It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: UKTruth

Yep - you don't fit the SJW mindset at all. Sounds to me like your mantra is live and let live.

This is the thing - we can all take any title or description we want and turn it into something else. If you want to take the words Social Justice Warrior and make it about something you think you can attack - that's on you

I'll call myself what I want - thank you very much

I am a social Justice Warrior. We may not all agree on everything. If you don't mind my saying so - so are you

Or - what the hell is it that you think you're even arguing about?

:-)

The OP is talking about social justice warriors in a specific context - read the OP.
That is what i am talking about and the whole thread has been dedicated to.

If you'd like to talk about something else then knock yourself out.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What is a safe space Tex?

Think about it

These kids today - you think all of societies ills have been worked out and they have no worries? Rape isn't a thing? Profiling isn't a thing? Discrimination - gone?

Have you actually bought into the argument that there is no such thing as a microaggression?

People say what's fashionable - they follow the crowd

If some of it seems more noble to you - historically or otherwise - I'd suggest you reread what you said earlier, and factor that in, because that was exactly right:

Our world is facing serious social issues. Issues that really only matter now because of our population density, honestly. If we are to continue growing, we need to get these issues resolved. Humans who cannot live together are poor humans, indeed. And with how small the world has gotten....its not like we have a choice.

edit on 4/23/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

This is true: words are just common vernacular that a group agrees on. You are free to use whatever word you wish.

I can call myself a unicorn, and insist that my screen name is spelled "God".

"What is your name?"

"Rick. With 2 "z's", not 1"

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

A hero of mine

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

edit on 23-4-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

And what did religion have to do with this? This is purely cultural, and it is cultural Marxists who desire to agitate for change in society, destroy the family unit as a basis for standards, and replace it with the all Supreme State just as the Totalitarian John Dewey envisioned.

Cultural you say?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You don't get to play the secular card on this one. Cultural Marxism isn't why you don't like gender issues

If you believe in personal freedom - then children get to be who and what they are - you don't get to decide for them
edit on 4/23/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: An H too far

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

People say what's fashionable - they follow the crowd

That is the gist of the Beecher-Stowe quote.

And it is why I roll my eyes about the majority of it.

Yes, discrimination happens. Rape happens. Laughing at fat people happens. Bullying happens. I would say all of this was just basic human behavior. Our ugly side. But even that isn't true...it transcends humanity and is a problem in the animal kingdom.

and im happy to work towards solutions. But excuse me if im disgusted by the nonsense I see happening among the "fashionable" crowd.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

But excuse me if im disgusted by the nonsense I see happening among the "fashionable" crowd.

Ditto that

Which fashionable crowd was that again? The one on the left? Or that massive, brooding snowflake hating mob on the right?

Fashion...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

How dare you bring facts to the table that refute your privilege. What are you thinking!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The OP is talking about social justice warriors in a specific context

Yes. I disagree with him. He can take his context and...

Well - you get the gist I'm sure

This is exactly what we're all talking about. His perception is not the same as mine. He sees the attack on his values as being irrational and dangerous

Is it?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The OP is talking about social justice warriors in a specific context

Yes. I disagree with him. He can take his context and...

Well - you get the gist I'm sure

This is exactly what we're all talking about. His perception is not the same as mine. He sees the attack on his values as being irrational and dangerous

Is it?

I am beginning to feel like I am in this scene with you:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I might just have to friend you for that

One of the very best - ever

And you know what - it's pretty accurate :-)

P.S. I'm actually laughing now
edit on 4/23/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I think...we all have a world view

It deserves to be challenged - in perpetuity

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

But excuse me if im disgusted by the nonsense I see happening among the "fashionable" crowd.

Ditto that

Which fashionable crowd was that again? The one on the left? Or that massive, brooding snowflake hating mob on the right?

Fashion...

I dunno Spira. I think you are pigeonholing there. This isn't left/right. At least, not from where I stand.

This is simple values. I grew up in a generation (full of Democrats, might I add) that detested whining, especially about little things like "microaggressions".

I'd challenge you to find a single human culture that valued incessant whining about the little things, the inconveniences. You asked if i denied the concept of microaggressions. No, i don't. I fully recognize that there are systemic, small issues that are unjust. But all too often its just petty whining. Which really degrades the value of the term when applied to systemic microaggression that equates to "a death of a thousand cuts". It has been cheapened by becoming the de facto failsafe for fashionable morons who want to whine for some attention. Like a group of college kids that don't want to have to see the name Trump written in chalk on a sidewalk.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I might just have to friend you for that

One of the very best - ever

And you know what - it's pretty accurate :-)

P.S. I'm actually laughing now

Ha yes - its one of my favourites.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Tex - who gets to decide what's petty?

Do you think that we've arrived at this point because we've run out of problems?

There's a spin being put on everything right now

The civil rights movement didn't end - and things are not OK

It is left and right because this is what we're calling it - we've all bought into these terms in this country at least

Go through the threads here at ATS - see if I'm wrong

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

RE: left/right....i've chosen to look at them like they are morons. We are almost all in the middle. we just refuse to admit it so we can be fashionable.

RE: who gets to choose whats petty....i'd say that we all do. We each get our own opinion, right?

And if we are being honest, if a snowflake wants to hate me for despising their incessant whining....im ok with that. We can't always make everyone happy, right?

Even more, if you want to insist that you are a snowflake, i can refuse to agree with you.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I'm glad you took intro psychology and have it figured out.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

When we start speaking in terms of group or class justice, we've stopped speaking about justice for actual individuals in favor of the abstract categorizations of human beings we harbor in our imagination. In other words, not justice at all. Just ask any "social justice warrior" whose justice he is fighting for, and if he refuses to point to a single individual and why that individual requires justice, and instead lists off groups and races and genders and other identities, you will have to watch as he refers to his imagination and fantasies in a purely self-congratulatory fashion. "Social injustice warriors" is a more apt term.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

At it's core it has nothing to do with justice, it's all about identity politics... which is ironic since they claim their platform is about equality.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join