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IQPREREQUISITE

your story i have heard it before somewhere.....

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Obviously the falliblity of human memory is the most likely scenario here.

But in order to drive the psycho social experiment on, some of the posters are obviously pushing the boundaries as far as they can to make other members believe there is something odd going on and that time lines really are being changed. Until they accept it cannot be denied.

The problem is that those who believe time lines are being changed do not know actually know who is pushing them to believe this. It could be the ones encouraging others to ignore those with a rational explanation (or even taking them on directly in an effort to silence them). Or it could be a more subtle effect.

Others are simply here to have a bit of fun. Whilst those who just observe are the ones who will gain the most.

I see your point.

Do you think standing up for basic logic is helping or hindering the situation?

Not to crash in on your convo but the way I see and handle theories and opinions is like this:

I've heard the matrix simulation theory... Check.
I've heard the time travel theory... Check.
Now I'm hearing the faulty memory theory... Check.
Anything else?

So you see. I'm still in the process of collecting theories and opinions out there, however mundane, obvious or wild they may seem. If all the cards have been laid out, then that will be the only time I will make my decision on the matter. But still I do my own little fact checking on the side at the same time.

Maybe it's the same for others. You can't convince them outright that it's faulty memory, and I'm not saying you're wrong. It's just that they don't owe anyone here their beliefs. They don't owe you or me an explanation. They have their own thought processes that they have to go through. Allow them that so you don't get frustrated. I'm sure they have heard you. You're theory is bookmarked until further notice.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
So if there IS a Mandela effect...you have to ask yourself some questions first. Not just IS it happening, but...what causes it and if it is an intelligent being what is the motive and if it is a natural what is the cause and why does it not effect everything?

The Effect is real.

The important question to me is ... what is the outcome or direction of those who accept that there have been actual CHANGES in reality rather than what I call the mundane solution that these are human memory and perceptual lapses being amplified and concatenated by the internet.

But why is there this effect and why does it not effect everything? Why only a few specific things?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

your story i have heard it before somewhere.....

Really? Don't scare me please lol

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

yes i have heard it before and the quote

" it would've helped if my brother broke a bone or two so we could've had some physical evidence"

have you posted this story anywhere else ?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
imgur.com...

gota be fake right....?

paranormalstoriess.com...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE

originally posted by: mirageman

Obviously the falliblity of human memory is the most likely scenario here.

But in order to drive the psycho social experiment on, some of the posters are obviously pushing the boundaries as far as they can to make other members believe there is something odd going on and that time lines really are being changed. Until they accept it cannot be denied.

The problem is that those who believe time lines are being changed do not know actually know who is pushing them to believe this. It could be the ones encouraging others to ignore those with a rational explanation (or even taking them on directly in an effort to silence them). Or it could be a more subtle effect.

Others are simply here to have a bit of fun. Whilst those who just observe are the ones who will gain the most.

I see your point.

Do you think standing up for basic logic is helping or hindering the situation?

I've heard the matrix simulation theory... Check.
I've heard the time travel theory... Check.
Now I'm hearing the faulty memory theory... Check.
Anything else?

Psy-ops.
Replica Earth.
Memory manipulation.
The Apocalypse.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

yes i have heard it before and the quote

" it would've helped if my brother broke a bone or two so we could've had some physical evidence"

have you posted this story anywhere else ?

Nope! You serious?!
edit on 2-5-2016 by IQPREREQUISITE because: Typo

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Only a few posts ago, the claim was repeatedly made that acceptance of non-mundane beliefs about "The Mandela Effect" didn't have anything to do with people feeling like they were "special" or part of some "cult-like" group.

Now, those who do so are evolutionary mutants who will leave mundane humanity "behind" ... wait a minute, where have I heard something like that before ... ? Oh thats right, every cult-like group of the modern era (and ancient for that matter).

This is one of many reasons why allowing one's self to become so "unmoored" from reality is quite dangerous, in my opinion.

What happens when someone decides they are "more advanced" and claim special privileges based on their greater "evolution"?

What happens when someone believes that they have to "make things right" by killing someone prominent or not because they were dangerous "in their old time-line"?

Please think about these things ... I'm not saying that any of you HERE would do anything crazy, but there are people who are mentally ill and disturbed for whom these "beliefs" will play directly into their sicknesses ... I would think that the "evolutionarily" advanced would take fellow humans into account ...

No one has claimed to be "advanced" or "special" here. In fact, we have repeatedly stated the exact opposite. You are one of the ONLY people making these claims. And you have been relentlessly beating that particular dead horse, despite your disclaimers to the contrary.

You (and others) are NOT simply asking questions to gain understanding or just reminding us of how what we are describing defies the physical laws of this world. Which we already know, as we have also stated, repeatedly.

What you ARE doing however, is telling...not suggesting, or seeking answers but TELLING us that we are not actually experiencing these phenomena. That our memories are just faulty. That these things have ALWAYS been this way, not as we remember them.

You are implying that you somehow have more knowledge about what we see with our own eyes and what happens inside our minds better than we do. You do not.

Unless you have found some way to jump into MY body and hijack MY thoughts and memories and experience MY entire life moment by moment since birth, you have no business telling me what I see and remember or don't.

In hospitals, they employ a standard for measuring pain in patients. Why? Because medical SCIENCE acknowledges and respects the fact that pain is entirely subjective.

If I say I'm in excruciating pain, but I'm not crying, yelling, grimacing, clenching my muscles, writhing around, or exhibiting any of the other visual or auditory signs that typically portray a person who is in pain, any reasoning, rational, intelligent human being is going to question that. In fact, that used to be precisely the--not one of but THE determining factor in the decision to give a patient pain relief.

Now, if a patient asks for more pain meds and their needs are not addressed, the hospital can get into a whole lot of trouble because now medical SCIENCE dictates that the ONLY person who can decide if they are in pain or not is the patients themselves.

You can doubt a patient all day long, but you cannot tell that patient that human science has identified numerous behaviors which are telltale markers for a human being that is experiencing pain, and based on that, you know that they can't possibly be in pain. That was a long-held belief up until fairly recently, and it could not have been more erroneous.

So if you're my nurse, and I look you straight in the eye and calmly, stoically state to you that I am at a 10 out of 10 on the Pain Scale (a universal ten-scale, 1 being little to no pain and ten being the worst pain you have ever felt) whilst filing my nails and eating a cheeseburger, you still had better take my word for it and go inform the physician overseeing my care that your patient is in need of immediate pain relief.

That's because medical SCIENCE respects the fact that you do not live in my body. You cannot feel what I feel...in fact, your eyes can literally NEVER see exactly what I see, even if you are standing right next to me because the eyes are useless without the brain and you do not share my brain. That every single person experiences pain in their own unique way and that we have no right to assume that we can possibly know what their pain feels like.

They did extensive studies to come to this conclusion and found that untold amounts of people over the decades before this was rectified had suffered in pain, and even died as a result in many cases, because somebody presumed to know them better than they knew themselves.

By the same token, you and others like you on this thread have no business telling us that what we're describing is not real, or isn't possible or that we're just being sucked in by some mass hysteria or trying to start a CULT ffs...or that we think we're "special" or "advanced" in some way.

You want to make suggestions? Fine. You want to respect the fact that some can perceive these things and some cannot, and try to help find an explanation that allows for the fact that whether or not you can see it, we DO and it is as real as pain is to medical science? Fine. By all means.

Anything else is nothing but you trying to derail the thread and harass people for opening up and sharing something that is very scary and difficult to talk about. There are others who are not behaving as you are, and are offering suggestions and actually trying to understand. So you have zero excuse. Stop saying you're doing one thing while we can clearly see you're actually doing something else. Walk the talk or just walk away and leave us alone.

edit on 31272America/ChicagoMon, 02 May 2016 14:27:48 -050031pm31122America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: Punctuation saves lives

edit on 31342America/ChicagoMon, 02 May 2016 14:34:07 -050031pm31122America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: So does spelling

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Great post. Couldn't have said it better. A lot of things can't be described to other people, just like pain they can only be experienced.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

yes

i have read many stories about parallel universes
your story is very familiar
im trying to track down where i saw it 1st

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join