It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: amazing

Excellent non-answer.

The population has been mostly white for centuries... . . . . well you know, if you go back far enough, but hey thats another white guilt thread.

I'm still not sure why you keep talking about guilt? It really has nothing to do with my/our conversation. Back on point, if the majority of the population is white and psychologically we like and help and mentor and gravitate to people that our like ourselves, can't you see that there is an advantage to being white?

You are talking about community, I think.
If you are talking about decision making for jobs, elections, etc then you are talking about widespread racism (which does not exist)

It's more subtle than that. Basic psychology dictates that if I'm hiring someone for a job, and they look like me, act like me, have the same hobbies, religion or country of origin as me...they've already got an advantage in the hiring process. We like people who are like ourselves. It doesn't mean I won't hire someone completely different than me with a great skillset, but that guy that is just like me, well, he's already on top of the list.

Would this be your description of the kind of privilege being discussed?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Double Post
edit on 23-4-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Excellent non-answer.

The population has been mostly white for centuries... . . . . well you know, if you go back far enough, but hey thats another white guilt thread.

I'm still not sure why you keep talking about guilt? It really has nothing to do with my/our conversation. Back on point, if the majority of the population is white and psychologically we like and help and mentor and gravitate to people that our like ourselves, can't you see that there is an advantage to being white?

If you are talking about decision making for jobs, elections, etc then you are talking about widespread racism (which does not exist)

It's more subtle than that. Basic psychology dictates that if I'm hiring someone for a job, and they look like me, act like me, have the same hobbies, religion or country of origin as me...they've already got an advantage in the hiring process. We like people who are like ourselves. It doesn't mean I won't hire someone completely different than me with a great skillset, but that guy that is just like me, well, he's already on top of the list.

Yes. In most cases it's a very small or no advantage at all, but in some cases it's big. Just like if I moved to China, there would be Chinese privilege.

The problem, in the USA, for example is that for centuries dating back to the British Empire, white men have ruled the power structure. It takes a long time to change it. My previous post about our congress being 80% white and male shows the issue. Or that most CEOs in the USA are white males. I'm just saying there is an advantage and at it's heart that's white privilege.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

As two transgender bills (AB 433 and SB 48) are poised to be passed by the California Legislature, at least one elementary school in Oakland is already indoctrinating kids starting in kindergarten about "gender diversity."
www.massresistance.com...
I am not going to go there with you, I
Am addressing the fact that activists are pushing for all kinds of legislation that forces schools to adopt policies. How have our schools turned into such indoctrination machines and why do you feel it's necessary to do this (besides the bullying ) ? This stuff has consequences.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Excellent non-answer.

Yes. In most cases it's a very small or no advantage at all, but in some cases it's big. Just like if I moved to China, there would be Chinese privilege.

The problem, in the USA, for example is that for centuries dating back to the British Empire, white men have ruled the power structure. It takes a long time to change it. My previous post about our congress being 80% white and male shows the issue. Or that most CEOs in the USA are white males. I'm just saying there is an advantage and at it's heart that's white privilege.

Your previous post didn't show the issue though. 80% of congress being white is about right based on the population (if you are being kind that is)
If you dig deeper you will find that in reality 80% is too low and its minorities that have gained privilege here as there are too many in Congress.

In terms of male/female I am not convinced it has anything to do with sexism - more to do with the fact that less women actually want political jobs.

edit on 23/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

They were the whiners of yesteryear

Social Justice warrior is now a pejorative

Civil rights movement hijacked, de-fanged, repackaged and sold back to another group of whiners to be used as a tool - used to mock and devalue

You'll get no argument from me that the internet and a faster than the speed of light media has made it possible for all of us to whine incessantly. It does make all of it look like less than nothing anymore

I'll very proudly claim the title. SJW - say what you will

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY - is going to dictate to me what's important, or tell me when there's something I can no longer say

I only wish that some people could see the irony in that - but I fear that might be a hopeless kind of wish these days

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I think the privileged majority get a little rattled when their throne is threatened by a "lesser" minority getting recognition and the same privileges.

Its really the privileged elites who are allowing our schools to become indoctrination centers for social justice warriors. After all its the privileged elites who can afford to send their own kids to expensive private schools where they will never be exposed to the same kind of stuff being pushed in the public system. Just like they also listen to classical music but push the most horrid music in the media.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY - is going to dictate to me what's important
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

But its ok to dictate to the entire public education system what your personal belief system is regarding social issues and even force parents of kindergarteners to accept it or face consequences even jail time. sooo ok then that somewhat reinforces OPs point...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't consider myself a 'warrior' by any means, because my MO is to do things quietly; behind the scenes. But I am always happy to see bold and vocal people who are willing to step up to the plate and speak or intervene on behalf of those who need help, or have undergone maltreatment.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY - is going to dictate to me what's important, or tell me when there's something I can no longer say

This is quite an interesting statement.

As a self proclaimed SJW, would you say everyone has the right never to be told what they can say or what is important?
edit on 23/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

They already did do that. It was called Occupy Wall Street and it didn't do a bit of good.

I agree with you for a change. It was never really intended to fix wall street. It was intended to agitate for direct or participatory democracy and financial transaction fees which is nothing more than a veiled UN World tax.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Im sorry. But i cannot imagine Harriet Tubman, Harriet Beecher-Stowe, or Frederick Douglass complaining about "safe spaces" and "microaggressions".

But speaking of Beecher-Stowe, this little tidbit from here is brought to mind when we discuss SJW:

One would like to be grand and heroic, if one could; but if not, why try at all? One wants to be very something, very great, very heroic; or if not that, then at least very stylish and very fashionable. It is this everlasting mediocrity that bores me.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

As a self proclaimed SJW, would you say everyone has the right never to be told what they can say or what is important?

You better believe it

I am no hypocrite

Just prepare yourself for what comes - I always do. Always

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

You better believe it

I am no hypocrite

Then you do not fit the SJW perjorative.

Which, since i know you here, i can tell you that you are not in that classification. You listen, you reply thoughtfully.....that is not the traits that has caused the birth of a new pejorative.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You better believe it

I am no hypocrite

Yep - you don't fit the SJW mindset at all. Sounds to me like your mantra is live and let live.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

Your post makes sense but you veered off the point a little thus....when you consider world powers--US, UK, Australia, Germany, France...majority population white. I understand that if I lived in India or Japan or China, being white would be a hindrance. But living the the USA...It's a huge advantage. That's the point.

When I consider world powers, I consider numbers and military strength. China and India both match our military strength (we meaning all the nations you said combined. US may spend more in military, but thats because we get ripped off beyond recognition. the 50 dollar hammer type thing)
So then we discuss power in regards to population, and china or india beats the entire west alone..together the ratio is crazy disproportionate
You are basically bitching about how in white nations, white people have more white representation..go figure...wow..this is an outrage and such.

America is overall a white majority, but there is plenty of representation otherwise..comparatively to the rest of the world, we are a freaking rainbow of diversity.we have every color in every office, gay, straight, male, female..we're good. the only thing holding back racism from being a thing from the past is..a bunch of people demanding people keep racism alive through movements discussing how racist people are, cultural appropration nonsense, wage earnings gap being something concerning, blacklivesmatter racist demands

One of the key features of the liberal mindset is to disregard feelings in exchange for facts. its why liberals side with science on every occasion, global warming, anti-torture (it produces no reliable results), anti-continued punishment for ex-cons, etc.
What you are stating is feelings..how things feel regardless of statistical, factual information..This is the flaw, and cancer, of the progressivism leech that has attached itself to liberalism. it is the opposite of liberalism, it is demanding to stop research and identify specifics..in exchange for listen and believe.
You are falling down a very comfortable feeling cult. I would recommend stop letting this control your mind and break out..research the hard facts, explore actual demographics, percentage shifts, find out statistically the breakdown of who is going to university and what subjects they are majoring in, how this will paint the future for the demographics, etc.
Western progressive propaganda is weakening nations..it has to be addressed and fought. this doesn't mean abandon social activism whenever there is a genuine factual wrong or consideration..just dont let the few imperfections (cops not having video cameras on them running at all times for instance) be a gateway drug into a cult of nonsense and feelings over facts.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

But its ok to dictate to the entire public education system what your personal belief system is regarding social issues and even force parents of kindergarteners to accept it or face consequences even jail time. sooo ok then that somewhat reinforces OPs point...

We have (for now) a separation of church and state in this country - we all pretend to care about individual freedoms

You may not like that someone identifies as being a girl when you want to call her boy. Your beliefs are not enough to trample on the rights of that little girl

This is something society is going to have to work out - and if it takes a fight - then it's going to be a fight

Your religious beliefs are yours. Are you saying that kindergartners rights are less than the rights of parents? Because of your religious beliefs? How do you prove your case?

edit on 4/23/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: gender

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Just came across this SJW dressed up as hitler making a speech

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Yep - you don't fit the SJW mindset at all. Sounds to me like your mantra is live and let live.

This is the thing - we can all take any title or description we want and turn it into something else. If you want to take the words Social Justice Warrior and make it about something you think you can attack - that's on you

I'll call myself what I want - thank you very much

I am a social Justice Warrior. We may not all agree on everything. If you don't mind my saying so - so are you

Or - what the hell is it that you think you're even arguing about?

:-)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

We have (for now) a separation of church and state in this country - we all pretend to care about individual freedoms You may not like that someone identifies as being a girl when you want to call him boy. Your beliefs are not enough to trample on the rights of that little girl

And what did religion have to do with this? This is purely cultural, and it is cultural Marxists who desire to agitate for change in society, destroy the family unit as a basis for standards, and replace it with the all Supreme State just as the Totalitarian John Dewey envisioned.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join