It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Victim hierarchy for dummies.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
It basically means social justice for everyone except white males,this whole sjw thing.

And people can't seem to grasp why white males between 30-40 have the highest rate of suicide in the country. Taught early that we should be ashamed of our masculinity, ancestry, and our heritage by these SJW's and 3rd wave feminists. I was depressed for many years till I realize I was being programmed to be that way. This is far from white guilt it's facts...

White males accounted for 7 of 10 suicides in 2014.
Firearms account for almost 50% of all suicides.
The rate of suicide is highest in middle age — white men in particular.

Source

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Victim hierarchy for dummies.

That smiling freak should be arrested if that is a real set up.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Those cookies look suspicious...

Ps: If they fight for equality, shouldn't the prices be the same for everyone?.......
edit on 23-4-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Every think white males succeed because white society deems that they are to be providers, have no saftey nets, and cannot play the victim card? You don't make a championship team by teaching them they are victims. You make a championship team by keeping them lean and hungry to prove themselves by accomplishments. Problem is we now have large groups proud to be on food stamps. As a society we are more proud to force others to give than encource people to earn. How much money has be put into the war on property. It's about control, not lifting people up.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: amazing

I'm glad you took intro psychology and have it figured out.

Thanks. I hope have as well?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: GoShredAK

Racism. It is clear the ones crying racism are the most racist of all.

Can you give an example of that? To me it sounds like you're saying the cries of racism wherever they arise are false.

Gladly:
BLM
Obamma
Holder
Jackson
Sharpton
Black Panthers
Farrakhan

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

a reply to: GoShredAK

Racism. It is clear the ones crying racism are the most racist of all.

Can you give an example of that? To me it sounds like you're saying the cries of racism wherever they arise are false.

Black folks can call white people crackers or white boy. Or talk about all the stereotypes that apply to white people and it's no biggie.

Reverse the situation and its completely unacceptable.

You see this on television and every day life.

It seems fine to make fun of Hispanics too. I've felt that my entire life.

You asked for an example and insinuated I'm full of it. So there ya go.

Those who cry for equality are usually the same ones that deny it to you. They never want fair and equal...they want special treatment. Being treated in a manner they in which they won't treat you.

It is called hypocrisy...or liberal.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

BLM
Obamma
Holder
Jackson
Sharpton
Black Panthers
Farrakhan

You are aware BLM formed the day Zimmerman was let go for killing Treyvon Martin? All they protest for is equal justice under the law. I also noted you left out MLK, Malcom X, Gandhi (hardly white), all fought against inequality under the law.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

If they checked their stats better, then they'd know they got their price structure wrong. The Asian/Asian American price should probably be about a quarter more expensive than the white/Caucasian price.

I always find the whole white privilege thing to be stupid when measured against Asians as a minority group. In pretty much all areas, they outperform whites. That's likely why no one talks about them and why you don't actually tend to see them whining about life in America.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Oh man, that was priceless. Damn sexist feminists, and their violent outbursts.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
a reply to: UKTruth

Those cookies look suspicious...

Ps: If they fight for equality, shouldn't the prices be the same for everyone?.......

Well, we all have to pay our fair share too you know.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
My hubby is in the software IT coding field...I have to ask where are the prices for all of the Indians who have come here? In his company, he is giving meetings and he is the only one who is not Indian or I will admit...there is a couple flown up from South America! How much is their treat?

Honestly, we accept he has his job because he is willing to accept lower pay then them, yet train them. For us, the freedom to work from home is awesome. We even know that contractually his corporation is paid 6 x more than him. Talk about job security! True he considers looking at other employers...but we do like having the freedom and as thrifty as I am...most folks think we are rich! So, pffst! We are happy in our own perspective!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

BLM
Obamma
Holder
Jackson
Sharpton
Black Panthers
Farrakhan

You are aware BLM formed the day Zimmerman was let go for killing Treyvon Martin? All they protest for is equal justice under the law. I also noted you left out MLK, Malcom X, Gandhi (hardly white), all fought against inequality under the law.

Funny I heard them call for killing policemen and they were also involved in rioting to shut down others' free speech. They are a racist and violent organisation.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
You seem to advocating that SJWs should be allowed to go on the attack on issues that are not real, insult others, undermine others, accuse others of racism, bigotry, misogyny etc,. without any resistance from the people they are trying to marginalize.

Really?? I don't remember saying that at all. If that's what you got out of what I was saying then one of us has hasn't communicated properly.

I'm afraid the retaliation is not going to stop any time soon. Years of this BS has been left unchecked and now sane people have had enough. Push too far and you get a reaction. Keep pushing and you get an even bigger reaction. Eventually things will blow up in a serious way.

Frankly, I am sick of the all too familiar tactic of those that would constantly attack others for their 'privilege' and then cry foul when they get a reaction, pointing fingers for the very thing they incited in the first place.

You seem to still be in the 'shrug shoulders' phase. Fair enough. You have more patience than most, but not everyone is as patient as you are.

Hey, give em hell man!!

edit on 23-4-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: UKTruth
You seem to advocating that SJWs should be allowed to go on the attack on issues that are not real, insult others, undermine others, accuse others of racism, bigotry, misogyny etc,. without any resistance from the people they are trying to marginalize.

Really?? I don't remember saying that at all. If that's what you got out of what I was saying then one of us has hasn't communicated properly.

I'm afraid the retaliation is not going to stop any time soon. Years of this BS has been left unchecked and now sane people have had enough. Push too far and you get a reaction. Keep pushing and you get an even bigger reaction. Eventually things will blow up in a serious way.

Frankly, I am sick of the all too familiar tactic of those that would constantly attack others for their 'privilege' and then cry foul when they get a reaction, pointing fingers for the very thing they incited in the first place.

You seem to still be in the 'shrug shoulders' phase. Fair enough. You have more patience than most, but not everyone is as patient as you are.

Hey, give em hell man!!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Still not sure I understand the premise of this thread or the arguments against being a Social Justice Warrior.

Ghandi and MLK were both Social Justice Warriors and, in my opinion, right in what they were doing.

I also see a lot of crazy and/or bad people being used to put down a whole movement. For example, if there is one loony feminist, they'll say all feminists are crazy. Or if there are a few bad apples in the BLM movement, they must all be bad.

The real questions, though, are...is it wrong to protest police brutality? Is it wrong to want equal rights for all? Is it wrong to stand up to bullies? Is it wrong to stand against online harrasment? Is it wrong to point out any injustice and try to right it somehow or shine a light on it or protest it or try to change the circumstances?

And what I really think is....anyone that stands against anything you believe in, you label as a social justice warrior. That's kind of retarded backwards thinking.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Still not sure I understand the premise of this thread or the arguments against being a Social Justice Warrior.

Ghandi and MLK were both Social Justice Warriors and, in my opinion, right in what they were doing.

I also see a lot of crazy and/or bad people being used to put down a whole movement. For example, if there is one loony feminist, they'll say all feminists are crazy. Or if there are a few bad apples in the BLM movement, they must all be bad.

The real questions, though, are...is it wrong to protest police brutality? Is it wrong to want equal rights for all? Is it wrong to stand up to bullies? Is it wrong to stand against online harrasment? Is it wrong to point out any injustice and try to right it somehow or shine a light on it or protest it or try to change the circumstances?

And what I really think is....anyone that stands against anything you believe in, you label as a social justice warrior. That's kind of retarded backwards thinking.

To be fair I think the conversation has been directed more at the loonies. SJW is just a label for the crazies that have been mentioned.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Dont compare the modern SJWs to real ACTIVISTS who had balls and knew their ground, and actually respected free speech and knew how to debate with reason and respect!

You know Ghandi used to be abusive toward his wife and probably had abusive behavior towards other women with whom he slept, I condemn that, but his notion of nonviolent revolution is something to admire.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I think the privileged majority get a little rattled when their throne is threatened by a "lesser" minority getting recognition and the same privileges.

You make it sound like we live in Nazi Germany or something, lol.

Under the eyes of the law, we are all equal. Minorities and women have shared the exact same rights and responsibilities as white men for decades now. To look at topics in broad strokes such as a privileged majority and a lesser minority is detrimental. We are all individuals who have our own struggles in life.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join