It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

There is only "you" if we are discussing you.

I don't believe we are. That would be against T&C.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Example:

I go into a store and buy a few t-shirts and a pair of jeans. I pay, walk out.

My black friend walks into the same store, gets followed around by security and has his reciept checked on the way out to make sure he isn't stealing, just because he's black.

As a white male, I don't have to teach my children about systemic racism for their daily safety/protection like my black friend.

As a white male, I can be 10 minutes late for something and it not be chalked up to my race, unlike my black friend.

I can gain employment with an "equal opportunity employer" and not have to worry that my new co-workers think I only got the job because of my race, and hold it against me.

I can pretty much rent any apartment I want, as long as I have a deposit.

As a white person, I don't have to act as a spokesperson for my entire race.

Generally, I won't be called a thug or terrorist. Even Dylann Roof's church rampage was downplayed as a "mental disorder" instead of a racist, terrorist act.

If I screw up badly, it doesn't somehow automatically reflect on my entire race as a whole.

It isn't like someone just hands me money, gives me jobs or get of out jail free cards. As a white male cultural appropriation can't happen, because my culture IS THE dominant culture. I'm pretty much always in my element as a white male. It doesn't make me or you a "bad person".

That's the other part of it, the misunderstood guilt turned to anger. It comes out of people as anger but it's really a form of guilt, because no one WANTS to be told they're privileged...it makes them feel racist somehow, and that's bad. They feel like they are being accused of being a bad person.

YOU ARE NOT A BAD PERSON!

There's nothing wrong, however, in acknowledging that it exists.

I'll answer the question I asked you. No, I wouldn't trade my skin color. I don't want to have to deal with the things my black friends deal with on a daily basis. I'm being honest here, something which I noticed you weren't. The question was about race, about skin color -- not people with more money or trading your "life" for someone else. I wasn't asking about whether you were happy or not being "you".

I'm talking about JUST your skin color, as in you wake up as a black male tomorrow. If skin color doesn't afford certain social benefits, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

edit on 22-4-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Isn't "snowflake" a racist term? Because snow is white an stuff? I think so. Bigotry. Gimme a break.

That's hilarious. Nobody but nobody is more obsessed with race than the average "I'm such a victim, everyone blames white men for everything!" wingnut. Does the "Left" have its own sanctimonious whiners blathering nauseating garbage all over the Internet and making asses of themselves on college campuses? Sure it does but for every "snowflake" whining about micro-aggressions there are thousands of right-wing "snowflakes" triggered by reading about it on the hundreds of clickbait "news" sites dedicated to bringing right-wing "snowflakes" their daily dose of campus news and other crap that nobody would care about if it didn't fuel self-righteous indignation.

Why don't conservatives own their whining like Donald Trump did?

"I do whine because I want to win, and I'm not happy about not winning, and I am a whiner, and I keep whining and whining until I win"

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I can walk onto a basketball court and nobody assumes I can play for a damn.

I can hit a dance floor and be assumed to have zero rhythm before I ever make a step.

I have a whole goddamn laundry list of words and phrases that, if I said them publicly, would result in calls for my livelihood, demands of my supplication, and threats on my life.

I can go into a store and buy any of several lines of hip hop clothes and wear them outside, fully expecting to be verbally accosted by black people for "acting black."

I can't purchase a 40 of Steel Reserve without the checker making a snide comment.

I can't fill out ANY paperwork without being asked my race and seeing where there are honestly multiple geographical differentiation for EVERY minority category (native American, native American Alaskan, native American island, etc) and one solitary "white" that lumps all of us whities into a single pot.

I can't apply for well over half of the scholarships available for school, nor will my children be able to.

LIFE SUCKS FOR ALL PEOPLE, BUY AN EFFING HELMET AND TELL YOUR TALES OF SORROW AND WOE TO SOMEBODY WITHOUT THEIR OWN... good luck finding that privileged SOB.

edit on 22-4-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No, I got it man. I was just having some fun. I didn't know you'd take it so seriously. Or even take me serious in what I was saying. I'm still not even sure it made any sense to be honest and I wrote it, read it, re-read it and even corrected parts of it so it sounded right when reading it.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Ya, I think "People like you" are also knows as being "One of them" sometimes as well.

"They" can sometimes be found hanging around "Those kind of People".

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

LOL oh god the "if you call someone racist, you're the actual racist" argument

Aww, are you said that people call you out on your hateful mindset? Were you being a bigot and someone called you out on it?

Oh and yes, racism does exist. Just because you have an idiotic perspective on society doesn't mean everyone else does.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
White Christian males need a safe space as they are clearly a persecuted minority in society according to some.
It's the liberal lefts fault. Blame the liberal left driving around in their PCs brigade engines stomping on your freedom of speech same old story different day

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: GoShredAK

a reply to: Freija
I'm Mexican, trump is trying to build a wall to keep me in here. That's why I'm mad

Just trying to lighten the mood, I doubt it worked but that's all i got.

But ya, Mexican mutt type of person.

ah, pobrecito, hijo pelon llorar...

I'm Mexican but I was born in America. I don't understand your stupid burrito language.

Fantastic, I'm the rich white guy born in Lubbock Texas, and just happen to be bilingual. I also speak a little Navajo as well as a smattering of Tewa.

Burrito language...I think Spanish is beautiful, expressive and poetic.

I apologize. I'm of Hispanic descent and jokes like that never bothered me. I should have taken into consideration that you were sensitive.

I'm not sensitive. I'm rich, brutally handsome and have a girl friend with huge breasts. I'm blessed!!

Make sure she is not an SJW or you will soon lose access to the breasts, lose all your money and then later your looks after a few years on the bottle.

I don't care what happens. I'm a winner and can rise like a phoenix to spread my wings and overcome any obstacles.

I was at one time a hopeless coc aine addicted drunk and it was the love of a good woman that saved my ass. Like I said...I'm blessed!!!

Ok,

Group 1: Hopeless coc aine addicted drunk.

Yeah, that's why I say the rest of you payaso chongos can besa mi c*** !! That PC enough for ya?

Bunch a f***** perdedores as far as I'm concerned. Bring me another burrito, por favor!

I'd kill for a Taco Bell right now.

Ever have a churro in a chinese cinema?

I've only had churro's on the beach at Todos Santos. Are they better in a Chinese cinema. The only thing I ate in a Chinese movie house was mushrooms. San Francisco in the 70s.while finishing up an MA in Anthro at Cal State East Bay.
If I remember correctly it was a Wang Kar-Wai film.

Yep, I'm a guiltless White privileged male....I don't know if I'm a SJW but I give bums on the street a lot of money when they ask for it.
I don't care if they buy drugs or alcohol...There but for the grace of God and all that Jazz....

I do think that all the name calling by conservatives like SJW, snowflake, libtard, commies and moonbats smaks of trailer park vernacular.

No, I'm talking a chinese cinema in Hong Kong, lol and it couldn't have been a Wong Kar-Wai film in the 70's.

You remember the Morlocks and Eloi, right?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
This is the core of it.

They want to argue with you, ostensibly to change your point of view. But they then set the rules of engagement in a way that eliminates your ability to even discuss without being accused of being hateful.

Isn't that what "they" are also doing to "them" too??? (Whoever "They" and "Them" it is we are talking about.)

Because that is what "they" are being accused of doing while it's being done to "them". "They" keep accusing "Them" of being hateful but "they" are hating on "them" just as much.

I think I'm starting to see why this never gets US anywhere.

You seem to advocating that SJWs should be allowed to go on the attack on issues that are not real, insult others, undermine others, accuse others of racism, bigotry, misogyny etc,. without any resistance from the people they are trying to marginalize.

I'm afraid the retaliation is not going to stop any time soon. Years of this BS has been left unchecked and now sane people have had enough. Push too far and you get a reaction. Keep pushing and you get an even bigger reaction. Eventually things will blow up in a serious way.

Frankly, I am sick of the all too familiar tactic of those that would constantly attack others for their 'privilege' and then cry foul when they get a reaction, pointing fingers for the very thing they incited in the first place.

You seem to still be in the 'shrug shoulders' phase. Fair enough. You have more patience than most, but not everyone is as patient as you are.
edit on 23/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
White Christian males need a safe space as they are clearly a persecuted minority in society according to some.
It's the liberal lefts fault. Blame the liberal left driving around in their PCs brigade engines stomping on your freedom of speech same old story different day

I don't think they want safe spaces. It's more that they are going to burn the liberal left's safe spaces to the ground and hold them accountable for their actions.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
Accountable for what actions? The paranoia of the right is self inflicted. I saw a tweet from mark dice saying liberals want to burn all Christians in a big pile. The paranoia is strong in the right wingers brain

edit on 23-4-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

"Political correctness" - basically the ignorant people told that the ignorant views they're used to preaching are no longer acceptable to society and they don't like being called out on it.

And as for "special snowflakes", what makes you think you're so special that you have the right to be a racist/bigot/homophobe/sexist without facing any opposing view? What makes you so special that you deserve some kind of free pass for your opinions and no one else can criticize?

If anyone is being a "special snowflake" here it's the teenager having a mental breakdown on an internet forum because he can't stand hearing people arguing against his ignorance.
edit on 23-4-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

"Political correctness" - basically the ignorant people told that the ignorant views they're used to preaching are no longer acceptable to society and they don't like being called out on it.

And as for "special snowflakes", what makes you think you're so special that you have the right to be a racist/bigot/homophobe/sexist without facing any opposing view? What makes you so special that you deserve some kind of free pass for your opinions and no one else can criticize?

If anyone is being a "special snowflake" here it's the teenager having a mental breakdown on an internet forum because he can't stand hearing people arguing against his ignorance.

Sorry but no.

Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be manners.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienmma
Aww, are you said that people call you out on your hateful mindset? Were you being a bigot and someone called you out on it?

That's what this really comes down to. These people are actually being called what they are, they're having a massive mirror held up to their face and they can't stand the idea that the people they're used to attacking are actually attacking back.

It's the same with people who complain about "progressives", their alternative is stagnation, the status quo, the time when they could call someone a ni**er at work and not lose their job.

Times have changed, attitudes have changed, and these rigid conservative ignoramuses are finally experiencing a fight back against their ignorance, and they can't stand it.

And lets be reminded that there have been laws to combat racism and bigotry for years, the ONLY thing that's really changed in the last couple of years is the social space. No one is being sent to prison for "thought crimes" as these RWNJ's want to claim, no one is rounding them up for prison camps and "re-education" as these crazies want to imagine, no one is forcing them to do anything other than be decent Humans to other Humans.

Even this is beyond these ignorant people.

They truly think they are a special class of citizen, deserving of an imagined right to be racist/sexist/homophobic to others without any response, everyone else is just supposed to shut up and accept it from them, because they're "special snowflakes" who imagine they are superior to others.

They're the same as the Republican Christian nut jobs too, the ones who want to place themselves above everyone else as some kind of "protected bigot", their opinions are not to be debated, their views are not to be challenged, and if you dare to call them what they actually are they have a mental breakdown about how "unfair" it all is and how they deserve to be "special" and given a free pass for their hatred of others.

Don't worry though, they've already lost.
Take one look around and you can see how society is changing, and these people have one option - treat others with decency and respect or you'll lose friends, lose jobs, lose respect and lose a whole chunk of your life being that hateful and ignorant RWNJ.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Sorry but no.

I have come to realise it's pointless arguing with them. Their brains are different.

Liberal brain

Normal persons brain

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Sorry but no.

Sorry but no.
When you're actually being arrested, imprisoned, punished for having an opinion others don't agree with, THEN you can come back and claim that.

You people want to claim that your right to be an ignorant fool has been removed from you, when that's clearly not the case. You can be a racist, you can be one in your home, on the internet, in public with friends, what you CAN'T do is be a racist in your job, in a position of influence/office, and what you CANT do is expect everyone to shut up and just agree with you.

The real issue here is that you think you deserve the right to be that bigot without anyone having any opposing view, freedom of opinion IS NOT JUST FOR YOU.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Thanks for that, you just destroyed any credibility you thought you had in this thread

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Thanks for that, you just destroyed any credibility you thought you had in this thread

I was just in a jovial mood after reading your comedy post.

Here's another just for you.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Black folks can call white people crackers or white boy. Or talk about all the stereotypes that apply to white people and it's no biggie.

They call each other nigga, too. Whites don't call each other cracka and are ridiculing when they call each other white trash.

Whites take that s*** much too seriously. Theres your 'special special flower' attitude.

Racism is hardly just speech or insulting, its harmful action. Now you sound like the special flower.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join