It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Thanks Ketsuko,

I don't have much else to say at the moment except its nice to see you, whom I respect, and other ats members that I respect as well, at least sort of on my side.

I don't always word things the best, but I stay honest.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
this is a media perception/internet issue to me

if you are sensitive to something, you see every example as validation and I think the issue becomes larger in your mind than in reality

to me, people haven't changed since I can remember going back to the 80's

what has changed is our expose to their ideas via twitter, facebook, etc

add to that a political election year and the information spin and influence and exposeure and control goes into high gear

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Well some fight back against these social justice warriors that want political correctness too bad

Another example of silly people, offended by Halloween customs

Political correctness has it's faults, it stops people from talking out against things that are bad if they are done by people being defended by political correctness and social justice warriors.

It also creates hypocrisy, for example a social justice warrior that condemns a person that merely disagrees with certain lifestyles of groups that have alternative morality, BUT if a certain minority group wants to kill these same people under their moral code, they say nothing, because they are a minority group too.

That second video I saw before but it still amazes me how stupid this girl is. I hope she is ashamed by her disgusting (and inaccurate) outburst. Hopefully future potential employers will see it and she will be kept out of any supervisory or management position for the rest of her life.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Here's my thing: I will not deny that people are wronged all throughout society for a variety of reasons. We are human beings and we come up with all kinds of terrible ways to treat each other and come up with all kinds of stupid reasons why we're going to be trolls.

However, to me, the term "social justice" is as meaningless as the term "utopia." My definition of the term is equality of outcome, and since you will never have total equality of outcome for all anymore than you will have utopia, then SJWs are basically fighting a meaningless and endless fight for something that will never happen. There will never be legally enforced equality of outcome anymore than there will ever be legally enforced utopia and for the same reasons. We might as well say that social justice is the modern re-branding of utopia by the progressive left.

Effectively, what ends up happening is a never ending outcry for more and more laws, regulations and restrictions on how you and I and everyone else can go about our daily business. Speech codes, thought codes, etc. Eventually, you turn around and the very freedoms and liberties you think you see enshrined in the foundational documents come tacked on with a bunch of unwritten umbras and penumbras by the very people who insist they are perfectly free ... to say and do nothing of any real consequence except venerate Kim Kardashian's butt all day.

I would say that in another time and place in history SJWs were referred to as useful idiots.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Rather than get into the entire story, i was arrested inappropriately, which left my oldest son and my neice (7 and 8 at the time) standing on the side of the road at the school bus stop 5 blocks away, and around a corner. The officer refused to even believe that I had children.

He's lucky i didn't leave him with brain trauma after that stunt. And I accept no fault or blame in the situation whatsoever. So move along.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Rather than get into the entire story, i was arrested inappropriately, which left my oldest son and my neice (7 and 8 at the time) standing on the side of the road at the school bus stop 5 blocks away, and around a corner. The officer refused to even believe that I had children.

He's lucky i didn't leave him with brain trauma after that stunt. And I accept no fault or blame in the situation whatsoever. So move along.

It happens - I hope you don't continue to give police officers grief though. The fact you spent a night in jail made it worse no doubt.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Thanks Ketsuko,

I don't have much else to say at the moment except its nice to see you, whom I respect, and other ats members that I respect as well, at least sort of on my side.

I don't always word things the best, but I stay honest.

I for one enjoyed our little exchange, I wasn't offended, and appreciate your honesty.

But apparently you have chosen sides so be prepared to be called out on your BS and don't whine. It can get real ugly on the boards especially in this political climate.

BTW....we all call it as we see it. You're not special snowflake!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

There will never be legally enforced equality of outcome anymore than there will ever be legally enforced utopia and for the same reasons. We might as well say that social justice is the modern re-branding of utopia by the progressive left.

The abolitionists were misguided?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
olaru, Thanks dude

You're alright with me.
edit on 23-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: i dont know what happened

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: amazing

Excellent non-answer.

The population has been mostly white for centuries... . . . . well you know, if you go back far enough, but hey thats another white guilt thread.

I'm still not sure why you keep talking about guilt? It really has nothing to do with my/our conversation. Back on point, if the majority of the population is white and psychologically we like and help and mentor and gravitate to people that our like ourselves, can't you see that there is an advantage to being white?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You don't seem to understand what pervasive is.

You mean statistics presented in the media? Thas a bunch of BS. The system protects itself. It keeps the dirt hidden.

You could have 1,000 examples and it would not be pervasive if that represented a tiny fraction of the overall group (in this case the police force).

There are almost 1 million police officers in the United States.

Full of bullies, minions, and the rest preserving the status quo, looking the other way…

Read "Serpico". The last whistle blower cop that I know of.

The problem is not the police force, it's crime. Police, in general, target the crime, not the people.

Police guard crime as well. Also preserving the status quo. Modern protection racket, how else can drugs and gangs be so 'pervasive'?

The US spends trillions on blowing up whole countries abroad, regime changing and subjugating whole populations, but can't seem to get a handle on a few gangsters here at home.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Your post makes sense but you veered off the point a little thus....when you consider world powers--US, UK, Australia, Germany, France...majority population white. I understand that if I lived in India or Japan or China, being white would be a hindrance. But living the the USA...It's a huge advantage. That's the point.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Excellent non-answer.

The population has been mostly white for centuries... . . . . well you know, if you go back far enough, but hey thats another white guilt thread.

I'm still not sure why you keep talking about guilt? It really has nothing to do with my/our conversation. Back on point, if the majority of the population is white and psychologically we like and help and mentor and gravitate to people that our like ourselves, can't you see that there is an advantage to being white?

You are talking about community, I think.
If you are talking about decision making for jobs, elections, etc then you are talking about widespread racism (which does not exist)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If you work for it, if you study hard, if you put in sweat equity, then it's not "privilege".

But we've allowed the SJW's to reclassify success.

How am I reclassifying success?

Are you a SJW?

If so, you're reclassifying success as privilege and wealthy disparity.

No, I'm reclassifying and changing the definition of Social Justice Warrior. I'm that, but I'm not the 12 year old, gamergate definition of Social Justice Warrior. I stand up for social issues, like equal rights, anti bullying anti online harrasment..etc.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Excellent non-answer.

You are talking about community, I think.
If you are talking about decision making for jobs, elections, etc then you are talking about widespread racism (which does not exist)

It's more subtle than that. Basic psychology dictates that if I'm hiring someone for a job, and they look like me, act like me, have the same hobbies, religion or country of origin as me...they've already got an advantage in the hiring process. We like people who are like ourselves. It doesn't mean I won't hire someone completely different than me with a great skillset, but that guy that is just like me, well, he's already on top of the list.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowen20
Who the hell actually takes SJW's seriously anyway?
The trick is to not give a ****, and life is a lot easier when dealing with them. Just live your life being who you are and not worry about their self devouring cult. It even becomes fun to trigger them and watch them squirm when the chance prsents itself. LOL

I will tell you who takes them seriously .... The school system, the teachers association etc, politicians.... Right now schools are being blackmailed into
Forcing transgender ism into their curriculum and into bathroom rules. It's a fact.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

It happens - I hope you don't continue to give police officers grief though. The fact you spent a night in jail made it worse no doubt.

I don't tend to treat people with broad brushes. I may be more wary about my words/actions around a cop, I also employ them for security and work with them professionally now. All it took to be treated differently: cut my long hair and wear business casual clothing. Im the same man that was harassed....just in a different book cover.

That cop was demoted and worked the local park before eventually just being terminated. He was a bad apple, and his peers on the force hated him as much as I did.

And the force we have today is a faaaarrrr cry better than 20 years ago. They had a string of corruption that had to be dealt with, but its getting better now.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
SJW are a funny kind, yes they are full of hate, yes if you dont agree with their views they label you a fascist, and yes if you are white and heterosexual you are weird.... Most seem to be incapable of rational arguments, debate, and are just fueled by change because they themselves are incapable of fighting for their own ambitions and blame the system! most are weak minded sheeps, filled with guilt over things that happened in the past, which gives in their mind, a reason to exist... 10 years ago, there was no SJWS, I remember the left having some considerate inteligent activists who could argue toe to toe with anyone.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

There will never be legally enforced equality of outcome anymore than there will ever be legally enforced utopia and for the same reasons. We might as well say that social justice is the modern re-branding of utopia by the progressive left.

The abolitionists were misguided?

WHile I get what you are saying, and agree with the sentiment on its basis....to compare the brave folks who stood against the tide of public opinion in those days, to the whiners who demand to have the word "Trump" removed from their schools, is really an injustice in and of itself.

all the whining about the whiners aside....what I like is the sheer volume of philosophy that is being bantered about in the world today. That much discussion can only lead to distilation of those ideas at a higher rate, which cannot be a bad thing IMO.

Our world is facing serious social issues. Issues that really only matter now because of our population density, honestly. If we are to continue growing, we need to get these issues resolved. Humans who cannot live together are poor humans, indeed. And with how small the world has gotten....its not like we have a choice.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: snowen20
Who the hell actually takes SJW's seriously anyway?
The trick is to not give a ****, and life is a lot easier when dealing with them. Just live your life being who you are and not worry about their self devouring cult. It even becomes fun to trigger them and watch them squirm when the chance prsents itself. LOL

I will tell you who takes them seriously .... The school system, the teachers association etc, politicians.... Right now schools are being blackmailed into
Forcing transgender ism into their curriculum and into bathroom rules. It's a fact.

But if my child is bullied at school and the school system does nothing about it, and I go there and press them to do something. Am I not a social justice warrior? What if my child was a lesbian and your child harrased them and I put a stop to it? Does that make me wrong or right or a social justice warrior? What if my child was killed by a police officer and I thought it was unjustified and I protested, does that make me wrong or right?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join